Expected Visitor

11:11

“Good morning, class!” Ms. Kim said as she struggled to enter the room because she was holding her laptop, charger, book, and pencil case.

“Ms. Kim! Let me carry it for you.” I told her as I practically ran to where she was to help her with her stuff.

“Thank you, Tiffany.” She said as she smiled at me, handing me her stuff.

“No problem.” I told her as I followed her to the front of the classroom and placed her stuff on the table.

I went back to my seat and fist bumped Amber.

“So are you going to be the teacher’s pet now?” Jessica whispered to me.

“Shut up. I was just helping her.” I elbowed her arm.

“Okay! No need to get physical.” She hissed at me as she rubbed her arm.

“Since it’s our first class today, we’re just going to watch a movie.” Taeyeon said as she smiled at us and started setting up her laptop.

We all cheered at what she said. Technically there’s no class. Yay!

“But you guys have to write a summary of the movie in your notebook. Make sure to pass it to me after you’re done.” She said.

“Aww”s were heard from the classroom.

“What? Did you guys think I wasn’t going to make you do anything today?” She chuckled, “Keep dreaming.”

“Pfft. I don’t like her.” I heard Siwon whisper from behind.

I rolled my eyes. It’s just a summary. It’ll be easy. At least we won’t have a formal class today.

“Can someone get the projector and speakers?” Taeyeon said as she looked up at us to see who wanted to volunteer.

“I’ll get it, Ms. Kim.” Amber said as she stood up and left the classroom.

As we were waiting for Amber, Taeyeon suddenly said, “We’ll be watching Dead Poets Society today.”

I smiled, I’ve watched that before. This will be easy.

“Does anyone know that movie? Or have you guys heard of it at least?” She asked as she looked around to see if we know it. A bunch of us nodded. “Great! It’s one of my favorites actually.”

“Really? That’s old.” Siwon said.

Taeyeon chuckled, “I know. It was actually released a year after I was born.”

We were all quiet.

I keep forgetting how old Taeyeon actually is. She looks like a fresh grad for Pete's sake!

“Here you go, Ms. Kim.” Amber said as she suddenly entered the room.

Welp, good thing she’s back. It got a bit quiet, it was awkward.

“Your summary has to be exactly 200 words. I’ll be counting them so make sure that it's exact.” She said as she started the movie.

We all just nodded and started watching the movie. Since I’ve already watched it, I began writing the summary as the movie was still playing. Writing the summary was easy, it’s the word count that’s hard to do. I had to cut down a lot of sentences because my summary was too long. It took me around 20 minutes to actually finish writing it. The movie ended half an hour after.

“You guys have 30 minutes to write your summary. Just put your notebook on my table when you’re done then you can leave.” Taeyeon said as she started packing up her things.

I stood up and put my notebook on the table. I smiled at her, “I’m done, Ms. May I help you pack up?” I asked.

“Yeah, sure.” She said as she continued fixing her things.

I looked back and saw that Amber was shaking her head while smiling. Psh. She wished that she was me!

I unplugged the speaker and projector and tied the cords and put them on the table.

“Thank you, Tiffany. You can leave now if you want.” Taeyeon said as she smiled at me.

“No, thank you. I’m going to wait for my friends.” I told her as I sat back down on my chair.

I was lying. I wanted to wait for her to leave the classroom because I wanted to help her with her stuff again.

“Hey, mind waiting for me at the gate later? I’ll be staying in here for a bit.” I whispered into Jessica’s ear.

“Yeah, yeah, sure.” She said as she brushed me off, concentrating on her paper.

I just shrugged and brought out my phone. I’ll be here for a bit anyway so why not use my phone while waiting, right?

I kept playing my game until someone tapped my shoulder.

“Why are you still here? You were the first one to finish. Didn’t you know that you can leave as long as you’re done with your summary? All of your friends left already.” Taeyeon rose her eyebrow as she stood beside me.

Oh crap. She’s on to me! “Well, uhm," I thought of what excuse to say, "I didn’t see them leave. I got distracted by my phone. Sorry.” I said as I stood up and hurriedly put my stuff in my bag.

“Oh, alright.” She said as she walked to the door.

I ran to her and said, “Ms, can I help you with that?” I pointed at her stuff.

“Yeah, sure. Thank you, Tiffany. Just put it on my table in the faculty please.” She said as she handed me her belongings.

“No problem, Ms.” I said as I led the way to the faculty room.

I opened the door for her and said, “Ladies first,” as I gestured for her to go in.

She smiled at me and sat on her chair, “Thank you, Tiffany.”

“As I’ve said before, no problem, Ms. See you tomorrow.” I told her as I walked to the door.

As I was about to close the door, I saw Ms. Sunny laughing at Taeyeon. What was that?

I went downstairs to go to the gate where Jessica was waiting for me.

“How are you going home today, Jessi?” I asked her.

“I’m just going to take a cab today. I got too lazy to drive earlier so I just took a cab. How about you?” She said while glancing outside the gate.

“My car’s in the parking lot. Want me to bring you home? I’ve got nothing to do anyway.” I told her.

“Yeah, yeah. Sure.” She kept looking outside, she wasn’t even looking at me while talking to me, “Who’s she?” She said, still staring outside.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I said as I looked at her.

“The girl outside, I don’t think she’s a student here. I’ve never seen her here before.” She said as she pointed at the gate.

I looked at the girl and did a retake, “SALT?!”

Salt looked at me and our eyes met. She immediately smiled and went inside to hug me.

“Hey! What are you doing here?” I asked her, my eyes wide while I looked at Jessica.

“Who is she?!” Jessica mouthed at me.

I shook my head and released Salt from the hug.

“Well, I came here to give you your jacket back.” She said as she removed my jacket from herself and handed it over to me.

“Ah, yeah. Thank you.” I smiled at her, “How’d you know how to get here?” I asked her, a bit nervous and still surprised to see her here.

She smirked and winked at me as she said, “I have my ways.”

“I see. So did you want to do anything else?” I asked her. I mean, I just really can’t make her go home immediately, right? She went all the way here.

I saw Jessica at the back flailing her arms for some reason. What is she doing? I ignored her and focused my attention to Salt.

“I was hoping that we could go out.” She said nervously.

I inwardly chuckled, she looks really cute right now.

“Yeah, I don’t mind.” I said as I shrugged.

“Yay!” She suddenly jumped and hugged me and gave me a peck on the lips.

I got shocked but recovered quickly.

“Calm down, baby girl. We have to drop off Jessi first.” I told her.

She looked confused and I was too but then it clicked, “I’m sorry! This is Jessica, my best friend.” I told Salt as I passed by her and stood next to Jessica and pointed at her.

“Ah, nice to meet you. I’m Salt.” She said as she held out her hand to Jessi.                 

“Jessica.” She said as she smiled and shook Salt’s hand. “I’ve heard a lot of things about you.”

I smiled at Jessi. I know what she’s doing. She approves of Salt so she’s helping me out.

I put my arm on Salt’s shoulder and smiled at her.

“Really?” Salt blushed, “I hope they’re good things.”

“Of course it is. Anyways, If you'll excuse me, I’ll be going now. Yuri’s outside to bring me home. See you next time, Salt.” She said as she hugged Salt.

As Jessi passed by me, she hugged me and said, “Ms. Kim’s there.” And left.

I looked around and saw Ms. Sunny and Taeyeon watching us from a far.

Oh no. Not this again!

 

-TAEYEON’S POV-

“Did you just see that?” Sunny said as she nudged me.

“Yeah.” I told her as I took my eyes away from Tiffany and the girl.

“Who’s that girl? And isn’t PDA not allowed in the school’s premises?” She asked, a little confused. “Or is it?” She looked at me.

“It’s not allowed.” I shook my head, I’ve already warned her about this, yet she still does it. “How disappointing.” I said out loud, speaking out my thoughts.

“Why?” Sunny said.

“Well, for starters, I’ve already told her that PDA isn’t allowed in school. I gave her a warning a few weeks ago.”

“Ohh.” She paused then said, “I’ve heard that’s how Tiffany is though.” She stared at the trio near the gate.

“What about Tiffany?” I asked as I faced her.

“I don’t remember who told me exactly but they say that Tiffany’s a flirt. A major one too.”

I let her words sink in for a bit, “That makes sense. That makes perfect sense.”

How unfortunate.