Day 21: Chemo

Tic Toc
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took half an hour for them to persuade Woohyun to do the chemo. Woohyun finally agree but with one condition. Only Sunggyu is allowed to stay next to him during the whole procedure. Sunggyu agreed and now stay next to the single couch. Even the couch looked too big for Woohyun.

"Cozy?" Sunggyu asked as he placed a dark blue quilt on Woohyun's small body. Woohyun nodded and rested his back properly. As the time passed by, Woohyun fell asleep during the procedure. Sunggyu never once left his side. He kept caressing Woohyun's head and fixed the blanket on his body. There are still a few minutes left when he looked at the clock.

"Are you his new guardian?" one of the middle aged man asked him. Sunggyu looked at the man and noticed he is as well received the treatment.

"He looked thinner than the last time I saw him," the man said with smile.

"Both of you know each other?" Sunggyu asked. Woohyun had never told him anything about this new friend.

"He doesn't. But I do. Because everytime I saw him, there is no smile from him. Only sadness. But this time, I see that soft smile from him. Must be because of you..." the man said with smile. Sunggyu felt as if someone just put salt on his wound. If only the man knows, that he is also one of the reason why there was no smile from this smaller man..

"Young man, we don't have much time. And I am sorry, just by looking at him, he also knows, he don't have much time left. It is a nice thing to do for you to be with him now..." the middle age man said again, his voice trailed off as he quickly looked away and stopped the conversation between them.

"I understand...thank you," Sunggyu said, audible only for them.

 

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol gasped and couldn't stop shaking. He asked the fortune-teller and card-reader about Woohyun's wellbeing. Will the latter be fine soon? Will he get better like before? Unfortunately, none are good news. So he came to the last one, the one who his mom trusted most.

"Sungyeollie, who did you say it was?" the middle woman asked, trembled after she read the card. Sungyeol kept silent and looked at her in anxious.

"Woohyunie hyung. It is a good thing right? There is hope right?" he asked.

"He died before,"

"What??? What do you mean??"

"He once died, because of an accident. However, he is given another chance for his good deed,"

"Ahjumma," Sungyeol gasped loudly. The word 'died' is a past tense. His hyung was once died?

"He is given another chance. He has only less than one month.." she whispered, tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Is there any hope?" Sungyeol asked in confuse.

"He...Son, ask him make a bucket list. Help him to fulfill it..." she said, holding Sungyeol's hand tightly as the latter began sobbing hard. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The after effect of the chemo is no joke. Woohyun suddenly developed fever and vomitting. He was fine when Sunggyu brought him home that af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter