020

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

I woke up when I heard noise in the bathroom. I groaned and shift my spot and turn to my wife without even opening my eyes, “Jiyeon… who is it?” But, there’s no answer from her make me open my eyes at the speed of light and flinched when she wasn’t beside me.

I rubbed my eyes and walk lazily to the bathroom only to be greeted by my wife were facing the toilet bowl while her knees on the ground, “Holy , Jiyeon! What happen?” I her back as she vomit.

When she calm down after 3 minutes having war with herself, I helped her to stand up and help her to clean and face at the sink. “I told you don’t take too much ice-cream. You’re not even eating rice. Stop eating ice-cream from now on.” I nagged.

“Just go to sleep.” She pull off herself from my embraced as she walk slowly to the bed.

“I’m just worry about you.” I said as I help her tugged in the blanket. I put my hand on her forehead to feels her body temperature. Maybe she had a fever but, before anything, she brushed my hand off.

“Just go to sleep!” Her voice rise up as she closed her eyes.

I sigh and wait until her fall asleep as I want to feel her temperature but then she open up her eyes again and glare at me. Like, seriously? What happen with her? What’s wrong with this sudden temperament?

I take a seat beside her and look at her, “What’s wrong?” I alerted with my deep voice which means I am controlling my anger but she didn’t seems to be scared of it.

“Nothing wrong.” She shook her head, still looking at me.

I cross my arms, “Then, why are you treating me like this?”

“Like what?”

I put my palm on her forehead, “Are you having fever?”

She brushed off my hand, “No, I’m okay. You don’t have to worry about me. It’s not like I will die soon.” She hissed and look away while pull the blanket over her chin.

“Baby, I am your husband. Sick or not, of course I’m worry about you. I’m responsible everything about you and you as a wife have to trust me and tell me everything, including about your health.”

“Everything?” She return the question to me and I nodded in return. “Including what I want to eat?” She asked again.

“Of course!”

“Then never tell me to stop eating ice-cream!” Then she wrapped herself in blanket.

I pull off the blanket, revealed her face in messy state, “Jiyeon… did you not happy with me?” I asked her.

“I’m good with you.”

“Then?”

“What?”

I sighed and glance at the clock on the night stand, “Time to wake up. Don’t you need to prepare breakfast for Irene?”

“Can I not do that? I’m tired.” And this time, she let out her sigh.

“Okay, I will do it. Just rest and call me if you need anything.” I said and fix the blanket after getting up from my seat.

After make sure she has fall asleep, I walk out from the bedroom and straight to the kitchen. Irene can’t skip breakfast and by the state how my wife look weak, I can’t angry her either.

-----

JIYEON

I wake up when I feel nausea inside me and take no time as I rush to the bathroom. Second time I wake up just to vomit a pink liquid. It must be the ice-cream but ice-cream make me feel good instead of other food.

“Baby?” I heard familiar voice but I can’t turn my head to him as I’m still having Great War with myself. “Hey…” He my back.

That feeling make me want to hug him and cry on his shoulder. As soon I spat the last drop, I turn and hug my husband. My tears stream down on my cheek, “Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked me and I can only shook my head as an answer.

“Come…” For a second time, he help me to stand up and help me to clean up my face and my face. Then, he bring me to bed and I sat down at the edge. He bend down his knees as he look at me while holding my hands.

“Let’s go to hospital, okay?” He asked me.

WHAT? Hospital? I’m not scared of hospital, medicines or doctors at all but, to be honest, I’m not in the state of critical until need to go check-up in hospital. So, I shook my head as we don’t need to go hospital at all.

“Aren’t you suppose to go work?” I asked him. Clock shown at 10 in the morning. How can he still in the house?

“I can’t left my wife alone here when she’s not feeling well.” He answered me.

“I’m not even serious.” I snorted.

“Serious or not, I take a day off today.” He wake up and help to tie up my long hair into a bun, “And, I prepare a porridge for you. Do you want me to bring here or you coming down?” He asked.

Are you kidding me? Mark Tuan prepared a porridge for me? Am I dreaming or what?

“This is real and you still not answering me.” He titled his head and he look at me as he can read my mind.

I gulped my saliva, “I will go down.” I replied and began to walk to downstairs while he helping me at the back. He pull the chair for me and as soon I sat down at the dining table, he go and come back with a tray of white bowl which I assume has the porridge and a glass of water.

“Do you want me to feed you?” He asked as he take a seat beside me.

I glare at him, “I still have my hands.” I said and take a spoon of porridge and shove into my mouth. Hmm, not bad... “It’s good. Where did you buy it?” I asked before take a sip of plain water.

“Buy it?” He hissed, “Are you kidding me? I cooked it.” He said.

No! You’re the one who kidding me. You cook it ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter