eleven

She's on Duty

“Oh, you’re here.”

 

Yoona and Yoongi saluted at Seokjin in the car while he nodded back. The three of them were in the car parked in front of the airport. Looking around, there were a few officers, dressed in casual clothes walking around the entrance.

 

They went through the plan again; secure Namjoon when he was in sight. Ensure his safety.

 

“Yoongi, if Jimin shows up, he’s your responsibility. Protect him at all cost.”

 

The blonde nodded. Yoona hadn’t said anything. She just looked out of the window, unknowingly let out a heavy sigh.

 

“What’s wrong?” Seokjin asked.

 

“Am I…am I a bad friend? He trusted me with the flight info to ask for my opinion. But in the end, I… It feels like I’m betraying my friend.”

 

“And imagine how Yoongi would feel right now. Probably a thousand times worse than you, no?”

 

She turned to the said male, subtly squeezing his hand. She apologized but he just brushed it away. In their field, feelings must be set aside in order to carry out their tasks. Just then, Seokjin caught a glimpse of the awaited man.

 

“It’s him.”

 

It’s been a while since Seokjin had laid eyes on the other. Of course looking at his pictures didn’t count. He wasn’t going to admit that while going through the files for the case, his fingers would automatically hovered over his face, wishing he was touching the real thing.

 

Even after all these years, Namjoon looked good. His tall and lean figure made him looked dashing in whatever clothes he was wearing. That grey turtle neck hidden inside that long coat made Seokjin wanted to bury his face in Namjoon’s chest and tells him he ing missed him.

 

“Uncle…” he turned to Yoona who spoke, “there’s something you should know about RapMon.”

 

Seokjin was about to ask what but a sudden screeching of tyres made all three occupants of the car looked to source of the sound.

 

Two black sedans stopped right in front of Namjoon. The tall male was startled but quickly figured out something bad was about to happen. True that, men came out from the cars and headed towards him. Not wasting any time, Namjoon ran into the airport.

 

Alarmed, Seokjin was the first one who made his way out of the car, followed by the Min twins. The older was worried, not to mention nervous, if something was to happen to Namjoon. The last time was bad enough. He didn’t want to lose his trust again.

 

Seokjin didn’t want to lose him again.

 

Yoongi had stayed behind, in case Jimin was spotted anywhere. He informed Hoseok who was waiting inside about the situation and heard the line was going crazy with information through his earpiece.

 

Yoona and Seokjin ran full speed following the men that were chasing Namjoon. They were more than able to take down those men but their main priority was to get Namjoon safe. Seokjin cursed himself when he felt himself slowing down. Cursing his old age, he told the others to go while he will stand by around the airport.

 

Namjoon cursed himself not being able to foresee this state. He was sure that Bang Sihyuk couldn’t track his every movement. He made sure of it as he still had some of his trustworthy men inside the gang.

 

He barely managed to avoid a few people in his way but there were several that he collided head on. He apologized to them in his head, as getting the hell out of there was his current goal.

 

He was aware that the police were there too.

 

He may or may not recognize Seokjin’s dark brown hair.

 

Namjoon escaped to the basement, he ran as fast as his long legs can take him to the car he came with. But before he can get there, out of nowhere a few men dressed in black appeared in front of him. They were led by Bang Sihyuk’s new assistant.

 

“Hyungnim! Long time no see!” the assistant smirked.

 

! Namjoon cursed in his head. He was about to run to the opposite side but there were a few officers that just arrived at the scene; Hoseok and Yoona was among them. He turned back and forth while the gears in his mind were crazily rotating to figure out how to escape.

 

“Hyungnim, Bang-sajangnim is not happy with your doings, I’m sure you’re aware of that.”

 

“RapMon-ssi. Please come with us.” Yoona said.

 

Namjoon took a deep breath. “No, not now. I still have things to do.”

 

The men from both sides were approaching Namjoon and there was nothing he can do about it. All of a sudden a bike appeared out of nowhere and went to Namjoon’s direction in full speed. Namjoon had to step aside to avoid it.

 

The bike moved towards the police, causing them to back off from the scene a little bit. Then it sped towards the gang members, causing them to take a few steps back too. The bike was circling Namjoon, making more room for him.

 

Namjoon then got the idea and breathed out a sigh of relief. He looked towards the young officer and winked at her. Yoona was confused at first. When she saw a nod was exchanged between Namjoon and the bike rider, she quickly charged at him but it was a bit too late.

 

The rider pressed the handle at the same time pressing down the brakes of the bike. The friction between the tire and the cement floor suddenly give rise to a grey fog. Smoke filled the area and there was no ventilation underground.

 

Hoseok bravely moved forward towards the centre. He cursed when all he could see was the bike. Namjoon was gone!

 

When the rider confirmed Namjoon’s escape, he put in the gear and started to drive away. But Hoseok was faster. Despite there were several civilians, shots were fired in the rider’s direction. One of them must have hit him as he slipped off his bike and rolled on the floor.

 

The rider, despite being shot, managed to get back on his bike. Hoseok’s eyes watered at the smoke just now but he couldn’t afford to lose the rider. He was the only link to Namjoon. He lifted his gun but his aim wavered because of the civilians near the scene.

 

Hoseok was going to shoot when he felt his hands were pushed to the side.

 

“Hoseok sunbae! There were civilians! You could’ve shot them!”

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “But I didn’t, did I?”

 

“Are you crazy?! Sunbae, this is too much! You shouldn’t – ”

 

Yoona’s voice halted when she felt a gun on her temple.

 

“Shut up, kid. This is my ing case to begin with.”

 

Yoona was speechless. She was not scared, not even a little bit, but she was dumbfounded of how Hoseok was acting. He neared her, gun still aimed at her head.

 

“And I will do anything – anything – to get it done.”

 

Hoseok pushed her with the gun and started walking away. A shiver ran down her spine when Hoseok said that. He was not like this before. Where was the bubbly and warm sunshine? But yet again, this case had been for far too long, and it must be stressful for the male as he was responsible for this case since the beginning.

 

Yoona sighed, and walked away but stopped when she saw something shiny from the corner of her eyes. She turned and picked it up. It was a watch. It looked familiar.

 

Where did I see this before? Wait, isn’t this..?

 

She held the watch tightly.

 

.

 

This is Taehyung’s watch.

 

 

 

 

 

After hours of debriefing at the station, Yoongi went back to his apartment. Luckily Jimin was nowhere to be found at the airport. Yoona had said that she told Jungkook to keep Jimin in the house for today. That relieved Yoongi.

 

But he was still troubled, when his sister had asked to follow him back and not head to her own apartment. The Yoona he knew would not waste this opportunity after a long, tired day by hitting the bed and slept through the next eternity.

 

When they’ve reached his room, he went straight to the showers while she lied down on his bed. Yoongi wouldn’t usually let anyone touch his bed, but seeing how silent Yoona was throughout their way there, he let it slide.

 

Yoongi was drying out his hair, reheating whatever was left in his fridge. Yoona was still staring into nothing.

 

He sat slowly beside her, her hair. Yoona closed her eyes, thanking Yoongi in her mind for the gesture.

 

“You ready to talk?”

 

He heard her sigh. “Why? What’s wrong?”

 

“Just…don’t ask questions.” She sighed one more time. “Dig up Kim Taehyung.”

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

Yoongi didn’t remember the last time he saw Yoona this pained. He knew his little sister liked Taehyung. While a crush on Hoseok was just passing time, but he could tell she genuinely had set her eyes on the high schooler.

 

“Why him? And why not do it yourself?”

 

“I think my room has been compromised.”

 

He frowned. Yoona then went on telling him how she felt her room changed. Yoona may not been as keen and sharp as Yoongi, but she could tell if her wardrobe had been misplaced, even by a small difference.

 

“But this may take a while. Why don’t you go back, get some rest. I’ll call you the first thing in the morning, okay?”

 

She nodded weakly. She went back to her room, but stopped in front of Taehyung’s door. She knocked and rang the bell a few times but received no answer. Her hand inside her pocket grasped the watch tightly. She couldn’t turn around any faster when she heard Taehyung’s voice.

 

“Yoona?”

 

“Taehyung. Where did you go?”

 

“I went to get snacks.” He said while showing her two plastic bags.

 

She grabbed his hand and found that he wasn’t wearing anything.

 

“Where’s your watch?”

 

“Watch?” he glanced at his wrist. “I took it off before showering earlier. Why?”

 

Yoona wanted to scoff out loud. How could he lie in her face ever so calmly? She just shook her head and opened the door to her apartment. While her hand was still on the door handle, she stopped herself from walking in. she didn’t even turn to face him.

 

“Don’t lose that watch, Taehyung. It’s a precious thing to you, right?”

 

She slammed the door close. She only managed to walk a few steps before collapsing to the ground as her knees gave up. She hated this. She liked Taehyung, sincerely. She didn’t like people easily. But now if Taehyung is a gang member, she should choose.

 

And of course she could never choose him.

 

Damn it.

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung kept his poker face until he went inside his house. He barely succeeded to get to his bed with Jungkook’s help before he crashed onto it. He cursed loudly when his injured stomach made contact with his bed.

 

Jungkook helped him to take off his sweater. Blood was still seeping through the bandages. Taehyung didn’t have enough time to properly wrap his abdomen as he needed to make an alibi because he knew, he ing knew that Yoona will be onto him. He knew it when he realized his watch was no longer on his wrist when he got back from the airport.

 

“Are you okay, hyung?”

 

Taehyung flinched when he heard that question. He knew Jungkook wasn’t just asking about the wound. He could see the double meaning through his ask. And honestly, he didn’t know.

 

“Just…take out the bullet, Jungkook.”

 

It pained the younger to see his hyung like this. Of course Jungkook knew who Taehyung really is. Namjoon introduced them from the beginning. It didn’t take long for them to get close, despite their age difference.

 

Taehyung closed his eyes, frowning harder than ever. Was it because of the gun wound? Or was it because of his next-door neighbour? Jungkook would never know.

 

 

 

 

 

It was P.E day. All students were crowding the gym; some played volleyball, some played soccer, while mostly others were chilling on the bleachers. It was raining, thus the gloomy mood.

 

Hoseok was absent today, for whatever reason. The boys were playing basketball as usual when Yoongi decided he wanted to take a break. Jimin and Jungkook followed suit leaving Taehyung alone on the court.

 

“Taehyung, have a one-on-one with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

“So I’ve been looking. And Taehyung…he’s not your average student.”

 

Yoona wanted to scoff at the obvious information Yoongi just relayed. She waited patiently for him to explain.

 

“Kim Taehyung was listed dead in a car accident 13 years ago along with his parents. He disappeared to Japan with RapMon’s help but got back here a few years ago.”

 

The bell rang and Yoona stuffed the papers about Taehyung back in the envelope.

 

“Yoongi, don’t tell anyone about this.”

 

“What are you going to do about it?”

 

Yoona just walked away, leaving Yoongi worried; for both his sister and Taehyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of them turned to Yoona who just arrived. Her face was stern, no hint of a smile at all. Jungkook immediately went to her side, nervous as ever.

 

“Noona, listen. Taehyung hyung isn’t – ”

 

Yoongi held Jungkook’s arm and shook his head at him. They shared an eye contact; a silent agreement was achieved between the two when Jungkook backed off.

 

Let them settle this by themselves.

 

Confused Jimin was dragged away by Yoongi and Jungkook. Only two of them were on the basketball court. Taehyung stared deep into her eyes while she stared back. None of them willing to look away but Taehyung did, eventually.

 

Yoona was on the defense while Taehyung was on offense. They checked the ball once, then Taehyung dribbled the ball but he didn’t get to go pass her as she harshly tapped the ball and took it away from him. In a blink of an eye, Yoona already scored.

 

Taehyung scoffed but smirked afterwards. He pulled his sleeves upwards. If this how she wants it, then…

 

They changed positions, but Yoona had a hard time going pass Taehyung as she was guarded heavily.

 

“Who the are you, Kim Taehyung?”

 

“Isn’t that a question that I should ask you too?”

 

She cursed and pushed him away to do a layup towards the basket. They checked the ball again. This time Yoona didn’t even gave him a chance to score.

 

“I have your ing precious watch, you liar.”

 

He quirked his eyebrows. “Now why do you have my watch, Officer Min?”

 

She gasped. Her attention shifted to what he just said that she didn’t realize he scored. She forgot about the game already when she charged at him, causing him to tumble down with her straddling his waist.

 

“Are you Bang Sihyuk’s men? Or RapMon’s?”

 

He scoffed. “Does it even matter?”

 

Yoona’s eyes watered but she blinks them away rapidly. She didn’t want to show her enemy that she was weak. Weak for him.

 

“The police are going to take Jimin under our custody.” She stood up, not even looking at him. “I suggest you leave. Take Jungkook with you, too. Please.

 

She whispered her plea. She didn’t want to be the one that caught Taehyung. How are you going to hand in your crush to the police? Taheyung sighed out loud when the bell rang. He laid on the gym floor, not moving even after Jungkook came to get him.

 

 

 


it this too late of an update? *bows apologetically*

hmmm tae :'(