two

She's on Duty

“Okay, so today you have a new classmate.” The teacher turned to Yoona. “Introduce yourself.”

 

Yoona was nervous. It felt like high school all over again. Well, it is, technically.

 

“Hi, my name is Min Yoona. I’m from Daegu. Please take care of me.”

 

A few murmurs filled the entire class. The teacher was mumbling about how they should be friends, helping each other with homeworks, and a sudden complaint about a late student of some sort.

 

All the while Yoona scanned the whole classroom for a certain black-haired cute boy-

 

“Park Jimin! Raise up your hand, please.” The teacher spoke.

 

Huh, that was easy.

 

At the second last row just beside the window, Park Jimin, who looked exactly like in the pictures was raising his hand while slightly smiling to the teacher.

 

There was an empty seat behind him, meaning the corner seat in the class. Just like the ones back in her schooling days, that was Yoona’s seat. From her seat, she could see the whole class. A window was right beside her, so that she could look outside while daydreaming. Perfect.

 

Suddenly the front door was opened with a loud bang, startling everyone in the class.

 

“I AM NOT LATE!!!”

 

Standing at the entrance, was a guy, dressed in the school uniform. A little dishevelled; the tie was crooked, his white shirt had one side untucked, and was that his bed hair..?

 

“Glad you can join us, Kim Taehyung.”

 

With a sheepish smile, he answered, “I was not late, I swear. I was…I was…at the…bathroom! Yeah, I was at the bathroom, just down the hall.”

 

Even a 5 year-old could tell that was a lie.

 

The teacher sighed and sent him to his seat and left. Taehyung’s seat was (miraculously) right beside Yoona’s. And she, from the loud bang of the door, couldn’t close .

 

She looked with awe at the latest newcomer. Saying he was handsome was really an understatement. His flawless face consists of two large brown eyes, a perfect nose, and plump, kissable lips that Yoona didn’t mind finding out what it tastes like.

 

His unkempt, bed hair makes her want to run her fingers through them non-stop. Not to mention his hair was orange. Freaking orange.

 

Now that he finally sat, turned to Yoona and stared at her like she was an extra-terrestrial being, she thought that he had the deepest gaze ever.

 

“Now who the hell are you?”

 

If she thought that his stare was deep, his voice could drag her deeper to hell.

 

Jimin turned around with a frown. “Taehyung, don’t be rude!” he glanced at Yoona. “Sorry about him. He’s a little…straightforward. I’m Jimin, and he’s Taehyung.”

 

Jimin then explained to Taehyung about Yoona, the new student. Then the rest of the classes went like a blur. Not that Yoona was paying attention anyway.

 

“Hey, Yoona?”

 

She looked up at her name being called. Jimin was looking at her. She could tell that Taehyung was too. Now that she realized, class was over and students were going out of the class.

 

“Do you want to have lunch with us? We could show you around.”

 

Of course she agreed. She never thought being friends with Jimin was this easy. She was actually thinking her brains out during class, on how to get close to him.

 

Once they were at the cafeteria, they were lining up with their trays. After getting their food, Yoona followed the other two straight to a table, indicating that was their table. They always eat there.

 

“Yoona, we’re going to get some drinks. We’ll get yours too.”

 

She nodded and was left alone at the table. She was hesitating whether to eat first or not, but decided to wait for her ‘new’ friends. She felt like someone was standing in front of the table and when she looked up, she saw him.

 

 

 

 

 

“Now, there’s one kid I want you to pay attention to.” Seokjin changed the slides to a picture of another SOPA student. A picture of a boy with Jimin, taller than the other, similar black hair (blacker if possible), and a good physique.

 

Very, good physique. Not to mention cute, too.

 

Jeon Jungkook, 17, first year in SOPA.

 

“He lost his family two years ago in the dispute between some gangs; due to his dad was one of the traitors and spies of the other gang. He, however unbelievably survived in the so-called accident. I was about to offer him under my protection, but Namjoon took him first.”

 

Took him in?

 

Seeing the puzzled look on Yoona’s face, he explained. “He is not adopted, per se. but Namjoon is his legal Guardian. So he’s been living with Jimin ever since.”

 

“So you’re saying that this Jungkook kid may be one of Kim Namjoon’s underlings? Isn’t he too young for that?”

 

Seokjin’s gaze hardened. “Nobody’s too young for this, Yoona. Nobody.”

 

 

 

 

 

Now that Yoona was face to face with Jungkook, she observed him. He was tall for his age, even under those layers of uniform she could tell that his body was packed with muscles all over. His questioning gaze was scaring her, to be honest.

 

“Who are you?” Call Yoona weird but she thought that Jungkook’s deep voice (but Taehyung’s was way deeper) was coated with honey-

 

Wait what are you thinking? Snap out of it!

 

“Oh, Jungkook!” Yoona could hear the cheerfulness of Jimin’s voice. “This is Yoona, a new student in our class. You don’t mind her having lunch with us, do you?”

 

Breaking that scary stare, Jungkook’s eyes wandered to Jimin before looking back at her with now, widened eyes, all sense of creepiness gone but filled with…cutesy?

 

“No, of course not! Nice meeting you, sunbae!” Jungkook smiled.

 

He smiled; eyes significantly smaller with crinkles at the edges of his eyes, and a perfect, white teeth showing a cute bunny smile. And something inside of Yoona melted.

 

This kid is too cute! There’s no way he’s a gang member!

 

While talking during lunch, she figured that the three guys were very close, despite Taehyung just moved at the beginning of the year. Well, all three of them were cheerful, there was no doubt that they were friends.

 

Then something caught Jimin’s eye. “Oh, Hoseokie hyung!”

 

Hoseokie? Wait, isn’t that-

 

A male student stopped by their table to have a chat with Jimin. She looked up, and it was Hoseok.

 

“Hyung, you’re not eating with us today?”

 

Hoseok shook his head no. “I’ve got something to do. I was just buying some bread for me and Yoongi.”

 

As soon as Yoongi’s name was said, Jimin’s face reddened a bit, and the other two guys were snickering. This did not go unnoticed by Yoona. She felt like she was stared at, and she was right, by Hoseok.

 

He ruffled her hair a bit. Yoona felt her own cheeks reddened by the simple action. “Eat a lot, okay?”

 

She nodded enthusiastically (too much excitement) while smiling as wide as she can with full with her lunch. As soon as Hoseok walked away, she was met with three confusing looks by the boys.

 

“You know him?”

 

“Yeah…we used to study together.” At the police academy.

 

Hoseok, Jungkook, and Jimin were in the dance club together, and Taehyung naturally knew Hoseok too.

 

After lunch they still had some time, so the three guys brought Yoona around the school, showing her the school’s gym, art classes, auditorium and much more. Then they decided to send Jungkook to his class before going back to their own.

 

Standing right outside the first year’s class, Jungkook opened the door to walk in but frozen in the spot as there’s another girl was about to open the door from the inside. After exchanging ‘sorry’s, he stepped aside to let her through but she was frozen in her spot as well.

 

Yoona just realized that the girl was looking at her the entire time. “Yoona unnie?”

 

Her eyes widened in surprise and just wanted to answer her but the girl engulfed her in a big, bear hug. After it felt like forever, she heard her whisper.

 

“I knew you were going to come! I saw Yoongi oppa last week!”

 

They were about to talk more but Jimin said that the bell was going to ring soon so they went back to their class.

 

“Well, aren’t you famous on your first day?”

 

She chuckled seeing their amused expressions. “I knew Hoseok sunbae was here but I swear I didn’t know Halla is here too! I haven’t seen her in ages!”

 

They talked a bit more before the class started. As soon as the school finished at 4.30 in the evening, Jimin and Taehyung were heading to the arcade to play but Yoona declined, saying that she needed to tidy up her new place.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona’s new apartment was not too big, not too small. Just nice for a person living alone. It was a one room apartment, but with a small kitchen and quite spacious living room.

 

From her balcony, she could directly see that her room was right across Jimin’s house. A two-storey bungalow, complete with a lawn and a small pond. Wow…a gang is so rich that they afford this kind of houses. Even a police officer only lives in small houses.  

 

“I stay at the opposite apartment.” It was on another building, behind Jimin’s house.

 

Yoongi flopped on her bed, complaining how tired he was on this job, having to pretend to be studying.

 

“Yoongi, do you wanna have a drink? Come on, I’ll pay.”

 

Yoongi just scoffed at her with a smirk. “High schoolers can’t drink, stupid.”

 

Yoona groaned in annoyance. That night was spent on her reading about Jimin from what Yoongi had collected for the past two weeks. She leaned on the rails at her balcony while feeling up the night breeze.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

She turned to her left, surprised to see Taehyung at the balcony right beside hers.

 

“Uh…reading.”

 

“What are you reading?”

 

She couldn’t concentrate on what he was talking about. Kim handsome Taehyung was living right beside her???

 

Taehyung just came out from the showers, she thought. His orange hair was still dripping, and a small towel was draped around his shoulders. If that wasn’t explaining his shower enough, the fact that he was wearing boxer shorts that showed his y legs-

 

Stop, Yoona! Look upwards. Upwards!

 

Which does not help at all. He wore a larger-than-his-body-frame long-sleeved white sweater that had cuts at his collarbone area. Why does he can be cute and y at one time?!

 

She snapped back into reality when she heard Taehyung’s questioning hum. Then she remembered his question from earlier.

 

“Uh…Jane Austen.”

 

“Wow…classic.”

 

Call her crazy, but Yoona swore she heard fireworks and bell tolls.

 

 

 

 

 


this was wayyy more interesting in my head i swear! >o<''