Jessi

11:11

~Neomu banjjakbanjjak nuni busheo
No no no no no~

I stirred from my sleep, hearing my ringtone. What time is it?

~Neomu kkamjjakkkamjjak nollan naneun
oh oh oh oh oh~

I blindly reached for my phone on my side table, searching for it.

“Yoboseyo?” I said, my eyes still closed.

“Tiff, wake up! Let’s go shopping! I want to buy new shoes.”

I immediately recognized her voice and I’m sure you guys know who this is too. I mean, who would wake me up just to go shopping?

“Jessi, what time is it?” I asked her, my eyes still closed. I want to sleep more.

“It’s already 1pm so wake up!!” She said, excitement evident in her voice.

“Why are you awake this early?” I asked her. Usually, she’d still be asleep at this hour.

“Well, I slept early last night so I woke up early. Come on! WAKE UP!”

I groaned. What can I do to stall this conversation?

“Don’t you even think about it, Tiff. I know you. Just wake up!”

My eyes shot open. How’d she know?

“Fine, fine. Pick me up in 30. Buy me lunch please.”

“Sure, sure. Let’s eat at the mall.”

“Alright, bye.” I said as I hung up.

I stood up and walked to my dresser. What should I wear today? Meh, I’ll decide after taking a shower. I headed to the bathroom and took a cold shower. I love taking cold showers. It refreshes me.

When I finished taking a shower, I wiped myself with my light pink towel. I headed back to my dresser and picked out my clothes. I decided on wearing a white crop top tank in a denim jumper along with white converse. Casual. I nodded at myself in the mirror. I look great. I just have to fix my hair now. I blow dried my hair and clipped my bangs to the side.

My phone beeped, indicating that there was a text message so I went to the side of my bed and grabbed it.

Jessi: I’m here. Go down.

I didn’t even bother replying anymore. I just took my wallet and headed to the door.

As I got outside of my condo, I immediately saw her white mini cooper. I got in it and saw that she was using her phone.

She smiled at me and excitedly said, “You ready to go shopping?”

“I’m hungry. Let’s eat first.” I told her, ignoring her statement/question.

She frowned a little and drove off my street, “Fine. We eat and then we go shopping.”

“So what shoes do you want to buy? Do you have something in mind already?” I asked her.

“I’ve been wanting some Adidas NMDs for a while now.” She said as she focused on the road, eyes not even glancing at me.

You see, Jessica is one of the safest drivers I know. She focuses on the road. Hard. She doesn’t use her phone while driving nor lets herself be distracted by anyone. But she still talks to people while she drives. It's just that she doesn't look at them. She keeps her eyes on her surroundings. Uncle Joe, Jessica’s dad, was a speed racer so Jessica learned how to drive at a young age. Her dad thought her how to drive safely. She’s a great driver and I admire that.

We arrived at the mall 20 minutes later. The smile on Jessica’s face as we entered the mall made me laugh.

“Yah! Why are you laughing at me, huh?” She slapped my arm.

“You looked so happy when we got here. How long has it been since you last went shopping?” I asked her.

She looked down before whispering, “A week.”

“What?” I asked her, I didn’t hear what she said.

“A week! It’s only been a week.” She told me with a straight face.

“Pfft. You’re addicted to shopping.” I told her as we headed to a restaurant.

“I don’t mind it one bit. I love shopping. Shopping makes me happy.” She said matter-of-factly.

“Alrighty then. Whatever makes you happy, I guess.” I said as I patted her shoulder.

“Let’s eat?” She asked, smiling at me as she linked her arms around mine.

“Yes please!” I said as we headed to the nearest restaurant we saw that didn’t have a line or a waiting list.

_______

“Thanks for the meal, Jess. You really didn’t have to pay for it. I can pay for myself, you know.” I told her as we headed out to the restaurant. 

“It was only fair because I dragged you into this.” She told me as she linked her arms with mine.

Well, she’s right. I shall say no more and just accept her kindness!

“So what did you want to buy again?” I asked her as we walked through the shops one by one.

“Shoes! Adidas NMDs to be exact!” She told me as she dragged me to the store.

She immediately went to the isle where the shoes were at.

“So which color do you want?” I asked her while eyeing the shoes in front of me. It does look great. It’s stylish. I like it.

“I want the black one. It’ll suit anything I’ll wear.” She said as she took one and examined it.

I nodded and browsed the isle. My eyes stopped when I saw a pink NMD at the end of the row. It looks great. I have to buy it! It’s calling out my name. And it’s made for me! It’s pink! But do I really need it? I contemplated whether I should buy it or not as I sat down on one of the benches in the store while looking at it.

