022

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

It’s been a while since the last time I met my dearest friends. If it wasn’t me who busy with my pregnant wife and that little princess or busy scanning all these wealthy files, it’s theirs who nearest to forget the existence of me. So, with this sudden attack at my company without bring any foods for me to eat somehow worth it because I miss them.

But, the missing of Jackson make me worried. No wonder there’s no foods because there’s no Jackson. Jackson is different. Really different. He is the most sensitive among us but he’s the first one would be concern about either of us every time we’re having a hard time. He’s nice, kind-hearted, and even sometimes he will be a by asking us to compliment him, but all that was kind of jokes. He wasn’t mean about it at all. To know him, all works that he do, and all expressions that he shows were sincere. He’s the happy virus, and he just being himself. That’s explain why there’s a lot of people like him, no matter how old they’re.

So, when he is missing somehow left me worried and make me overthinking. What’s wrong with him? Did he doing well? Did he having problems? Did he having a fever? Is he sick? All those questions were left mysteriously without an answer. And, to get to know all that, there’s one person who we can refers on, his girlfriend, Diana.

“Oh, you guys are here?” She open the door right after I said, come in and shocked to see Jaebum and Jinyoung were here too.

“Yes, we just drop by.” Jaebum replied.

“Have you eat?” Jinyoung ask as Diana take a seat beside him and Diana nodded as an answer, “I just come back from eating and Mark call me to come here.”

“Yes, do you see Jackson? Jaebum and Jinyoung can’t contact him.” I said, which make her expression change.

“He’s busy with his works.” She replied, while looking around the office, avoided to make eyes contact with me.

“He’s not a workaholic type.” I said.

“And, I remind you that he never not to answer our call.” Jaebum interrupt.

“Why? Did something happen?” Jinyoung ask.

We earn nothing as Diana decide to stay quiet as she hide something which I assume us don’t need to know but, now we’re talking about Jackson who are always concern and help us every time we face troubles so now it’s his turn and why can’t we as his best of the best friends help him?

“Tell me Diana, what really happen to him?” I asked.

“We break up so I don’t know anything about him. Don’t ask me.” She replied while show me her fake smile. She act like she didn’t hurt by that fact but she can’t lie to me. If she didn’t care, if she didn’t hurt, she should tell me early before we ask her.

And ing Jinyoung freaked out with the sudden heart breaking news, “WHAT?” His eyes widen out, “Is this the joke that he told you to tell us? Tell him that if he don’t want to meet us, he shouldn’t create this type of joke.”

“Believe or not, this is real.” She shrugged her shoulders and turn to look at me, “And why did you want to see me?”

“I want to ask about Jackson,” I reply and wake up from the couch as I head to my table which are full with the wealthy freaking frusta files, “And, this,” I move the mouse as she came beside me, “Can you help me fill in this? Based to this details.” I show her a file which contains a lot sheets of paper.

She sat on my chair and began to typing on the keyboard as I return to my place beside Jaebum, “Shall we try to call his mom?” Jaebum gave out suggestion which I disagree.

“No, if he didn’t back to there, it will only make his mom worry.” I said.

“Well, what should we do?” Jinyoung asked.

-----

JACKSON

I didn’t give her any final word yet as I really don’t know what should I do. We’re talking about relationship right now which I always take it as serious matter. I need to think carefully before make any decision and I don’t want to rush about it because I scare I might be regret later. So, for now we're still in a complicated relationship.

But, there’s a lot of questions that I’m dying to know very, very much. So, here I am. Driving 140 KM away from my house only to get in touch with her family. I might be rude to entering her family matters but I’ve to know before I get married with her. Hell, I’ve my right to know because I am her husband-to-be.

“Oh Jackson! Are you coming alone? Where’s Soojung?” Her mom greet me as soon she open the door after I knocked the door twice.

“Yes, aunty. I come alone.” I reply as I rub the back of my neck. I never come here alone before.

“Come in.” She invite me, “Soori at school. It’s only me and uncle at home.” She said.

“Am I disturbing you? I’m sorry for not telling you I would come today.” I said and seat on the couch.

“No, it’s fine. I am doing nothing after all. I just say it in case you want to meet Soori.” She reply as she show me her warmth smile.

“No, actually I want to meet you and uncle.”

“Meet us? Why?” Her father come from kitchen and I stood up as I bow to him before accept his hand to shakes and he patted my shoulder.

“Actually, there’s something I want to know about Soojung.”

“What is it?” Her mom ask as she took a seat beside her husband across me.

“I just don’t understand because few days ago she told me that her father had died. But, now in front of me is someone which she's call 'dad'. So, I get a little confuse here.” I said as I fumble my fingers together and look at them as they change look.

Crap! “Don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t my intentions to make either of you hurt or feel uncomfortable, it just she is my future wife and I just want to clear up this confusion.” I explained.

-----

MARK

We keep chatting like Diana were not exist in my office as she also didn’t interfere in our conversation. We changes a lot of stories and how Jaebum snorted at me after I tell them my wife is pregnant and not to forget, he headlock me in excuse I told them late. Just imagine, with my own mom I forget to tell, so what else with them?

And I almost forget about my own sister. I didn’t get any news from my mom after our conversation few days ago. Somehow, it make me worry. Hell, she is my only sister I’ve in my entire life. Of course I will be super-duper worried when there’s no news about her.

“Have you try to call Sara?” I ask.

“Yes, but as usual, it’s mailbox.” Jinyoung said.

“My mom didn’t tell me any news too. It’s nearly a month.” I replied. Sigh

“Did she ever did this?” Jaebum interrupt.

“No. Ma said, she ever go to campaign but she never quiet like this.”

“Mark!” A sudden girl’s voice interrupt us. Diana.

“Yes?” I turn and look at her.

“Why do you have this picture?” She ask me as she look onto small photo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter