Two Truths One Lie

11:11

“Are you single?”

“Yes, I am happily single.” She said, showing a content smile. “Alright, enough about me. Let me get to know you guys. Let’s play a game. Two Truths One Lie. Do you guys know how to play that?” We all nodded. “Write your two truths and one lie in a piece of paper and recite it to the class. Since I’m pretty sure you guys know each other pretty well, I’ll be the one guessing which the lie is. Also, tell me your name before reciting what you wrote since I don’t have the class record yet.”

She gave us a good 15 minutes to think of what to write before playing the game.

 

-Taeyeon’s POV-

“Time’s up. Let’s start. You over there, you’re first.” I said, as I pointed to a tanned girl.

“Hi, my name is Kwon Yuri.” She waved at me. I waved back.

“First off, my cousin drowned me in the swimming pool when we were 5 years old. Second, I used to be 200lbs in middle school. Third, I’ve been sent to the guidance counselor’s office more than five times last month.”

Wow. Five times in the past month? What’s wrong with this kid?

“Hmm, your cousin drowning you is possible so I think that’s true. You being 200lbs? I don’t know. You’re really fit right now so if ever this is true, congratulations. You did a great job in losing the weight. You’ve been sent to the guidance counselor’s five times in the previous month.” I said, voicing out my thoughts.

“More than five times.” Yuri said, correcting me.

“Ah yes, more than five times. Hmm, I’m hoping that the last one is the lie. Five times is too much. If that’s not it, we’re going to be seeing each other a lot then.” I chuckled, smiling at her. "So my guess is that the last one is the lie.

I looked at her face, hoping that I’m right. Oh gosh. She looks so serious. “Ms. Taeyeon, you are..” She said, pausing for a dramatic effect. “CORRECT! Woohoo! Good job!” She gave me a thumbs up before saying, “I’m not that troubled to be sent to the counselor’s more than five times.”

I laughed, “That’s good, that’s good.” I looked over at the students and spotted a guy who’s smiling at his cellphone. “You, guy with the dimples, you’re next.”

He rubbed his neck and smiled sheepishly, “Sorry, Ms. My name is Choi Siwon. First, I was captain of the chess club until Kyuhyun over here stole that spot from me.” He said, pointing at the guy next to him. “Second, I like Tiffany Hwang.” The whole classroom cheered and whistled at the two when Siwon winked at Tiffany. I looked at Tiffany and saw that she rolled her eyes, looking annoyed at the boy. Pfft. I laughed my ahjumma laugh when I saw her reaction. Luckily, the class didn’t notice it because they were too busy cheering Siwon on. “Settle down, settle down. I still have to say the last one. Chill, guys.” Siwon said, chuckling at how much attention he got. “So lastly, my car’s a 1970 Dodge Challenger. The one Vin Diesel has in Fast and the Furious.”

Psh. This guy. He thinks he’s so cool. High schoolers, am I right? Always got something to prove.

“Hmm, I’m pretty sure the first one is the lie. Kyuhyun looked at you weirdly when you said that.” I chuckled, eyeing him and Kyuhyun. He grinned, showing his killer smile. I bet girls swoon over this guy. “You’re right, Ms. Kim! We don’t even have a chess club here! And chess is for losers!” He laughed out loud, high fiving his pals.

Sure.

“Alright. The next one shall be you.” I pointed at a boy playing with a rubiks cube.

“Good morning, Ms. Kim. My name’s Amber Liu. Two truths one lie. First one is that I’m actually a girl. I just convinced the principal to allow me to wear the boy’s uniform. Second, I have a big tattoo on my back that says, ‘No Ragrets’. Lastly, I’m the captain of the basketball team in this school.” She said, grinning at her last statement.

I squinted at him/her. Is he/she really a girl? No. He looks like a guy! There’s no way he’s a girl and the principal is strict here. I don’t think they’ll allow girls to wear the boy’s uniform. “The first one’s a lie.” As soon as I said that, the whole class erupted in laughter. What? Did I say something wrong?

“Sorry Ms.Kim. The last time I checked, I’m a girl.” She (?!?) said. My eyes widened, “I’m so sorry! It’s the first time I ever worked at a school that allowed girls to wear the boy’s uniform. Forgive me for misunderstanding.” This is so embarrassing! It’s my first day working here too.

“It’s okay, Ms. Kim. You’re not the first to assume that I’m a guy. The lie is the tattoo one by the way. I’m not dumb enough to have that tattooed on me.” She said, laughing.

I made a mental note to myself that I should give Amber a plus 5 on their first English quiz to compensate for my mistake.

I pointed at the girl sitting next to Yuri. “You’re next.”

“Annyeong, my name is Choi Sooyoung. First, I eat six times a day. Second, I love burgers. Lastly, my favorite class is lunch break.”

“Yah! You didn’t put a lie in there!” Yuri said, smacking Sooyoung’s arm causing the whole class to laugh, including me.

“Oh, I didn’t? Hehe. I’m sorry. I’m quite hungry.” Sooyoung said, showing a dorky grin while rubbing her tummy.

 “It’s okay. On to the next one. Sooyoung, you pick.” I said, gesturing for her to pick the next candidate.

She pointed at herself, asking if she heard right. I nodded at her. She brushed her non-existent beard, “Hmm, Hyoyeon you go!”

A girl with blonde hair stood up. “Sup, Ms. Kim? My name’s Kim Hyoyeon.” She smiled and showed a peace sign. “First, dancing is my passion. Second, I once broke my leg trying to attempt a back flip.” She said, pointing at her bandaged leg. “Third, people call me the ‘school’s dance machine’.”

“Honestly, I think that all of what you said is true. But I’m pretty sure that you didn’t make the same mistake as Sooyoung. Or did you?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No ma’am. There’s one lie in there.” She said as she chuckled.

“Good. I’m guessing the second one is a lie.”

“You’re right!” She said, going near the teacher’s table and giving me a high five.

What’s up with her leg then?

“I slipped in the cafeteria a few days ago. It’s no biggie.” She said, answering my thoughts.

Alright, who’s next? Hmm..

“Me next please.” I heard someone say, my eyes landed on the girl next to Amber. Her name’s Tiffany if I’m correct. “Go ahead.” I said, gesturing for her to stand up.

-End of Taeyeon’s POV-

 

She’s taking such a long time in picking me so I volunteered on being next.

“Me next please.” I said, raising my hand so that she’ll see that it’s me. She looked at me in the eye before saying, “Go ahead.”

“My name’s Tiffany Hwang.” I winked at her. Her surprised expression made me giggle. I smiled, showing off my eye smile. “I changed it up a bit. I wrote down two lies and one truth. Is that okay?” She nodded so I continued, “First is that I’m straight. Second, I hate the color pink. Last but not the least, I like you. Which one is it gonna be, Ms?” I watched her expression, she was shocked at my last statement but recovered quickly.

She thought of it for a moment before saying, “I’m definitely sure that the first one’s the truth.”

I smirked at her. “How are you ‘definitely sure’? I’m sorry but you’re wrong, Ms. The last one is the truth.”

Suddenly, the bell rang. Signaling that the class is over and that it's lunch time.

We locked eyes for a moment then she said, “Alright class, see you tomorrow. If you need to talk to me about anything, I’ll be in the faculty’s office.” and left the classroom. 

 

_________________________________________

AN: If you guys didn't get why Siwon said sorry to Taeyeon, it's because he was caught using his phone. 

Have you guys ever played Two Truths One Lie? 'Cause I did when I was a freshmen in college. I got the idea from my experience. So what do you guys think of this chapter? Share me your thoughts in the comments? :) 

Btw, I wasn't supposed to upload today but since I finished writing a chapter last night, I thought 'why not?'. So here it is! Yay for updates!