Chapter 4 - Flashback

Ice Cold Love

Lee [Y/N] ||

 

My mind drifted off to the last day of school the previous semester (right before the summer break)

 

It was the last day of school, and I was supposed to be home about two hours ago, but the girl at the front desk had to take her oh-so-precious time retrieving the files I needed for the college entrance examinations.

 

It was now 6 P.M. I sighed.

 

"That should teach you a lesson for stealing my girl." Then, laughter followed.

 

I turned to where the voice was coming from. The playground? I squinted my eyes to try and see better, but the light from the street lamp wasn't helping much. All I saw were  the silhouettes of a bunch of guys huddled up.

 

I saw (barely) one of the guys kick, and then heard a grunt of pain. After mocking whoever they've beaten up, they left.

 

Deciding it was none of my business, I started walking. But something made me stop. I have no idea what, but before I knew it, I was going back to the playground.

 

I walked around the playground. Looks like he left. Shrugging my shoulders, I turned to leave when,

 

"."

 

A guy hissed in pain.

 

I tried to figure out where the voice was coming from. I think it was coming from the playground tunnel. I slowly walked towards it. I cringed as there was a faint smell of blood.

 

True enough, there was a guy in the tunnel. He looked up, "Who the ?"

 

I couldn't see much of his face but I'm pretty sure he had bruises. From what I can make of it, he looked like he was wearing a school uniform, but it looks different from ours, so I'm guessing that he's from another school nearby.

 

"Need help?"

 

He scoffed, "No thanks."

 

I rolled my eyes, Guys and their 'macho' tendencies. I placed my bag on the ground beside him, and sat on the ground. I opened my bag, and brought out a small bottle of betadine, some cotton swabs, and band-aid.

 

My parents are both doctors, so they always made me carry these around, for emergency. They also taught me first-aid, but I've never really used any of that.

 

"You're bleeding."

 

He kept silent. Jesus, why am I even trying to help.

 

"Where?" I prodded.

 

He groaned, annoyed. He brings his arm to my line of sight. I mentally made a victory dance.

 

"Forearm. That bastard had a knife." He grumbled.

 

I quietly started to clean the cuts (well, I tried), but it was really hard to since it was dark. It didn’t seem like it was deep but it looked pretty long. When I finally finished cleaning it, I unwrapped the band-aid.

 

"I don’t have enough band-aids for all your cuts, but I'll put them on those that seemed worse."

 

He hummed in response.

 

"There, done." I say, patting (very lightly) on the spot where I had placed the band-aid.

 

I stood up and grabbed my backpack. I turned to leave, when..

 

"Thanks."

 

I nodded, and left.

 

~~~~back to the present~~~

 

I stared at the man in front of me.

 

I could've sworn he wore a different school uniform.

 

As Sehun stood up with his bag, I spoke up.

 

"That's weird, I swore you wore a different school uniform then."

 

He looked taken aback for a second, but quickly composed himself.

 

He smirked, "I'll see you around [Y/N]".