nine

She's on Duty

Yoona barely got to put her phone inside her pocket after she hastily called Yoongi to come. Seeing Jimin plopped to the floor caused a sudden rush of adrenaline inside her blood. There were only two guys present; one who made Jimin fainted and the other just came out from a nearby car.

 

Unable to wait anymore, Yoona came out from the shadows and kicked one of the guys, sending him tumbling from his spot. This alarmed the other guy who was picking Jimin up to be put into the car. Guy 1 left Jimin and managed to twist Yoona’s hand to her back. She hissed in pain.

 

Guy 2 came to their side and punched her in the gut, sending her to the floor. That punch caused all air to escape from her lungs. Both guys quickly grabbing Jimin but Yoona was faster. She caught one of their legs and pulled them so that they fell down.

 

She stood up but Guy 2 was suddenly in front of her and punched her face. Yoona’s mask went flying to the ground. There was blood on her side lips. She spit them out in shock.

 

“My face? You punched my ing face?? Ain’t nobody telling you that you shouldn’t punch a girl’s face??!”

 

Yoona was pissed as hell right now. With her strength that came along with her annoyance, she kicked the guy in front of him right in the groin. She tsked when it was not the guy that punched her.

 

She looked at him in distaste. “How am I supposed to go to school with this face now?!”

 

She heard something tumbling behind her. There Yoongi was, pinning the other guy on the floor.

 

“And you! What took you so long?!”

 

As Yoongi struggled to keep him down, he huffed. “I was asleep, okay? You know how I – ”

 

His words were left hanging when he saw blood smeared on her lips with a bruise that only started to swell on her left cheek. She caught her brother’s gaze and immediately pouted. She pointed to the guy Yoongi was on, and whined childishly.

 

“What?!” he turned to the guy under him. “Oh no, you didn’t!” he punched his face a few times; his cheek, his brow, and ended it with a punch squared on his jaw. The guy was half conscious when Yoongi pulled him near.

 

“Only I, the great genius Min Yoongi that can punch that lil ’s face, okay?”

 

Yoona scoffed as she heard that. She went to Jimin to see whether he was injured or not. She barely heard Yoongi shouted at her, telling her to be careful. She turned around and was met with a stick aimed at her.

 

Her fast reflex saved her when she raised her right arm to block it but it still hurt like hell. She delivered a turning kick at his abdomen and kicked him once again at his chest. She fell on the sidewalk from the recoil.

 

Guy 2 somehow managed to get Yoongi off him. He dragged the other guy to their car, started the engine and quickly drove off. Yoona wanted to ran after them but fell back on the ground. She felt million jolts from her hand when she tried to push herself up.

 

! She cursed under her breath.

 

“You okay?”

 

She didn’t even get to nod, as both of them were startled by Jimin groaning from their side. Yoongi gestured for her to get out of there. Jimin was waking up, blinking his eyes.

 

“Yoongi hyung?”

 

Yoongi finally got himself together and helped the younger to sit properly at the sidewalk.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing here?”

 

Being a self-proclaimed genius, Yoongi came up with a line. “No, Jimin-ah. What are you doing here? I saw you were unconscious on the ground. Don’t you know how worried I was?”

 

Jimin blinked a few times, must be dizzy from the ‘nap’ he just had. He was sure that someone was holding him before he ‘slept’. He seemed to believe his lie. He suddenly blushed when Yoongi pulled him up. They started walking. Naturally, Yoongi was going to send him home.

 

“Hyung, you don’t have to do this. You must be tired.”

 

Yoongi smirked. “And what? Watch you fell asleep one more time somewhere along the road?”

 

They chuckled, then fell into a comfortable silence. Jimin felt like he was walking over flowers, for that he was walking with his crush. On the other hand, Yoongi hoped that the road never ends.

 

They had reached Jimin’s home. Before heading in, Jimin felt like his heart stopped when Yoongi adjusted his backpack for him, even zipped up his hoodie higher to keep him warm. Jimin blushed, muttering a soft thanks to the older.

 

“Jimin, do you want me to walk you back every day? I-I mean, so that you don’t fall asleep at random places you know…”

 

Through the blush on his face, Jimin thought he saw Yoongi was also sporting red cheeks, but the colour vanished as fast as it appeared. As much as he wanted to do so; walking with Yoongi under the stars at night, he couldn’t possibly cause any more trouble to him.

 

Besides, being with Yoongi alone would make his heart exploded into tiny bits.

 

“Nah, it’s okay hyung. It’s just that Jungkookie has to stay with Hoseokie hyung to make new dance routines. I would’ve stayed too, but I’m too tired.”

 

“If anything happens, you know you can always call me, alright Jiminnie?”

 

Jimin didn’t know how many times he blushed that night. And the fact that Yoongi called his name with such affection made his heart leapt to the moon and back.

 

They exchanged goodbyes and goodnights before Yoongi walked back to his apartment.

 

Little that he knew, someone was watching him from behind the shadows.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona went to school late the next morning. She had trouble putting on her blazer. Her hand was hurting, colourful bruises were starting to bloom around her wrist and also near her upper lip.

 

She walked into her class, receiving weird and concerned looks from her classmates, especially Jimin and Taehyung as she was wearing a black mask over her face.

 

“Yoona, what happened? Did you catch a cold?”

 

She let out a fake cough from inside her mask. She shrugged and sat down. Just moments after the class started, she heard Taehyung.

 

“Hey, you okay? Don’t you need to rest?”

 

She turned to look at him. Taehyung’s gaze was genuinely concerned; she swore her heart skipped a few beats. She just nodded and went back to the lesson. Though she could still felt him staring at her.

 

 

 

 

 

The bell rang indicating lunch. Yoongi sent her a text to meet up at the back of the school near the tracks. As soon as she stood up, a hand grabbed her injured wrist. She hissed, but remain calm even though she wanted to pull her hand away from his hand (she felt him tightening his grip for a second).

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I just gonna head to the nurse’s office to sleep. I’ll be fine.”

 

Taehyung reluctantly released her wrist, not before caressing it for a while. She heard Jimin’s call us if you need anything! before she went to her designated place. She bumped into Yoongi on the way there.

 

“I bet you didn’t do anything to treat those bruises, right?”

 

Even though she was wearing a mask, Yoongi sensed that she was pouting.

 

They settled down at the end of the back building. Yoongi brought a plastic bag full of plasters, ointments, bandages and whatnot, which Yoona never paid attention to. It was always Yoongi who was in charge of these things.

 

Ever since they were little, whenever Yoona came back from playing, her palms and knees were always covered in scrapes and wounds. Yoongi would always clean her up without asking anything. He will always take care of her.

 

“I’ll go get us some lunch okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi was waiting in line to buy some sandwiches for him and Yoona when Jimin spotted him. They talked for a while; mostly Jimin blushing at whatever the older was saying.

 

“You’re not going to eat with us today, hyung?”

 

He was going to refuse, but couldn’t possibly do that when he saw a pout that was starting to form on Jimin’s lips. So he sat down and ate his bread while talking to the younger. Halfway through his lunch, he realized that their usual table was missing one person.

 

“Hey, where’s Jungkook?”

 

Taehyung gave a questioning hum before looking around. “Oh, I didn’t even realize that he wasn’t with us.”

 

Yoongi’s jaw tightened for a moment before he abruptly stood up and left the cafeteria, leaving the others confused.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona poured something, an antiseptic she believed, on the edge of her lips. She winced when the lotion seeped into her wound. She rummaged into the bag for something for her wrist. She didn’t bother to look up when she felt someone was standing in front of her.

 

“Yoongs! You know I don’t know how these things work. You should’ve helped – ”

 

She couldn’t finish her sentence, as the shoes in front of her were not Yoongi’s usual black Jordans, but a pair of Timbaland boots. She couldn’t look up any faster, and her gaze was met with a pair of black eyes, staring at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


we all know whose timbaland boots is that yea? *wiggle eyebrows*

i'm sorry it's a bit short, but enjoy it nonetheless!

andddd congrats bangtan for winning at the bbma!!!!! <3 <3 <3