She Knows

11:11

“Class, please present your project in front of the class. I will be the one to interpret your photo/s. Just introduce yourself and say something like, “this is what I find beautiful” or words along the lines of that. No explanations.” Ms. Sunny said as she sat on one of the chairs at the back.

Everyone gasped. We all prepared a speech explaining why we chose that photo. Oh well.

“So who wants to go first? Any volunteers?” Ms. Sunny asked as she looked at us, scanning the area.

No one said a word. We all just looked at our tables, making sure that we didn’t make eye contact with Ms. Sunny.

“Alright then. Since no one is volunteering, I’ll be the one to pick who goes first.” She said.

Our eyes widened as we shouted, “NO!”.

“I’ll go first!” Amber said as she stood up and walked to the front of the class.

“Welp, my name is Amber Liu and this is what I find beautiful.” She said as she flashed her photo on the screen.

Wow. Nature. It’s a picture of a road with trees at the side. It’s simple yet it’s a beautiful sight. I love views like this. Amber smiled at me when our eyes met. “Do you like it?” She mouthed as she sat back down on her chair and looked back at me. I nodded and gave her a thumbs up. I love it.

Ms. Sunny wrote some notes down on her paper and told us to continue.

“Me next.” Siwon said as he stood up.

He smiled at us before showing his photo. It’s a photo of his car. Psh. Why am I not surprised?

Sooyoung was next and as soon as she flashed her photo on the screen, we all laughed. It was a picture of steak! She took a picture of her food. The classroom was filled with laughter. Even Ms. Sunny didn’t get to hold it in. Sooyoung’s such a shikshin.

Ms. Sunny face palmed herself and said, “I can’t believe you took a picture of your food!”

“But why? Steak is beautiful.” Sooyoung said as she whined.

“Sure, sure. Whatever you say.” Ms. Sunny said as she shook her head and wrote down some notes on her paper.

As Sooyoung sat down on her chair, I stood up immediately. It’s my time to shine.

“Good morning, friends! My name’s Tiffany and this is what I find beautiful in this ugly world of ours.” I said as I flashed Taeyeon’s photo in the screen. I smiled widely, proud of my work. She looks great.

I looked at Ms. Sunny and saw that she was shocked for a second then smirked at me. Huh? What was that? She shook her head and jotted some notes down.

“Alright, next.” She said.

“Me next, me next!” Hyoyeon said as she raised her hand repeatedly.

“Sure, go on. No one’s stopping you, Hyoyeon.” Ms. Sunny said as she chuckled.

“Yay! My little Sparky is what I find beautiful.” Hyo said as she flashed a picture of her dog.

Aww. How cute! I miss Sparky! He’s such a cute dog. He’s a golden retriever. I believe he’s 2 years old now. He always greets us when we enter Hyoyeon’s house. Belly rubs are his favorite! Just the thought of it makes me miss him.

The presentations went on for a good hour before class ended.

“Thank you all for doing your projects. I’m happy that everyone did it. All of you will get a plus in your final grade. Enjoy your lunch break.” She said as she stood up.

We all cheered and thanked her. After Ms. Sunny left the class, we went to the cafeteria to buy food. We don’t have English class today so I wasn’t counting on being with Taeyeon. It’s okay though, I don’t mind it. I have had plenty of time being with her last Friday. It’s all good~

The day went by without anything special happening. It was a typical Monday. Classes with Taeyeon are on Thursdays and Fridays so I’ve got nothing to look forward to until then.

 

-Sunny’s POV-

“Hey, Taeng!” I shouted as I entered the faculty room.

She looked up from her laptop and said, “Hmm? What’s up, Sunny?”

“You’ve got yourself a little admirer.” I smirked as I sat down beside her.

“Huh? What do you mean?” She asked, confused.

“Someone in my class thinks you’re beautiful.” I smiled at her as I poked her sides.

“Yah. Stop.” She giggled as she swatted my hands away, “I know who it is.” she said.

“Really? You already know?” I asked her, shocked. She’s only been here for two days!

“Yup. 100 percent. It’s Tiffany, right?” She said as she grinned and winked at me.

“How’d you know?!” Is she a mind reader or something?

“Pretty easy, really. I see the way she stares at me. It sends a pretty clear message.” She told me.

“She stares at you? Wow. She’s not even hiding it!” I said, fascinated at the young girl. Such boldness she has. “Is it okay for you though? You know, a student likes you. A female student. Because I know how you’re religious and what not.”

She smirked as she looked at me, “it’s all good. It’s no big deal. It’s not like she’s going to do anything about it. Plus, she’s still a kid, she doesn’t know what she’s doing yet.”

I nodded at what she said. It’s true. Tiffany isn’t going to do anything.

“Well, I just wanted to let you know because I got a bit shocked when she showed the whole class her project. It was a photo of you. It was simple yet beautiful. I like it.” I told her.

“Ah, really? I haven’t seen the photo yet, actually. She never showed it to me.” She said as she frowned a little.

“Do you want to see it? I can just get the photo from her.” I said as I gestured to get it.

“Nah, it’s all good. No need for that. You liking it means it’s actually good. I’m pretty sure she’ll show it to me when she remembers.”

“Alrighty then. Just wanted you to know.” I laughed, “I didn’t really expect you to know who it is. I even planned on teasing you.” I told her.

She laughed, “Sorry, Sunny. But Tiff’s pretty obvious so it really didn’t help your case.” She patted my shoulder.

“Owell. Back to work then!” I told her as I stood up and went to my own desk to record the grades of Tiffany’s class.

“Sure.” She said as she went back to typing on her laptop.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She knows~