sixteen

She's on Duty

i swear i wanna update, but the my laptop screen went all-black, and that of a shop took a full month to repair it. sooo here it is! sorry for the late update! >o<

 


 

 

“Joonie! I brought your favourite dukbokki!!”

 

Seokjin turned around, and there she was; the girl at the bus stop back then.

 

 

Seokjin’s heart dropped. The girl was as pretty as she was then, even prettier now. Seeing as the girl (now lady) was still at Namjoon’s side after all these years meant that they were – are – still together.

 

He watched as the lady went to Namjoon’s other side, fussing over him. He watched as the two interacted and felt his heart constricted. The lady only seemed to realize he was there when he stood.

 

Seokjin cleared his throat. “It seemed I came at a wrong time. I’ll come by later.”

 

With a tight-lipped and somehow forced smile, he walked out, but halted when he felt a hand stopping him.

 

“Seokjin? You’re Seokjin, right? From back then?”

 

He scoffed inwardly. Wow, this lady is really thick-faced, after stealing my man. He was about to go when the grip at his arm tightened.

 

“Please don’t go. We…I need to explain.”

 

He sat back down after the little confusion. The lady had the same expression as he remembered years ago; a guilty, sad, and remorseful one.

 

“Sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Jimin’s mother.”

 

Seokjin hesitantly took her offered handshake. Now that he observed, Jimin’s eyes and nose looked exactly like her.

 

“My name is Kim Namjoo. Joonie’s sister.”

 

Wait, what?

 

“I’m sorry…I’m really sorry that you guys became like this. I’m the reason this all started. Please don’t hate Joonie. Everything he did…it was for me. To protect me. Our dad…he wasn’t really…fatherly. That’s why mom left.”

 

Seokjin’s face softened at the statement. He remembered that one time he went to their house. He saw how their father was drinking in broad daylight. He thought that the only thing stopping him from hitting Namjoon was him being there.

 

“We tried our best to keep it a secret, but dad went nuts when he found out I was pregnant. He wanted to kill me and my baby. But my brother here took care of us. Joonie took care of Jimin while I went into hiding. It took years to get back on track after that old man died. But…I never pictured Joonie took the wrong turn for this.”

 

She looked at her brother pitifully. She didn’t expect Namjoon to quit school. Never once in her mind thought that Namjoon would go down this road, just to keep her son alive. Her eyes were glassy remembering their past, but she quickly dismissed it.

 

She held Seokjin’s hand. “I’m sorry for taking him away from you. I know I’m selfish, and everything is just excuses, but please forgive us.”

 

It happened too fast, and they didn’t expect it. Suddenly Seokjin cried his eyes out, softly hitting Namjoon. Luckily not at his injured side.

 

“Hyung? Hyung?! Why-why are you like this?”

 

Even through the sobs, Seokjin managed to croak out, “You should’ve told me, dammit!”

 

Seokjin’s hands eventually came to a stop, and Namjoon took the chance to hold them dearly. He let the older to cry his heart out first, and patiently wait for the other to talk.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me anything?”

 

“I…I didn’t know how to.”

 

“Is it because…because you don’t trust me?” Seokjin’s voice wavered.

 

He shook his head frantically. He cupped his lover’s face, slowly as if Seokjin was made out of glass.

 

“Seokjin hyung. I would never want to burden you, hyung. I don’t want to cause you any more trouble. You’re an aspiring student back then. Even though you said you’re fine, but I know you’re struggling to balance your studies with your student body duties.”

 

Seokjin’s face softened at the confession. He could see the truth in his eyes. Oh, how much he missed staring at those eyes.

 

“How can I add my personal problems to yours? I don’t want you to get involved in this mess.”

 

Seokjin leaned into Namjoon’s touch, placing his own hands over his.

 

“Your problems are my problems. Just like how I am yours and you are mine.”

