027

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

3 days has passed since the burial date of Sara. I still fighting with myself whether I should back to Korea now or not. It’s still hard for me to accept the fact that my sister had gone. Usually, she will be here every time I come back home. Her voice will nagged all the way around the house;

“Mark, help me washing my car.”

“Mark, let’s go hunting for foods.”

“Mark, your daughter bullying me.”

“Your daughter hasn’t wash her face yet.”

“Get your out from here now!”

That’s common words that I’ve been miss will no longer echoing in this house. There’s no Mark, Mark, Mark, Mark, anymore. It will be quiet and I hate this so much. Sigh.

My mom… with Jiyeon by her side not too much but a bit make she forgot about Sara. Jiyeon always distracted her with many activities, like gardening together or maybe cooking, if not so, they will watching television with my daughter. But, no matter how many activities they did, my mom still crying at the night as she thinking about Sara.

Jinyoung… he back to Korea with Jaebum and Jackson yesterday. It’s hard for him too especially when he just fall in love with her and he not even had a chance to confessing her. He often asked Irene about a man who Sara ever met before but Irene just remember his name are Henry. I asked Chen to investigate about him but they couldn’t detect anything. How is that possible?

My father… things between us getting worst. We’re not even talking. It’s killing me like hell! I know it’s my fault but that doesn’t mean I am not respecting him as father. I just lose control. Everybody knows that my patient level is very low. He as my father should know me better.

“She’s the one who hurt me. She’s the one who leave me. How can I am the one who hurt her?”

“She don’t want this either. She never want this to happen. She never mean to hurt any of us. This is something that nobody could control. Accept it. This is destiny.”

“And this destiny is too cruel for me. Why her? Out of many people out there why her? Why must her? Can you answer that for me, pa?”

“Everything has been written for us up there. As long as we’re human, we’ll always facing trials and God wouldn’t set up this if we can’t handle it. Because He know we can, that’s why this still happen. None of us should ask why, instead we should accept it willingly. He will replace it with something better.”

“What are better in the future without Sara? Pa, aren’t you sad? Your daughter is gone! She will never come back. Have you thought about that?”

“So, I should to mourning over that? If I do that, will she come back? Will that bring her back alive?”

“Of course not. But, at least that –“

“You not understand about this whole thing, Mark. Ever since your wife dead, you always thought everything is over, you close your heart just because you scared you might betray her while in fact she didn’t feel that at all. How long you want to be like this? Can you, just one time accept everything that God had planned for you. Accept everything! People are dead but that doesn’t mean us, who still alive should mourning over their death!”

“I accept everything, pa. But, I can’t control myself from stop mourning –“

“You think too much and over reacted. Just calm down and learn to control it.”

“Oh yes! I’m the one who over reacting when his sister death.”

And I still remember that I don’t even look at him after that. I don’t even tried to talk with him. I’m not trying to be an ungrateful and rude son but I have feelings too. This is me.

“Mark!”

I turned around and found my wife was standing at the doorframe while crossing her arms as she look at me, “What are you thinking about? I call you twice!” She said and walk in to the room as she sat beside me on the edge of the bed.

“Sorry, I don’t hear. Is there any problem?” I asked as I look at her while she fumbling her fingers.

“I want to ask something. Can I?”

“Yeah…”

“Umm…” she seems hesitated and I know right away that something is not right. “Well, it’s been a week Irene didn’t go to school and we can’t let her keep skipping her classes.”

“The teacher know why she skipped her classes.” I said. Are we really going to talk about this now?

“I know… But, Mark, until when she want to skip her classes?”

“Do you want back to Korea now? I can book tickets and we can back to –“

“No! It’s not like that.” She cut me off, “I didn’t meant that.”

“Then?”

“I was thinking that maybe… Irene and I can stay here with mama and papa and she will change her school and get education here.”

“You?” I pointed my finger over her, “And Irene stay here? In LA?” She nodded her head. So, she want to stay here with mama and papa, and I’ll back alone to Korea? Keeping up with my work, living alone in the house, separated with my pregnant wife and daughter? Of course –

“No.”

“But, honey, I’m worried about mama. She need –“

“She have papa and I believe she’s going to be okay. I can’t let you stay here with Irene while I was far away in Korea working out my .”

“Mark –“

“And when I said no that’s mean no.”

“But, Irene –“

“I will call her teacher, saying she will back to school soon. You don’t have to worry about it.”

“Mama –“ Right before she can finish her words, my phone ringing out.

Chen.

“What is it?”

“Let’s meet.”

“Okay. Text me the place. I’ll come.” And I hang up the call. “I need to go.” I said as I walk away from her.

“Mark!” She call me out but I ignore her. Sorry, baby.

-----

IRENE

I saw as mommy walk in my room and she lowered down her head. “Mommy, what daddy say?” We’ve been discussed that both of us want to stay here so we can look over my grandma as she still didn’t heal from losing her daughter.

“As you said, he won’t agree.” Mommy sat on the bed as she wrapped her face.

“Then, I’ll stay here alone. You have to follow daddy back to Korea.” I said which make she look at me in shock.

“What?”

“I said, you and daddy back to Korea. Let me stay here with ma and pa.”

“No, of course no. You go back with daddy. I’ll stay here taking care mama and papa.” She said.

“No, daddy won’t agree that.” I pouted.

“So, you think daddy will let you stay here without your mommy and daddy?” I keep quiet. Mommy is true. Daddy won’t agree that.

We both sigh. This is hard. I want to stay here so I can take a look of my grandmother. She seems so down and I don’t want her to be sad. She still didn’t used to stay alone. Usually, Aunty Sara will be here with her and pa but now Aunty Sara is gone.

“Let’s ask ma and pa come with us to Korea. They can live with us there.” I give out an idea.

She look at me as she agree with my sudden idea. But –

“No, sorry Jiyeon but I’ve to work here.” My grandpa said.

“But, pa. You should quit by now and spend your time with your family. I’m not saying you’re old but at your age by now, you should spend your time more with us. Let’s follow us back to Korea, okay pa?” Mommy persuaded him.

“I un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter