fifteen

She's on Duty

Yoongi opened his eyes in a startled manner. His breathing was heavy and he was sweating a bit, too. He looked around and noticed that he was still at the hospital. A deep sigh escaped his lips. He took a few minutes to calm himself down from the nightmares.

 

He was disappointed in himself that he let his guard down. He let himself being attacked; stabbed twice by the criminal he knew he hated all along. He had a hunch that Hoseok was acting way too weird; how he had been obsessing too much on this case.

 

But more importantly, because of that, he couldn’t be there for Yoona. It was when she needed him the most. His only family left. He was supposed to protect her. That was what he promised himself years ago, when they were left alone in this world.

 

It was only five days after the incident, and he would never forgive himself for that.

 

He let out another sigh before getting up. The doctor advised him not to move around so much. Usually that advice was one thing that he loved the most, but how could he stay put, when all the guilt was eating him inside?

 

He walked down the corridor to another room. He nodded to the officer in front of the door and let himself in. Inside, there was his twin, lying in bed, eyes still closed with her chest heaving up and down steadily.

 

His heart ached every time he saw this. They’ve removed the breathing machine from her. Which is good, meaning she was stable enough to breathe by herself. But not stable enough to wake up.

 

“Wake up, you little .” He said softly while re-arranging her hair. “You’re not going to meet mom and dad before I do. So wake up, please.”

 

His fingers stopped moving when he saw her eyebrows twitched. Her eyes started to open seconds later, making Yoongi panicking over nothing. He started to shout ‘Doctor! Doctor!’ and frantically pressing the call button beside the bed.

 

Then a few doctors and nurses came rushing into the room. He had to back away from the bed, watching the staff poking and prodding his little sister. Yoona was definitely up after all the hustle, and after she was given water to drink, the doctors were asking a few questions about how she was feeling.

 

After the left, then Yoona just realized the other person in the room.

 

“Oh my god! Min Yoongi! Are you okay?”

 

He couldn’t help but scoffed. “Am I okay? Are you even sane to be asking me that question??”

 

He strided across the room just to pull her into a hug.

 

“I almost lost you.”

 

Yoongi’s voice was so soft but Yoona could hear every word. She smile against his chest and tried her best to lift her hands to hug him back. They were about to have their rare twin moment but was interrupted with the door opening with a loud bang.

 

“Yoona!”

 

The twins pulled away from their hug to see Seokjin at the door, looking dishevelled as if he ran from the station as soon as he got the call. Well…technically he drove from there but, same thing. He hugged her while sobbing, all the while wailing about how he was sorry he came late, how he couldn’t prevent this thing from happening.

 

The twins smiled at their uncle. Oh, how precious he is.

 

He pulled away just to glare at the male twin. “The same goes with you!” he pulled the startled Yoongi into his arms and hugged them both.

 

“Scare me like that one more time and I will personally send you two to hell.”

 

All three of the laughed at that. They talked some more afterwards, about what happened to the gang. Bang Sihyuk was caught. Luckily Yoona handcuffed him to the pipe, not giving him any chance to escape. Hoseok will go on a trial, but they need to have the twins as witness.

 

“Can you do it?”

 

Both guys in the room looked at her with soft gazes. It warmed her heart, knowing they thought of her first, whether she was okay on facing that son of a again. Yoona nodded with a smile. But it soon disappeared at the thought of one person.

 

“Uncle Seokjin.” He hummed in response.

 

“What about…uh…”

 

Seojin knew what she was talking about. Or specifically…who.

 

 

 

 

 

Seokjin ran all his might, calling his niece’s name. He saw Namjoon at the centre, but couldn’t talk much as Jungkook said that there was a sound of a gunshot at the back. He only managed to meet Namjoon’s eyes. Somehow the younger’s gaze telling him to go and check it.

 

“Over here!”

 

He followed the deep voice along the hallway at the back of the factory. His steps faltered a bit when he saw Taehyung cradling Yoona on his lap. He was crying his eyes out. Seokjin looked around, to find Bang Sihyuk and Hoseok on the floor. But first thing first, he went to Yoona’s side.

 

His niece was lying in her own pool of blood. She was not moving, not breathing. Alarmed, Seokjin took her hand in his; put his index and middle finger on where her pulse should be. His heart almost stopped when he felt…nothing. No blood coursing through the vessels, not even a twitch. He reached for his walkie-talkie at his back pocket and shouted for medics through it.

 

The moment he turned around, there was only Yoona left lying on the floor. He turned left and right, but Taehyung was nowhere to be seen.

 

 

 

 

 

She sighed softly. “Good.”

 

Yoongi frowned. “How is that good? He ing left you!”

 

“Because I told him to.” She looked at him with tears in her eyes. “Regardless of which side he was in, he’s still working for a gang. Meaning, he’s a criminal. Meaning, if he was caught-”

 

“He’ll go straight into jail.” Seokjin finished off that sentence for her. She nodded solemnly. Silence filled the room. But not for long. The door opened following a knock. A bunny-looking boy popped in his head through the cracks.

 

“Am I interrupting?”

 

Jungkook’s presence brought a smile to their faces. Yoongi signalled him to come in.

 

“I heard you were awake so I wanted to see you.”

 

Yoona’s smile just got wider. “Awwwhhh you were worried about me?”

 

Jungkook blushed and were muttering something along the lines of ‘I wasn’t worried, just checking if you’re still alive or not’. All of them (minus Jungkook) had a softened expression when looking at him. Yoongi ruffled his hair, making him blush more.

 

Tuning out the two bickering over nothing, Yoona turned to Seokjin.

 

“Uncle, how’s RapMon? Is he okay?”

 

The elder just shrugged.

 

“Don’t tell me…you haven’t talk to him??”

 

Seokjin bit his bottom lip with a guilty expression all over his face. He was scared to face Namjoon. After all these years, what he was going to say? Although he waited all these years to see him again, he didn’t know what to do when this moment actually came.

 

He was snapped out of his inner turmoil when Yoona held his hand. She gave him a supporting squeeze and a meaningful gaze. He nodded after contemplating a bit. Without a word, he walked out the door.

 

“Where’s he going?”

 

With a smile, Yoona answered, “To his love life.”

 

The three youngsters chuckled. Then the door opened again. This time, Jimin walked in.

 

“Yoona! I heard you woke…”

 

His voice trailed off when he saw Yoongi standing her bedside. They locked eyes with each other, but Yoongi quickly broke the eye contact.

 

“Oh, Jimin-ah. Come on in.”

 

He walked in slowly. His steps were calculated, as if the floor was breaking apart. Suddenly he stopped as Yoongi abruptly stood up.

 

“I’m going back to my room.”

 

He walked past Jimin, making sure they’re not in the same vicinity. He didn’t want to talk to Jimin. He was afraid, afraid that the younger couldn’t forgive him. He lied to him, where his friends were everything to him at that age. Yoongi should’ve known better, but he wouldn’t let these things interfere with his work.

 

 

 

 

Truthfully, the first time Yoongi laid eyes on Jimin was when he tag along with Hoseok to the dance practice, just so that Jimin knew him as ‘Hoseok’s friend’. But Yoongi couldn’t get Jimin out of his mind when he saw the black-haired boy dance. His movements were perfect; so much elegance in a move but also with power.

 

Jimin’s concentrating look was enough to make him attracted, but the younger’s eye-smile and pure look made Yoongi fell in love with him. Although he gotta admit that sometimes Jimin looked like the female comedian Jung Juri when he laughed.

 

But it’s all over now. They haven’t even started anything yet, but Yoongi already let Jimin down. Jimin couldn’t possibly believe anything he says. Even when everything he said to Jimin is (partially) true. His feelings were the absolute truth. But as brave as he can be, Yoongi was also a coward.

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin took Yoongi’s place a few seconds ago, right beside Yoona’s bed. They talked about how she was feeling, how he was faring. They didn’t talk for long, as one of the nurses came in to bring her lunch. Yoona smiles at the banana pudding on her tray, picked it up and gave it to Jimin.

 

“It’s Yoongi’s favourite.”

 

Jimin smiled gratefully. He stormed out, most probably going after Yoongi. Then Yoona turned to the youngest, who was not-so-subtly eyeing her lunch.

 

“Yah, punk.”

 

Jungkook blinked away and blushed when she was staring at him. She handed him the spoon, gesturing him to eat.

 

“You’re not eating?” he asked with his mouth full.

 

Yoona chuckled. She sighed while looking out the window. “I have no appetite.”

 

Jungkook’s munching slowed down to a stop. He swallowed his food forcefully.

 

“You know, Taehyungie hyung – ”

 

“Stop right there, Jungkookie.” She sighed for the nth time since she woke up. “I was the one that told him to leave. No news means good news, right?”

 

Jungkook nodded solemnly. He resumed eating, leaving Yoona to her own thoughts.

 

Are you even alive, Kim Taehyung? Please be.

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin pushed the door ajar, it wasn’t closed at the first place. He saw Yoongi, laid on the bed with his earphones on and his eyes closed. It looked like he didn’t know Jimin was there. The younger wish to stay like that forever, with him looking at the blonde like that from afar.

 

Truthfully, Jimin did felt betrayed. But only a little. He thought he got new friends, besides Taehyung and Jungkook, besides anyone that had anything to do with Namjoon. To know that they were ‘friends’ just to get to Namjoon broke his heart.

 

More when he already surrendered his heart to Yoongi.

 

The first time he saw the blonde was when Hoseok (that son of a ) brought him to a dance practice. There was something that hooked him to Yoongi. Maybe it was his cold stare? Or maybe their height was similar? Or maybe his husky voice?

 

But Jimin knew deep inside, that Yoongi didn’t lie about his feelings. He heard this from Yoona too. And how Yoongi subtly took care of him touched him too. He knew Yoongi was the one behind those extra water bottles and towels beside his duffle bag after every dance practice he had.

 

Jimin saw Yoongi’s lunch tray next to his bed. The meal was untouched, except for the empty pudding container. He knocked on the door a little bit louder so that Yoongi heard it. He did, and frantically sat up.

 

Jimin walked closer to him and he looked everywhere besides at the approaching male. He was surprised when he saw the pudding he placed right beside him. He looked at the black-haired boy.

 

“Yoona said that you liked this…so…”

 

The way Jimin was fiddling with his fingers got Yoongi screaming cute in his mind but he did a great job concealing it with his blur face. The silence surrounding them was awkward.

 

“Hyung, I wanted to say that – ”

 

“Jimin-ah, I’m sorry!”

 

The younger was a bit startled with Yoongi’s sudden outburst.

 

“I…I didn’t mean to lie to you. At first, yes, all I wanted was to do my job, and get outta here. But I didn’t expect to fall in love with you. Now all I wanted to do was to protect you. I’m sorry that I – ”

 

Jimin didn’t register anything else inside his head after the word ‘love’. Yoongi kept on rambling about how he was sorry, but Jimin already had a stupid smile on his face. He sat beside Yoongi on his bed, effectively shutting him up.

 

“…what?” he asked nervously.

 

“Hyung…” Jimin took his hand. “It’s okay. I know…besides, I overreacted too.”

 

Yoongi’s heart melted at Jimin’s breathtaking smile. They ended up intertwining their hands. And also shared that banana pudding.

 

 

 

 

 

Seokjin carefully knocked on Namjoon’s door. He heard a muffled who is it through the door and said his name as a reply. He then heard something that resembled a squeal (?) and the sound of something made of plastic dropped on the floor, followed by a curse.

 

He opened the door slowly. He almost laughed at the sight; Namjoon’s hands were everywhere, a plastic mug was on the floor and water was all over it. Some got on his hospital gown, too. Seokjin cleaned that up, trying to ignore the stare he got from his ex.

 

“Hyung.”

 

Seokjin’s heart stopped a few beats. He never knew he missed hearing that in person. He almost cried that moment, but he closed his eyes, took a few deep breaths and finally got the strength to look at Namjoon.

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

The younger shrugged. “It’s fine. I’m used to this.”

 

Oh, how his heart broke when he heard that. Used to this?? How did he live his life if this was normal? He had to hold himself back from reaching out to touch the younger, to tell him how much he ing missed him.

 

“Hyung…I think it’s about time we talk. I owe you some explanation.”

 

Just as Namjoon wanted to talk, the door opened.

 

“Joonie! I brought your favourite dukbokki!!”

 

Seokjin turned around, and there she was; the girl at the bus stop back then.

 

 

 

 

 


this was too late, and i'm soooooooooooooooooo sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 

pls don't kill me >o<

just started working few months ago and having troubles catching up with the hectic environment~~ sorry again!