She's Old

11:11

We were in the middle of Math class when Sir Kang barged in and excused our teacher. They were outside the classroom for a good five minutes when Sir Kang walked in and told us that he’ll be in charge for the rest of the class.

“Sir Kang! Why are you here? Are you gonna be our teacher again?” I excitedly asked him, which made him laugh.

“No, no. I’m here to introduce you to your new guidance counselor/English teacher.”

A bunch of “Ohhhh”s were heard from us. We talked amongst ourselves as we patiently waited for our new teacher.

“So, how have you guys been?” Sir Kang asked, his leg up on the table as usual.

“We’ve been good but it’s not the same without you, sir.” Hyoyeon said, earning nods of approval from us.

“Really now? I’m pretty sure—“ His sentence got interrupted when he saw someone outside the classroom.

“Oh, she’s here.” He said as he walked to the door.

He opened the door and a girl in her early twenties showed up. This is gonna be our new teacher? Isn’t she too young? I didn’t know a fresh graduate can be a guidance counselor and English teacher at the same time. Isn’t that too much to handle?

As she confidently walked to the front of the classroom, I observed her. She’s pretty and has this aura around her, giving you an impression that she’s cool. She has blonde hair, her bangs neatly swept to the side of her face. She’s wearing a red and black striped flannel with jeans and black Stan smith’s to complete her boyish look. Is she gay? I smirked, my eyes following her every move.

I have a new target.

“Class, this is Ms. Kim Taeyeon, your new counselor and English teacher. There will be no English class today. You guys will spend that time in acquainting yourselves with Ms. Kim.”

We cheered at the revelation. No class! Woohoo! I have an hour to spend with our new teacher my new target.

“I shall take my leave now.” He said, as he headed to the door. “Oh, and Tiffany,”

“Hmm?” I asked, momentarily taking my eyes of that beautiful human being in front of the class.

“Take it easy on Ms. Kim.” With that being said, he closed the door and left.

My classmates laughed at his statement, knowing full well what he meant. The fun part is, Ms. Kim doesn’t. Ms. Kim eyed me for a bit and I smiled at her. Girl, you don’t know what’s coming your way.

Ms. Kim looked at the teacher’s table and immediately hopped on it and sat there. That was something Sir Kang wished he did but never succeeded in doing. Impressive.

She cleared and said, “My name’s Kim Taeyeon, call me Ms. Taeyeon or Ms. Kim, whichever you would like. I’m currently a student-teacher, studying in Seoul University, taking up Law. Hmm, if you have questions, shoot. Let’s get to know each other.”

I was the first to raise my hand, being the only one who has the guts to do it.

“Yes, Tiffany-ssi?” Ooh. She remembers my name. I like that.

“What are your views on same- relationships?” I asked, smirking at her.

My classmates laughed at me, surprised at how blunt I’m being with our new teacher.

She thought of her answer for a minute before saying, “Being a religious person and growing up in that environment, I don’t believe that it’s right to be in that relationship. But that doesn’t mean that I hate them or dislike them. I mean, I don’t have the right to judge them because I’m not perfect. I have my flaws. If they’re happy then that’s great. I wouldn’t meddle with their relationship because I have different beliefs than them. They have the right to love, they’re people too. So I am not stopping them in choosing whether they love the same or not.” She paused for a bit and smiled, contented at her answer.

She looked at me straight in the eyes and said, “Are you satisfied with my answer?”

“Yes ma’am.” I answered as I held her gaze.

She looked away, scanning the rest of the room, “So, do you guys have more questions?”

I held my hand up again and she laughed, nodding at me to say my question.

“How old are you, Ms?” I asked, curious as to how old she really is. I mean, her looks can pass as a college student!

“Ahh, that question.” She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. “Well, I’m actually 28 years old.”

“WHAT?!” We all shouted in unison. Is she for real?

“Really? You look like you’re 21 years old!” Yuri said, earning a laugh from Ms. Taeyeon.

“Sadly, it’s true. I really am 28 years old.”

“Damn, you’re old.” Hyoyeon said quietly, speaking out her thoughts without realizing it. I nudged her and told her to apologize to Taeyeon. Hyo sheepishly smiled at Taeyeon, scratching her head as she apologized.

“It’s no big deal. I’ve accepted long time ago that I’m old. No need to be sorry.” She smiled at her, reassuring Hyoyeon that it really is no big deal. “Next question.”

I raised my hand again, earning yet another chuckle from Taeyeon. “Is Tiffany the only one who will ask questions here?” She said as she shook her head. “Yes Tiffany?”

“Are you single?”

 

_____________________________________________

AN: So some of you guys might be wondering why Tiffany refers to Ms. Kim as 'Taeyeon'. Well, since she thinks of her as a target, she removed all the formalities needed for a teacher. But! She only refers to Ms. Kim as 'Taeyeon' in her thoughts. She doesn't actually call her 'Taeyeon' in school. She will still be calling her 'Ms. Kim or Ms. Taeyeon' when talking to people but in her mind it's just 'Taeyeon'. 

Also, yes. She's actually 28 years old here. I wanted to use TY's real age. Comment your thoughts about this. I want to know if it's too much of an and whatnot. Let's talk down there :) 

Oh and thank you for voting! Majority said that I should put titles so I'm going to be doing that from now on. Thank you for participating! See you guys again in a few days~ 

JUNG_SOONA!~ SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO YOU! You flatter me. Thank you for upvoting this <3 I shall engrave this in my mind that you are the one who first upvoted 11:11. Thank you. *bows 90 degrees but loses balance and falls down* hehe. *rubs head* Gomawoyo <3 heartu~