I pried my eyes away from the shoes as I saw a clerk heading our way, holding two boxes.

“Miss, this is the pink and black one you ordered. Both size 7.” The clerk told Jessica as he put down both boxes and took out the shoes for her to try.

I watched her try on the black one and saw her smile to herself. She definitely loves it. It looks great on her anyway. She stood up from the bench and walked around the store, checking to see if it’s comfortable.

“Tiff, come on.” She told me.

“Huh?” I asked her.

“Try the pink one on.” She said as she pointed at the one the dude was holding.

“Oh, okay.” I told her as I smiled a little.

I tried it on and it felt great on my feet. I walked around the store and it’s comfortable. I like it.

“It’s great, Jess.” I told her as I took it off and handed it to the clerk.

“Great. I’ll buy the both of them. I’ll wear the ones I’m wearing right now.” She told the clerk.

“Hey, you don’t need to buy the pink one for me.” I told her as I signaled for the clerk to take it back to the storage room.

“Huh? What do you mean? I’m buying it for myself. It’s mine.” She said with a straight face.

“Oh.” I said as I looked down, feeling embarrassed at myself.

She snorted and laughed, “I’m just kidding, it’s for you, dummy! Now I’m going to buy it for you whether you like it or not.” She said as she headed to the register with the clerk.

I face palmed myself and walked to where she was. I can’t believe I got fooled by Jessi again. Ugh.

I really have to treat her to somewhere soon.

Reminder: I need to take Jessi out and buy her clothes in the future.

We went out the store with a paper bag in our hands.

“So, what’s next?” I asked her.

“Hmm, let’s go home. I’m tired.” She said as she yawned.

“What? Already? Okay.” I told her as we walked to the parking area.

I checked my watch to see what time it is. It's only 5pm! But if Jessi's tired, then I better comply because I don't want to see Hellsica anytime soon. Plus, she bought me food and shoes today. Whatever she says, goes.

“So what’d you do last night?” Jessica suddenly asked as she glanced at me.

“Phew. Where do I begin? A lot of things happened last night.” I told her as I smiled at the memory of being with Taeyeon.

“Tell me your favorite part. Begin there.” She said.

“Alright then,” I said as I thought of what to say. Should it be about Taeyeon or Salt? Hmm.. I decided to choose the former. “Ms. Kim happened. I saw her at the Soshi Palace last night!” I told her as I freaked out a little.

“What’s Ms. Kim doing in a bar?” She asked me as she raised one of her eyebrows. “That’s odd.” She said.

“Apparently she owns the bar.” I told her.

“Ms. Kim? Ms. Kim the religious teacher owns a bar? Are you kidding me?” She asked again, looking at me skeptically.

“Yup. I’m not joking. I was surprised to see her there too. She was there to check on the bar, to see if it's doing well.” I told her.

“How weird.” Jessi said, her facial expression clearly showing that she’s weirded out about this new found information about our new teacher.

“Mhmm. Yuri and I freaked out when we saw Ms. Kim. I just sent home Salt too. Good thing Ms. Kim didn't see me.” I told her as we stopped at her car.

“Salt? Who’s Salt?” Jessica asked as she unlocked the car.

We put our paper bag on the back seat and went in the vehicle.

“She’s a girl I hooked up with last night.” I said nonchalantly.

“Tiff.” She said, suddenly serious.

“What?”

“Rate her from 1-10.” She said, her smile growing.

I rolled my eyes at her. Pfft. “She’s a good 7. An eight in bed for sure.” I told her as I imagined what happened last night. It was hot.

She thought about it for a minute then nodded, “Not bad, not bad.”

“You’ll meet her soon.” I told her as she drove off the mall.

“Hmm? What do you mean?” She said, glancing at me.

“Just wait and see.” I told her as I smiled, remembering the look Salt gave me when I sent her home.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

.. Hi. Please don't get mad! *hides* I'm really sorry for the delay. But hey, I updated! Woohoo~ See you guys soon? 

Also, if you guys didn't notice, I've been putting links to photos on the stuff I use in the story so you guys would know what the object actually looks like. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look for a word or words that are in blue. An example is this one. Haha!

ALSO SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO 22GRACEY THANK YOU FOR UPVOTING THE STORY AND COMMENTING A LOT! *bows*

I really appreciate the comments, guys. Really. I like the feedback you guys give so keep on commenting!