 

Namjoon wrapped his hands around the elder, not before kissing him on the forehead. Seokjin smiled gratefully. He missed this; he missed his touch, his hug, his kiss.

 

Seokjin missed Namjoon.

 

“Oh my god, you guys are so cheesy I’m melting off right here.” Namjoon’s sister fake-gagged at the scene but still happy to see them.

 

The vibrations he felt against Namjoon’s chest when he laughed made Seokjin smile. This is nice.

 

 

All’s well that ends well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona huffed as she sat down under a tree. She gulped her bottled water and set it aside. She looked around, and a smile automatically found its way to her face.

 

It’s been a bit more than one year since all the hassle happened.

 

It was Jimin’s graduation day. They’ve finished the ceremony in the morning, had lunch together and were having a picnic that late afternoon.

 

Yoongi and Jimin were still playing one-on-one on the basketball court. Jimin got better these days, but never enough to beat Yoongi. Yoongi was smug, but always played weak and let the younger beat him at times.

 

At the side of the court, Seokjin was feeding countless kimbab slices to Namjoon. He said it was a new recipe that he found on the internet. If it were possible, Namjoon’s dimple deepened while he watches the police officer rambling about his cooking.

 

A bit farther to them was the youngest, budding couple that was currently on their 2763th ice cream date. Jungkook was still shy; often caught stealing glances at Halla. He let her lead their conversation, with him sometimes used his hands to wipe the dripping ice cream off her chin, which made her blushed.

 

Yoona watched these from under the shade and sighed happily.

 

If only…

 

She snapped out of it and shook her head.

 

Stop it, Yoona. No news is good news.

 

She leaned back to the tree and closed her eyes. Right on time, her phone that has been playing songs randomly, played that one song she missed the most. She smiled to herself and started drifting off.

 

 

 

 

A sudden cold sensation on her left cheek made her jolted up and her eyes snapped opened. She heard a deep voice laughing at her, she caught the canned drink passed to her. This felt like déjà vu.

 

A guy kneeled in front of her. Yoona’s eyes couldn’t get any wider when she saw his stupidly handsome boxy-smiley face.

 

“Nice song.”

 

Out of reflex, Yoona threw a punch but Taehyung caught her fist just in time. He side-eyed her wrist, or what was worn on it.

 

“Nice watch.”

 

She couldn’t help it anymore. A drop of tear slipped down her cheeks, which startled Taehyung. He quickly wiped it away, gently cupping her face.

 

“You’re here?” She asked through the sobs.

 

He just hummed in reply. Suddenly he was hit by the arm.

 

“Where have you been, dammit?! And not even a phone call…”

 

Yoona felt like wanting to punch this stupidly-handsome guy in front of her when he smiled like nothing happened.

 

“I just…got out…from jail.”

 

“I…It just doesn’t feel right, running away like that. I need to set things straight. Well, uncle Joonie chipped in to bail me out this quick, but that’s not important. Besides…”

 

 He had this mischievous smile while he took her hands in his.

 

“How can I date an officer if I am running away from the police?”

 

Taehyung used all his might to avoid the non-stop incoming slaps to his arm. But he managed to stop them, when he held her tight, their foreheads touching.

 

“But I’m here now.”

 

Yoona’s voice was small. “And you won’t leave?”

 

“Never.”

 

And their lips met. It was like they had to never talk again, all their feelings were conveyed into their kiss.

 

But suddenly Yoona pushed him away.

 

“Wait…how old are you…?”

 

He snorted. “Not a high school student, at least.”

 

“Okay then.”

 

She pulled him in for another kiss, startling him for a split second before tilting his head to deepen the kiss. They couldn’t stop themselves, even when Yoona heard the others wooing and cheering for them from afar.

 

From what she knows, he was here now, and her family was now complete.

 

 

 

 

 


aaaaaaaaand that's a wrap!

thank you for the patience in me!

thank you for reading!

thank you thank you thank you!!!

*throws thousands of confettis then bows*