Sir Kang's Farewell

11:11

“So class, as you may or may not know, I will no longer be your guidance counselor and English teacher anymore.” Sir Kang said, smiling at us, though his smile didn’t reach his eyes like how it normally does.

“Whaaat?” “Are you serious?” “No way” “Don’t leave us!” were heard from different parts of the room as we vocalized our thoughts. Sir Kang was our class’ favorite teacher. He’s just so easy-going and he’s close to all of the students in our class since he is was our guidance counselor. He’s really funny and short too. He's shorter than me and I'm only 5ft3"! There are times where he tries to sit on top of the teacher’s table but since he isn’t tall enough to actually do it, he just scratches his head and resorts to putting one of his legs up on the table instead. It never fails to make us laugh when he attempts to do that. 

He smiled at us and told us to quiet down. “You guys have always been my favorite class ever since I started working here but sadly, it’s time to part ways with you guys. I am now going to take over the school’s elementary department so I'm not going to have enough time to be a counselor as well. Don’t worry though, they already found a replacement for me. She’ll be here in a few days. I think you guys will like her. I’ve heard a lot of good things about her from the principal so I’m pretty sure you guys will be in good hands. If not, then just bear with her for a year since you guys are graduating students.” He laughed, before saying, “I’m kidding. She’ll be great. No need to worry about anything.” He made the 'ok' sign with his hand.

“We’re gonna miss you Sir.” I said, frowning.

“Yeah, Tiffany’s right. We’re gonna miss you!” Sooyoung said as she went up to Sir Kang and shouted, “Group hug!” We all ran to him and hugged him.

“Aww, I’m touched. Be good kids, okay?” We all nodded and hugged him tighter. “With that being said, we’re not going to have class today! Be free to do whatever you want.”

“Yay! Bye Seeya!” Sooyoung said as he patted Sir Kang’s bald head and bolted outside the classroom, heading to the cafeteria where food awaits her.

"Sooyoung! Wait for me!" Yoona shouted, running after Sooyoung.

We laughed at their antics and packed our bags. Most of the people left the room while I stayed with Sir Kang.

"Thanks for everything, Sir." I told him, giving him a side hug. 

"You're welcome. Be a good girl, okay?" 

I smiled at him, "I'll try."

Sigh. Sir Kang is almost like a second Dad to me already. I just hope that this new guidance counselor/English teacher is as good as Sir Kang because if not then that’ll and I would have to protest outside the school’s office to bring him back.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

AN: I know, I know. You're thinking why it's so short and how there's no Taeyeon yet. This is just kind of a filler explaining why Taeyeon will be entering the story. Also, I said that I won't be uploading 'til I finish writing the fifth chapter but I can't hold on to this much longer. It's driving me crazy! Will be uploading the second chapter tomorrow (If I don't get tempted to post it later)

I need your opinion by the way. Should I have titles for my chapters or just name them as 'Chapter 1' and so on? I feel like having titles can tend to be a spoiler on what's going to happen so yeah. You guys decide.