024

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

When I arrived home, my mom were sleeping and my dad were talking with someone on the phone. I asked Jinyoung to rest in the room while waiting for next update from the police. My dad sat across me in the living room after he hanged up the call.

“Aren’t you telling your wife you had arrived?” He ask me while crossing his arms.

Sigh, “She don’t even care. I don’t have to waste my time by telling her.” I laid my back on the couch. Now I feel very tired.

“How did you know she didn’t care about it?”

“Pa, if she’s care, she will follow me to come here in the first place.”

“Her reason is quite acceptable and she will come later. It’s not like she will never come. Mark, don’t make situation worst. I had enough these days.” He rubbed his temple.

“I just want her to be by myside with my daughter. That’s all.” I put my hand over my eyes.

“At least call her. Tell her you have safely arrived. Don’t make her waiting and worried. She’s sound very scared and worried about you just now.”

“Okay, okay. I will call her after this.”

“Don’t make me worry about you and her. I can’t handle two matters in a one time.”

-----

DIANA

I admit that it such a heart breaking when he acted like I wasn’t there. Like I’m not even existed. At least spare a glance on me even for a second. He don’t have to say anything or smile at me, what I want just that he look at me but he didn’t do that and it hurt me like a crazy.

Yeah, I know it’s me who want to break up. I said that while the anger is raging inside and I can’t thinking straight. Now, there’s no –

“Oh Soojung, Jackson is here.” My mom greet me when I entered the house and stunned when I saw my parent were sitting in the living room with Jackson was there too.

“I’m tired. I’ll go to my room now.”

“At least talk with him first. He waited you for a long time.” My stepfather said, make me stop walking and glare at him. Thinking how bad he is still make me angry.

“I don’t ask him to wait for me.” I clenched my jaw.

“Respect your father!” My mother interrupted.

Father? Did he even deserve to be called father? I hissed, “Tell him to respect his family first before ask me to respect him.”

“Dia –“

PANG!

What?

“I didn’t teach you to be rude with your father.”

I touch my face. Still facing the stingy of being slapped by my own mother. I look at her with my sharp gaze, “Yes, you didn’t teach me that. It just come from myself. And, he’s not my father as long as he didn’t take back her own daughter.”

“Soojung, you don’t understand.” He interrupt.

“What I don’t understand?” I turn to look at him.

“The whole situation. You don’t understand the whole situation.” He answered.

“Then make me understand.” I challenge him.

“Why is it so concern for you, Soojung?” My mom interrupt. She had lowered down her voice.

“Because Jiyeon is my friend and her father still alive. She has the right to meet her father and she deserve the happiness. She had suffer before and I know how much she wanted to meet her father. So, as long as he didn’t meet her own daughter, do not claim him as my father.”

“I r –“

“Even you give me 1000 reasons though, I will not treat you as before unless you clear everything with your daughter.” I cut him off.

“Soo-“

“Okay, I will.” He replied, “Just tell me where is she, I will go meet her.”

“Sure.” I said and before I can go away, someone hold my hand, “Diana.” As I turned, it was Jackson who being silent all the time.

“What?” I glare at him.

“We’ve to talk.”

-----

JACKSON

I dragged her to walk out from her parents’ house. Even she refuse to go but, I hold her tight and to be honest my nature is stronger than she thought. So, she don’t have a choice but to follow me get into my car. Then, I walk to the driver side before close and lock the door.

I look at her as she crossed her arms and deathly stare the view in front of her which is just an empty road. I cleared my throat before start to talk, “So, what is that about?” I asked. I had no clues about what she and her parent talked about.

She’s quiet for a long time before I decide to talk again, “Babe, I’ve known everything about you. Your parent tell me everything but, this one I don’t get it. Why this including Jiyeon?”

Just, how many questions I throw to her, she just keep quiet and it’s annoyed me very much! “Diana, you know I’m talking with you, right?” My voice rise higher.

“This nothing to do with you. Don’t ask my things.” She snorted.

“Why? I still your boyfriend! And we do shares everything.” I hissed in return.

“No, we’re nothing and why is it concern for you? Don’t you have better things to do rather than investigate about me and disturb me?” She stare at me.

I my upper lips before look at her deeply, “Bull! You’re still my girlfriend and please stop all of this, okay? Just tell me already why including Jiyeon here.”

“Because my stepfather is Jiyeon’s father. Satisfied?”

WHAT? “How can that happen? Why all this time nobody know about this? Why must now?”

“I don’t know either. I just saw my stepfather’s photo in Mark’s office and when I asked he said it was Jiyeon’s father. How could we know early? Nobody ever met my stepfather yet unless you. If I know from the beginning I’ll make sure he come to his daughter’s wedding.”

“Why this sudden change attitude?” I ask. Despite he just her stepfather, but I’ve seen how Diana treat her stepfather before and it make me shock when she suddenly raise her voice at him.

“Why are so busy with my life?”

“Why? You asked me why? Because I love you, you stupid! I don’t know why I fall in love with you, I don’t have any reason for that but I do have reason to keep worrying about you and stay with you! Because I love you, don’t you understand!?” This make me frustrated, really!

“And after all the way I treat you, you keep loving me? You bastard really need to get a hit!” She hit my head with her knuckle which make me groan in pain.

“So what? This is why people called love is blind.” I reply.

“You’re the one who blind!” She hit me again. I hate this, for real!

“Stop hitting me! I can’t control my feeling!”

“You always can! Just get out from here and open your eyes to someone else. You closed you heart just for me that’s why you ing stuck with me!” No matter how many time I told her to stop hitting me, she still hit me again.

“How could you do that to me? After all the things I had done for you?” My heart softened. I lowered my voice.

“I never ask you to do such a things and I had told you that we’re break-up. I don’t want to quit this job and we can’t get married. You’re the one who want to deny all that.” Oh my heart.

“At least give the ing legit reason why you don’t want to stop!”

“I like this job. I just born to being this way.” She shrugged her shoulders as she look aside.

“You’re not born to being in this way, you was forced to be like this!”

“Then bear with this if you want to married with me.”

“Don’t you think about our future? Our future kids, your family, my family. They don’t want you to be like this.”

She sighed, “What do you want from me for real? What are we doing in this car if you’re not going to drive it? We can just talk in my house.”

“Are you going to listen me if we talk in your house?” I asked. “You not.” I continue. “I said I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and just you and me without any other contact with random men.” She’s quiet and I know she’s listening.

“To make it happen I need you to cooperate with me. I don’t ask you to do anything bad or heavy. Just quit that job, marry with me and I’ll give you happiness that you wanted. You already have better job that almost every women in this country wanted but they didn’t get it. Do you know how many people want to work in that company? It’s countless.”

“So, let me help you. I will really stand beside you in every moment you had. Just, give me the chance and listen to me. Just this time Diana. Just this time, I’m begging you.” I look at her as I finished my words.

“Come with me to see Jiyeon tomorrow.” She suddenly said.

“Huh?” I stunned. What? Jiyeon? Why her?

“You heard me. Come and fetch me at 8 am, I will wait you.” She unlocked the door and before she can walk out from my car, I grab her wrist,

“Is that mean yes? Are you going to quit that job?” I ask as I flashed my smile to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter