I Love You, Okay?

11:11

We headed down to the cafeteria to eat lunch. While lining up to buy the food, Jessica, my best friend, nudged me.

“What’s up?” I asked while scanning the food in front of me. What should I eat? Let’s see, there’s chicken, beef, eels, fish, hotdo-- Wait. Eels?! OMG! That’s my favorite!

“Eels for me please!” I said while eyeing my favorite food.

“Tiff! Are you listening to me?” Jessica said, getting mad at me for not paying attention to her.

“What? You were talking to me?” As soon as those words came out of my mouth, I instantly received a slap on the arm from Jessica.

“Hey! That hurts.” I pouted, rubbing the spot she spanked. I honestly didn’t notice that she was talking to me. “I’m sorry! I got distracted by the eels.”

I got my tray of food and walked to the table with Jessica beside me.

“So what were you saying?” I asked, giving her 100 percent of my attention.

“I was talking about how you confessed to our new teacher!”

“Oh, that. What about it?” I asked her, taking a bite of my food.

“What do you mean, ‘what about it?’?! Are you serious? You like her already?” She looks like she’s gonna panic. What’s the big deal?

“Aniya. I just wanted to give her something to think about. But I do think she’s interesting. The way she carries herself is attractive. Something in her just drew me in, you know?” I paused for a while before saying, “Actually now that I think of it, I am kind of in to her.”

She just rolled her eyes at me and said, “You’re crazy.”

“You don’t get it because you’re straight.” I said, sticking out my tongue out at her.

“ over chicks, baby.” She said, winking at me.

“Ugh. That’s disgusting. Don’t ever do that to me again.” I said, shooing off her face.

“Hey, girls! What do you think of Ms. Kim?” Amber asked, appearing out of nowhere.

“I think she’s okay. But this girl,” Jessica said, putting her arm around me, “likes our new songsaengnim.”

“Ahh. I guess I have a rival.” Amber said, smiling at me.

I laughed, “A friendly rivalry it is, then.” I said, shaking her hand.

“Ayt. See you around, Tiff and Jess. Peace!” We waved at her and watched her leave.

“You’re close friends with Amber, right?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah. This is nothing. It’s all good. This won’t affect our friendship, don’t worry.” I said, smiling at her.

“Taeyeon-ah! What do you want to eat?” My head snapped to where I heard someone calling Taeyeon’s name. She just entered the cafeteria.

“I’ll have chicken please. I’ll get us a table, Sunny-ah.” She said, scanning the empty tables.

“Ms. Kim! Sit with us?” I immediately asked, grinning at her from ear to ear. I hope she says yes.

“Sure! Is it okay for you, Sunny?” She looked at Ms. Sunny, waiting for her approval.

“Yeah! Go ahead!” She said while getting their food.

I patted the seat next to me and she actually sat beside me. I got a whiff of her scent when she sat down. Oh.My.Gosh. She smells so good~ I’m in scent heaven~

“So how’s the food?” She faced me and looked into my eyes.

My breath got caught in my throat.

“It-it was good.” I said, still grinning like a mad woman.

“That’s good. I’m starving!” Taeyeon said, patting her tummy.

“How cute.” I mumbled.

“Hmm?”

“Here’s your chicken. Let’s eat.” Ms. Sunny said, saving me from answering Taeyeon. Phew. That was close.

We didn't talk much becasue Taeyeon and Ms. Sunny was talking about their lectures so Jess and I just stayed quiet until we finished our food.

“Sorry Ms. Kim and Ms. Lee but we have to take our leave now. See you guys around.” Jess said and dragged me with her to our room.

“What’s with you?” She asked, surprised at how I acted. “Why are you stuttering all of a sudden?”

“She.. She smells so good, Jess~” I sighed happily, grinning like an idiot.

“Snap out of it! You’re going crazy!” She said as she grabbed my shoulders and shook my whole body.

“Wait! I HAVE to relay this information to Amber!” I said as I ran out to look for Amber.

“Sigh.. She’s nuts.” Jessica said, face palming herself.

-----

“Amber-ya! WHERE ARE YOU?!” I shouted, running at the middle of the hallways, looking through every room, trying to find her.

I got to the end of the high school department and still no sign of Amber. Where is she? I went back in the hallway, double checking the rooms to see if she’s there. A sudden idea came to my mind. “Ah! The basketball court!” I immediately ran to the direction of the court. Why didn’t I check there first?

When I arrived at the court, I was already out of breath. Sigh. I’m really out of shape. I scanned the court and saw that he was with the boys, playing 21.

AMBER! I have to talk to you.” I shouted in English, catching her attention.

She told the boys that she’ll be with me for a bit. They winked at her and cheered her on to ‘get the girl’. I rolled my eyes at them. Boys. Ugh. The thing is, Amber and I used to have a thing but eventually we realized that we were better off as friends so we got past that but some people aren’t over that yet and still tease us from time to time.

“What’s up?” She asked, ruffling her hair and wiping her sweat off with her handkerchief.

“You look hot doing that.” I said, flirting with her just a little.

“You think so?” She winked at me and laughed. “Really though, what’s up?”

I momentarily forgot what I came here for but then it hit me.

“I came here to talk about Ms. Kim.” Silly me.

“Ah, is it about her scent?” What the? How did she know? How spot on.

“Yeah! How’d you know? Doesn’t she smell great?” I asked as I saw Taeyeon walk out of the cafeteria, my eyes following her every move.

Amber noticed and looked at the direction where I was looking, “Yeah, she smells great. I wonder what her perfume is. She smells like a goddess.” Amber said, matter-of-factly.

“She is. I mean, she does.” Amber laughed and patted my shoulders.

“She’s got you hooked too, huh?”

“Yeah. She’s just too intriguing. I want to get to know her more.” I said, my eyes still fixated on Taeyeon.

“Wow. ‘I want to get to know her more’? Is this the Tiffany I know?” She said as she took her eyes off Taeyeon and looked at me instead. “You never wanted to ‘get to know’ your targets. And it’s the first day you’ve met her too! Usually you’d be up on their faces flirting non-stop yet here you are now, talking to me about how you want to get to know her more. Damn. I wish I had that effect in you.”

I chuckled and looked at her, “Come on, Amber. You know you’re different. You were never one of my targets so don’t say that.” I held her cheeks and gazed at her lovingly. “It’s just that we’re better off as friends and you know that. I love you, okay?” I gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll see you in class later, alright?” I said and gave her a hug.

When I looked back to where Taeyeon was when I last saw her, she was still there but instead of talking to Ms. Sunny, she was staring at me and Amber.

 

Uh-oh.

______________________________________________

AN: Taeyeon saw everything! :O 

How are you guys? I-ugh, slacked a bit in writing these past days but hey! I have reserves (chapters I've alreaedy written) so hoorah! I can still post! Yay! See you guys in a few days! 

Do you guys like the pink font? I think it looks nice ^^ We're close to 50 subs! Yay! Thank you guys for subscribing! It really means a lot to me. In a way it shows that you guys like my story :) 

Also, heads up that there'll be in one chapter soon. ;)