three

She's on Duty

Yoona got through her first day with ease. Although it was a bit overwhelming, she liked it. Meeting everyone that she had not met for a while; Hoseok and Halla.

 

Hoseok was a year older than Yoona. They met at the police academy, when Yoona was just enrolling while Hoseok was one of the junior cadets conducting the academy she was in. Yoona had a crush on him, which only Yoongi knows.

 

Yoona knew Halla back in Daegu. Halla’s dad was one of many police lieutenants down in Daegu. He was the one that dealt with Yoona’s case. Halla moved to Seoul when Yoona was in high school and they didn’t contact each other ever since.

 

Every morning Yoona would walk to school alone. Never had she had a chance to bump with Taehyung or Jimin. She tried knocking on Taehyung’s door but there was no answer. Whenever she got to class, Jimin will already at his seat, and Taehyung will arrive a few seconds before the bell ring.

 

Taehyung was panting at his seat, slowly removing his bag to place it at the back of his chair. He was obviously late again, and Yoona wondered if one day she could comb his (attractively cute) orange bed hair.

 

“You made it today, Tae.” Jimin grinned at his friend.

 

Taehyung was still mumbling how he was hungry that he skipped breakfast because he was late. He however thanked Yoona. Because of her knocking on his door, he woke up and managed to get to school on time.

 

Jimin didn’t know what his friend was up to at nights. His guess was Taehyung played a lot of games and read a lot of mangas.

 

The 3rd until 5th period today was PE classes. The unique thing about PE class in this school was that all three years were combined in this class. That was why Jimin and Taehyung were ecstatic to play sports with their friends, especially with Jungkook.

 

Yoona met up with Halla at the gym and chatted away. The school’s gym was huge, so freakingly huge that it surprised Yoona. Several badminton courts, two basketball courts, two volleyball courts. All in one venue.

 

She was sitting on the bleachers with the younger, catching up with each other. Halla was in the school’s girls dance team. From there, Yoona found out that the dance team, both male and female had practice several times per week. And she’s know that Jimin and Jungkook will always walk back home together.

 

So basically this Jungkook kid is kind of Jimin’s ? Is he his bodyguard? But he’s so young. Hmmm… I could ask for her help sometime. Her eyes scanned the gym, looking for several people in her mind.

 

Right in front of them was the basketball courts. One of the half-courts was occupied by the people Yoona expected to be there; Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, and another student that she didn’t know.

 

They were playing there on three, but after some time, that one student was called by the teacher so they stopped playing and was having a discussion.

 

“Yoona!”

 

She looked at Hoseok who was waving at her, expecting her to come to him. She went to them, not missing Yoongi’s disbelief look.

 

“What? Hoseok, it’s not fair! She can’t play with us!”

 

Hoseok ignored Yoongi’s whine and ask Yoona to play in his team.

 

“Well, in that case, he’s mine.” Yoongi put his hand around Jimin, which did not fail to make the younger blush. Taehyung in Yoongi’s team and Jungkook in Hoseok’s.

 

Yoona was tying up her hair in high ponytail while smirking at Yoongi that returned her smirk with narrowed eyes. He then turned to his teammates.

 

“Okay, guys. Be careful around her.”

 

It would be a lie saying Jimin was not jealous of the extra attention that Yoongi gave Yoona, but he tried not to show it. Taehyung chuckled. “Don’t worry, hyung. We’ll go soft on her, since she’s a girl.”

 

Yoongi sighed and shook his head. “No, I mean…in the court, she’s a monster. A good one.”

 

He didn’t get to elaborate as Hoseok called them out and soon the game started.

 

Yoona didn’t play much; she was just passing the ball to her teammates, while Hoseok and Jungkook were the ones scoring. Yoongi with his swift moves also shoot a couple of goals. He was not named ‘shooting guard’ for nothing.

 

Taehyung and Jimin played okay, since both of them enjoyed playing basketball. Jimin used his small figure to slip between the defences and passed the ball to Taehyung who scored.

 

Actually, it had been Yoona’s style to first observe the others’ way of playing. Within the short minute, she could identify that, one; Jimin can never do layup because of his height and tend to shoot only under basket while two; Taehyung can only shoot from the left side of the court.

 

For Yoongi…of course she knew how he played. It was him who she trained with after all. Yoongi and Yoona started playing basketball ever since they knew how to walk. Their parents loved the sport, automatically making them a big fan as well.

 

Yoona suddenly moved fast to jump in front of Jimin and managed to block his shoot attempt. Surprising the shooter, Jimin couldn’t take back the ball and Yoona quickly dribbled towards the basket and scored a point.

 

They didn’t seem to recover from the shock when Yoona easily followed Taehyung around the court, making Taehyung unable to pass the ball to any of his teammates.

 

He realized that Yoongi was guarded by Hoseok, and there was no way he could pass the ball to Jimin as he was shielded by the tall maknae. As he didn’t focus on his own opponent, Yoona tapped the ball out of his hands and easily made the shoot.

 

All of them were panting from the game. Yoona smiled brightly, a long time has passed has she was able to play like this. She was busy with her police works.

 

They were waiting for Jungkook to fetch the ball that rolled a bit far, when Yoona felt someone beside her.

 

“Hey, you’re good. I didn’t expect that.” Jimin commented.

 

She looked at him and damn, although sweaty and all, Jimin looked good. Wearing sleeveless showed his chiselled arms perfectly. Why this kid has a great body? He’s only in high school!

 

“I’ve been playing with Yoongi for quite some time.” she answered. She missed the questioning look on Jimin’s face as she turned her head away.

 

And trying to look elsewhere before she was caught staring was the biggest mistake of her life. Her gaze fell on Taehyung, who was currently lifting his shirt to wipe his sweat on his forehead. His lifted shirt gave her a preview of his body.

 

Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion for Yoona, because she saw a glimpse of his abs. That kid has abs? Why is everyone so fit around here??

 

Luckily she was saved from having any more (dirty) thoughts as they continued playing. It seemed that she totally forgot about the other player of the opposite team.

 

Yoongi had picked up his pace, seeing that Yoona had played more aggressive. Instead of guarding Hoseok, Yoongi had focused on Yoona, following her every move.

 

She, on the other hand, had her smirk all the time seeing her blonde brother was targeting her. He managed to block some of her moves but so did she. Even his fake was clearly readable by her.

 

It was 30 minutes until the next period that they decided to play the last ball. It was Yoongi’s turn to offend but Yoona was making sure he couldn’t shoot. But she was surprised that he passed the ball to Jimin.

 

The shorter male was free and quickly made his way to the basket, alarming Yoona. She was so focused in chasing Jimin. It was too late to stop, when she saw Yoongi right in front of her, standing his ground.

 

Yoona couldn’t stop herself into bumping Yoongi, and the force caused her to fall backwards. But before her bum could hit the ground, Taehyung managed to catch her in time, but still they fell.

 

As Yoona opened her eyes, the first sight she had was a sweaty, panting, handsome Taehyung below her, and she was lying right on top of him.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

She felt his breath right on her face as their faces were only inches apart. She quickly got off him, while Jungkook helped Taehyung up.

 

She turned to her smirking brother, scoffing. Yoongi shrugged in response. She smacked his right arm and he hissed. “That’s for screening me.”

 

He was about to smack her back but Hoseok dragged him away, scolding how childish they were acting. She playfully stuck out her tongue at him, knowing that Hoseok was on her side.

 

The interaction was observed by the three best friends, and they couldn’t help but to feel weird by it.

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin and Jungkook were on their way back from dance practice. They were discussing on their new routine, when Jungkook felt that they were followed. It was a sudden movement; the younger turned around and grabbed the hand of a person trailing them, ready to attack. Then a girly shriek was heard.

 

A girly…shriek?

 

Jungkook then tried to look properly, and realized that it was his classmate, which was also one of the girl’s dance team members, Halla.

 

“What the – Jungkook!”

 

Both of them looked at the ground. Halla pouted as the ice cream that she bought at the food truck in front of their school was now melting away on the ground. Blushing, Jungkook let her hand go and apologized while stuttering.

 

“I’m so sorry, Halla. But…didn’t your father usually pick you up?”

 

“He can’t today. That’s why I’m walking to the bus stop.”

 

They continued walking together. Jungkook tried to apologize again but Halla just brushed him off, saying that it’s okay. Jimin just smiled throughout the scene and decided to help him.

 

“Well, Jungkook. You should buy her another one then.”

 

Saying this, both the first years blushed madly, Halla tried to refuse but couldn’t, when she saw Jungkook’s face.

 

“I’ll buy you a new one…I will.” He stuttered but was determined to do so, so Halla just thanked him. They continued walking while Halla was already on the bus back home. She pulled out her phone and texted.

 

Halla: Unnie, you owe me an ice cream! I was scared back there!

 

Yoona unnie: Why would I do that? That cutie Jungkook wants to buy you some. And besides, don’t tell me you’re not happy talking to him. :p

 

Halla: Well, okay, I thank you for that. I don’t know how I’m helping you by doing this though.

 

Yoona just wanted to confirm whether she had to be worried about Jungkook in this mission, or Jungkook was just as harmless as he looked like. To be honest, Yoona still didn’t know.

 

 

 

 


oh dear i am soooo sorry for not updating for nearly a month..? pls don't kill me :p

sorry it's a short chapter! enjoy~ ^^

 

ps did anyone watched the run bts ep where yoongi is a police officer? istg i just agsdljwyiblgdglwy lol