030

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

A month passed by since the biggest tragedy in my whole life. Everything goes back to normal. But, neither one of us can forget about Sara. She is the most shining diamond in my family, losing her may be triggered tragedy ever happen in my whole life. Not even same as losing my wife. Mates might can be replaced as we can choose whoever we want but sister, blood hood is given to us and we didn’t get a choices to choose but to accept it willingly.

Dad called me yesterday saying that mom finally accept his offer to go their newest ‘honeymoon’ at Krabi Island. They will go tomorrow and stay there for 2 weeks and after that will come and pay a visit to my house visiting their granddaughter and their daughter-in-law also not to forget their son and the only child left, me, Mark Tuan.

Talking about my wife, she’s in her 16 weeks of her pregnancy which means left 18 weeks before my long awaiting son coming out. Oh yes – We did not scan for the baby gender yet but me and my daughter was hoping for a boy! And I very sure that she going to deliver a baby boy. She said to avoid any disappointing occur on me, she don’t want to scan and just waiting surprisingly when the time come. 

Irene, she said she can’t stand to wait for the baby to coming out and ever knocked softly on her mommy’s stomach which now showing her baby bump telling the baby to come out now. In return, my wife felt a movement of kicking out her stomach. Probably my son is answering his sister that he not yet ready to coming out. Oh how much wonderful my life would be when he coming out soon. I can feel that already.

As usual, our routine would be, me waking up in the morning, eating up the breakfast that my wife prepared everyday with my daughter and send her to school, leaving my wife for 10 hours and working up my . Well, at least I make better changing and cutting out 6 hours from my original schedule just for the sake of my wife. Still, the 2 women nagging out as I barely spending my times with them and ‘only cares about money’.

So, today I got no excuse as I make promised with my little princess to bring her out with her mommy because she had her day off after having her Sport Day yesterday and winning a gold medal in running competition. Somehow, I felt regret for promising that after received a call from office that I need to sign an important cheque that need to deliver today before 2 pm. So, now I was losing my mind and stare blankly on the wall.

“Daddy, there’s no hand phone, no office, no Mr. Kim, no Eunmi, no things about your works at all for tomorrow, okay?”

I remembered that. Very clearly in my head. So now how do I run away a while just to sign that one piece of cheque?

“Honey, breakfast is ready. Coming down, Irene in shower already.” My wife popped out from somewhere that I don’t know.

“Baby, act –"

“Uh no, I don’t want to hear anything. I know what you mean. Wake up now, wash your face, and see you at table in 2 minutes.” She said, cut me off.

“Baby, hear me first!” I shout as she began to walk away.

“Downstairs, now!” She replied as her voice rising in shouting.

“Urghh!” I messed up my already mess hair.

This is so Jiyeon. She really control the whole of me now that I feel like oh my god, please spare me, please give me strength and to be said I love her so much, so please make her heart soft for me, don’t be so tough with me, don’t be so strict with me, I’m not a little kid, I am her freaking handsome husband.

“Daddy!” I heard a shout coming from downstairs.

“Coming!”

-----

IRENE

Mommy put a plate of fried noodles on my plate before handing me a glass of milk. With my cheering smile, I take a sip of the milk and saw as my daddy joined us on the table. According to what he promised yesterday, we will go shopping for my little brother stuffs and buying my toys too.

“Diana will come in a while, just ask her to wait –"

“For what?” Mommy cut off as daddy didn’t finish her sentence. I smell anger here.

“I’ve to sign one cheque, it’s due by 2 pm and because I can’t put my foot in the office today, so I ask her to come over.” Daddy explained.

“Your PA is Eunmi. Not Diana.” Mommy replied.

“Diana knows my house and Eunmi not.”

“You simply give your address to Diana and why not to Eunmi?”

“Did you really have to jealous with Diana right now? She is Jackson’s girlfriend in case you forget.” Daddy take spoon of fried noodles.

“I’m not jealous. I just don’t like she’s coming here.” Mommy frowned.

“Scare that she will flirting your handsome husband?”

She send daddy a glare, what a bad jokes daddy! You just added more fire. “I don’t care about she’s trying to hook up with my husband, that’s what she is and I just hate to see her face.”

“Baby, we’re talking about Diana now, your new friend that helped you and me a lot. You just insulting her.” Daddy seems shocked that even I didn’t expect mommy would say that.

“You backing up her.”

“I’m not. It’s clearly you wron –"

“I’m done.” Mommy wake up from her seat in defeat and walks to upstairs, ignoring daddy who call out her name.

“Daddy, I told you there’s no works topic for today.” I said as I glance over my daddy who just let out his sigh.

“I know but this one is very important. I’m not even go to office.” He replied.

“Still, in the topic of works. And look, mommy in bad mood again.” My turn to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter