six

She's on Duty

The bell rang indicating the first break. The teacher walked out and almost all of the students groaned while some slumped on their table. Apparently nobody liked maths in the class.

 

Jimin stood up and started walking towards the door, saying that he was going to wash his face. His fatigue expression said everything. Taehyung haven’t arrived at school, Yoona wondered what he was he doing that he didn’t come to school yet.

 

Jimin took his time splashing the cold water onto his face. He was tired lately, balancing his studies and also the dance team. He had been sleeping a lot less lately, and it had been taking a toll on his body.

 

A sudden click made him look up, not even surprised when he saw Namjoon staring back at him through the mirror with a fond smile on his face. He turned around, Namjoon handed him a towel to wipe his face.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here to see my most favourite boy in the world.”

 

Jimin rolled his eyes playfully at him and chuckled. They shared a brief hug before pulling away.

 

“Wah…look at this kid. You’ve build a lot of muscles, huh?” then Namjoon had a guilty expression. “I’m sorry I couldn’t visit you more often.”

 

Jimin just shook his head and smile. “It’s okay. I have Kookie to keep me company.”

 

Namjoon stayed silent but his hand lingered at the younger’s shoulders. “Did you remember that you’ve always wanted to go to that dance academy overseas? I’m thinking of – ”

 

“No!” Jimin said too forcefully. Namjoon was surprised by Jimin’s outburst. Jimin himself was, too. “I don’t want to go. Not now.”

 

“Jimin.” Namjoon sighed. “It’s getting dangerous these days. It’s not safe for you to be here.”

 

“Then what about you?”

 

Namjoon didn’t get to respond, as someone was banging the locked bathroom door, demanding it to open. Both of them looked at each other.

 

“Jimin, listen. I’m doing all this because I love you. I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi and Hoseok saw a few students huddled in front of a bathroom. One student was banging the door.

 

“Open this door! I need to take a , dammit!”

 

The two guys approached them, and said with an unamused tone, “Go to a different bathroom then. Maybe the janitor forgot to unlock this one.”

 

The guy in front of the door frowned, maybe using all his might not to right there.

 

“If I move another step then the janitor had to clean the whole hallway. And I definitely saw that kid Park Jimin went into this one right here.”

 

Hoseok and Yoongi shared a look. “Move.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin looked down. He knew whatever Namjoon did was for his best. But he didn’t want to leave him alone here. Namjoon had done a lot for him. And maybe Jimin didn’t want to leave because of someone else too.

 

Despite all the banging on the door, Jimin and Namjoon ignored the noise.

 

“I know you want what’s best for me. And I love you too. Because you’re my one and only – ”

 

“Jimin-ah? You in there?”

 

Jimin’s breath was suddenly stuck in his throat. It was Yoongi’s voice. If he replied, then Namjoon’s presence will be alarmed. Jimin’s distressed gaze back and forth between him and the door was enough of a hint for Namjoon to run.

 

“Jimin-ah. Are you okay? Jimin?”

 

 

 

 

 

Did something happen to Jimin inside? Yoongi and Hoseok kept worrying as the one inside the bathroom was not responding. Yoongi ran towards the door to break it at the same time Jimin opened it.

 

Yoongi couldn’t stop in time and ran into Jimin. The force sent both of them tumbling on the floor. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. Yoongi’s fast reflex enabled him to put his hand under the younger’s head to avoid any hard hit to the floor.

 

But he didn’t manage to estimate their distance. Yoongi ended up on top of Jimin, with their lips locked to perfection. Both stared at each other wide eyed, feeling each other’s soft lips.

 

Damn, his lips felt softer than it looks! Wait, what?! Snap out of it, Yoongi!

 

The blonde scrambled up in a second after the fall. Both of them had a faint blush on their cheeks. He helped Jimin up, and asked if he was okay.

 

From the corner of his eye, he saw the small window at the corner of the bathroom was opened. He gestured it to Hoseok via his eyes and brought Jimin out.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jimin, are you okay? Sorry for knocking you down, though.”

 

Jimin seemed a little bit out of it before he responded when he heard Yoongi called his name again.

 

“Oh? Oh, it’s nothing hyung.” He unconsciously darted his gaze to Yoongi’s lips for a split second.

 

“But why is the door locked, though? Did anything happen?”

 

Jimin froze. He gulped. All these didn’t go unnoticed by the elder.

 

“Uh…it did? I didn’t even notice.”

 

Jimin let out a nervous laugh. Yoongi decided to let it go and send the shorter male to his class before going back to his own. At the door of Jimin’s class, the elder stopped him.

 

“Jimin,” he looked right into his eyes, “If there’s anything, you know you could tell me, right?”

 

Jimin nodded, now couldn’t stop the blush spreading on his cheeks. Yoongi his hair a few times before walking away, ready to contact Hoseok.

 

 

 

 

 

Hoseok climbed up the sink, ignoring weird looks from the other students in the bathroom. Once he got a look at the outside, he saw a guy running away.

 

He hastily called Yoona, and both of them stormed off the school. They split up at an intersection and scanned the area for any platinum blonde-haired guy in the crowd.

 

It was difficult to search for one guy in a massive crowd. She looked left and right, but there was no trace of the gang member.

 

A car went by her side and as if destined, she looked at it and met his eyes. Namjoon was sitting at the back of the car. He smirked and gave her a wink before getting away.

 

Yoona stayed rooted at her spot. She couldn’t possibly run after the car, and she was drained from all the running she did. Her cheeks went red, which she herself wasn’t sure because of the chasing or because of the wink just now.

 

He is one hell of an attractive gang member. And has cute dimples too. Wait, Yoona what the hell?

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona walked back to school slowly after informing Hoseok. She went to the back side of the school, praying that no one was there so that she could climb on to the wall.

 

But someone was already climbing it.

 

“Kim Taehyung?”

 

Taehyung’s attempt to climb the wall jerked to a stop as he slowly turned to the voice calling his name. He sighed in relief when he realized it’s not the usual discipline teacher catching him.

 

He overslept (again) and just arrived after sprinting to school. He climbed with ease, stopping midway to help her up the wall. He jumped off first, and waited for her to do the same.

 

She didn’t expect anything, but Taehyung’s strength was unpredictable. He was able to catch her when she kind of stumbled on her way down.

 

“T-Thanks, Taehyung. I thought I’m gonna hurt myself.”

 

His hands stayed firm on her waist. He stared deep into her eyes. He brought his hand to smoothen down her hair gently.

 

“I am never, gonna let you get hurt.”

 

His hands linger for a few seconds more before he reluctantly let her go and smiled his usual boxy smile before walking away.

 

Yoona felt her heart skipped a beat. And she swore that his voice just got dropped an octave lower. They walked to class together, and Yoona felt heat rose to her cheeks along the way.

 

Wow, too much blushing in a day.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona huffed as her back was met with the softness of her bed. She just got back from ‘escorting’ Jimin and Jungkook from their dance practice.

 

The school’s dance team had practice every other day. Yoona wondered how the dancers were able to practice non-stop until near midnight.

 

Some days she would rotate the schedule with Yoongi. Although it was just a mere minutes’ walk from school to their home, it was best to be careful and protect them at all times.

 

Besides, they still didn’t know where Jungkook stood in this situation.

 

She was tired but not that sleepy yet. She kept thinking of this mission, how to make sure Jimin was safe, how to get Namjoon back to the police’s side, was that Jungkook kid a gang member or not. And her mind unconsciously drifted to the boy next door.

 

Kim Taehyung.

 

 

“I am never, gonna let you get hurt.”

 

 

She felt herself blushed and fanned her face. She kept thinking how strong Taehyung was. That one day they were playing basketball, he was there to catch her from the fall. She also had a slight peek at his abs.

 

“Arghh Min Yoona! Get your thoughts straight!”

 

How could a high schooler be that attractive?! As if his appearance was not godly enough, his voice was something else. She didn’t know a voice that deep can sound so heavenly.

 

Startled by the sound of the bell, she quietly went to the door and peeked through the peephole and voila, there’s a wild Kim Taehyung in front of her apartment.

 

She opened the door slowly, and was met with a restless Taehyung. Still in his school uniform, he kept biting his lips, a sign of nervousness.

 

“Yoona, what are you doing?”

 

“Oh? I-I was…reading. Yeah, reading.” Reading? Pffttt.

 

“Can I come in?”

 

She didn’t get to reply, as he pushed the door ajar, making his way to her and placed his lips on hers.

 

She was stunned. She was shocked. She couldn’t move. She didn’t even respond to the kiss; just feeling his lips moving against hers.

 

She finally regained her strength and pushed him away, though she didn’t want to. He tried to kiss her again but she held him with arm’s length.

 

“Taehyung! What the hell?”

 

“Yoona.” His eyes were filled with lust. “I can’t hold myself anymore. I want you.”

 

She frowned, trying her best to deny that this was happening.

 

“We can’t!”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because…You’re a high school student!”

 

“Aren’t you the same?”

 

She blanked out for a second. “Well…that’s true…” her voice trailed off with her conscience.

 

Taehyung leaned in slowly; one hand one her waist while the other gently pulling her by the nape of her neck. Met with no resistance, he pressed his lips against hers.

 

As soon at their lips met, Yoona closed her eyes and started kissing him back. Their lips moved languidly against each other and their bodies getting closer.

 

Her hands soon found themselves lost in Taehyung’s hair, the one that she wanted to touch since day one she saw him. , they’re softer than they look! She tilted her head to deepen the kiss.

 

All strength in her knees vanished; she felt herself falling but never allowed their lips to be separated. This caused them tumbling down –

 

 

THUMP!

 

 

Yoona’s eyes shot open. She blinked once. Blinked twice. She looked around in confusion, finding herself on the floor beside her bed with the blanket all tangled up with her legs.

 

Her hand automatically smacked her head a few times.

 

“Crazy Min Yoona. I’m crazy! A ert! A crazy ert!!!”

 

She dwelled in her imagination for a few minutes on the floor before she heard her doorbell rang. She grunted when she rolled up and opened the door hastily. Her eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when she saw him.

 

Kim ing Taehyung.

 

“Yoona, what are you doing?”

 

Before he could utter another word, Yoona slammed the door in his face. Sensing déjà vu, she tried to calm her rapidly beating heart, breathing in and out slowly. She managed to straighten her hair and taking out any eye boogers before opening the door again.

 

She might have increased her voice a tone higher.

 

“Oh, Taehyung. What’s up?”

 

Taehyung looked at her, from her hair to her feet, and back to meet her eyes. If Yoona was nervous, she was doing an exceptionally great job at hiding it.

 

“Aren’t you going to school?”

 

“School…? SCHOOL?!”

 

She took a glimpse at Taehyung’s watch; 7.55a.m and first period started 10 minutes ago. ! She slammed her door the second time that morning. She could hear Taehyung’s laugh from the other side of the door while she searched for her uniform, praying they’re not too stinky.

 

 

 


sorry for the late update wuwuwuwwu T^T

 

*yoona appears* "Oh, please kill her, she's too busy fangirling at other groups to care about this fic." 

 

me: what?! you, get back in the fic! *throws mouse*

 

anyways. i'm sorry. m(-.-)m