026

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON

Mark refused me to follow him because he said I maybe tired from the long journey and I need to rest, but I really need to join this meeting this time. I want to know the whole story since Mark is the one who get every updates and since I couldn’t contact him, my father-in-law didn’t know very much like Mark. So, I’ve to follow him.

We go without telling anyone. They all are sleeping. Also, Chen said to recognize whether it’s Sara or not. He not yet confirm the identity of the body. So, let them rest some more is better. Irene is safe sleeping with her grandma. So, I don’t have to worry about her. What I scared now is about Sara.

When we arrived at the morgue of the hospital, policeman was everywhere as the place is full with tight security and his friend, Chen were talking with a few of hospital staff and some from forensic team. This sent me shiver to the spine. I often watched detective drama and can’t imagine that I face this for real now.

“Chen,” Mark call out make Chen noticed our presence.

“It’s Sara.” What?

“Show me.” I can feels Mark’s voice is shivering and I don’t know what to do. My mind is flying somewhere else.

“I don’t think you want to –“

“Just ing show me, Chen.” I grab his wrist, trying to let his anger down.

“Alright.” He lead us entering the room and he pull out one of the steel box and this is it.

This can’t be real. Her pale mouth. Her body was pale to the blue and her face full with bruise. Dry blood on her forehead. Her hair is messed. She may seems like other person but the necklace that remain around her neck prove everything. She is Sara. That dead body belong to Sara. Sara is dead.

“Are you kidding me?” His stern voice make me back to reality. “You already know this is Sara but still you make me come here!” The time I turn around, Mark already grab Chen’s shirt collar and his back was facing the wall.

“You’ve to come. This is what you searching for.” Chen calmly replied.

“I want you to bring her back alive! Not her dead body!”

“Mark –“

“You wait outside. Don’t interfere my business.” He gritted his teeth. He look scary but I don’t care Mark. This is not the time you want to let out your beast.

“If you want to fight, go do it outside. Not in front of Sara!” I push his shoulder at the same time make him let go Chen.

“I said –“

“I know but this is not the time for you to act like a bastard,” I stare at him deeply as he stare at me with his anger burning eyes, “Clean everything up and let’s bring her body back to home,” And my tears falling down, “Mama and papa are waiting for her and they expect you to bring back Sara with or without death.”

He may not expecting that I would cry because his expression changed from anger to sad as he scanned my face, “I can’t bring her body to them.”

“The police have do their best. You’ve have do the best too. Now that one last thing is let them see Sara for a last time and let her rest in peace.”

He look at me before his tears finally stream down his cheeks and he ruffles his hair as he turned around from me, “How can things turn out be like this?” He mumbles as he still can’t accept the fact.

“Now, what you want us to do?” Chen asked. I know he’s feeling guilty because can’t do his task perfectly and to be said, this is his friend’s sister.

“Who did this to her?” Mark turn around to face Chen again as he rubbed his back neck, trying to ease his sad feeling and I noticed his crying so badly. His voice changed.

“We still investigating. She was killed around 4 days ago but in other place since we didn’t see any suspicious trace near the camp site.” Chen answered.

“How can they do this to her? What they want from her?”

“We don’t know, Mark. We can’t find her phone or all her belongings not with her.”

“Don’t you contact the camp site owner? It’s near the place.” He seems calm by now but his tears still didn’t stop.

“We found her near the camp site unfortunately outside the area. No restricted and no one’s guard that place.”

And Mark didn’t reply anything as he take his way out from the room. I takes this chance to approach Chen, “I’m sorry by his behaviour.” I said as he led us to walk out from the room too. The smell isn’t that nice and with my pregnancy state, it won’t be good for me.

“It’s okay. He always like that. He don’t know how to control his anger yet. He just the same Mark Tuan I’ve ever known.”

“It’s his sister after all.” I replied.

“Yes and they really close to each other.”

“And that his only person who will hear his cursing words and a comforting person that he can share his problems.” I said again and that feeling when I feel like want to cry again. “Can we take her body to home?” I asked.

“Yes, since we already did a few test to the body to investigate some more.”

“Did you found anything other than the bruises?” I asked.

“She was . Rough and unwillingly I think.”

“Don’t tell Mark.” I said.

“As you see, I didn’t. He might being monster if he know about it.” Chen know his friend very well.

“Chen, can you help me clean her so that her parent won’t be sad when they see her? I can’t let them see her like that.”

“Sure, I got my team and we will handle. You just wait at home.” He said and I said thanks to him and he go doing his works while I walking near to my husband.

“Do you want to say anything?” I asked as I sat beside him on the chair.

He turn around as he look at me, “Can I not say anything and just let me hug you?”

Oh God… Why must this happen? Why my husband must to face all of this? What is his sins? What Sara had done that her life must ended like this?

I pull him into my hug and I can hear he was crying now. This is the first time I’ve seen his crying so bad. “I lose her. I lose my sister.” He say in crying as I continue to rub his back.

“I’m trying my best so she can make it alive but –“

“Shhh… You don’t have to explain anything. We all know you’ve do your best. Don’t say anything.” I his hair as he continue crying. He just need to let everything go.

After a while we stay in this position, he finally pull off from my embraced and he had stop crying and his nose get runny as he wiped it using his hand. He look at me a while before lifeless lean his back on the chair.

“Do you want to go home now? Chen said he will settle up everything here and bring back Sara to home.” I asked.

“I don’t want to go home.” He said slowly as his tears falling again and he wiped it using his hand.

“Honey, don’t be like this. You’ve to be strong for your mom.” And this time, my tears falling down. I can’t help but to be sad when I remember about my mother-in-law. How much she want Sara to back again and this time she will really back. In death.

“I can’t. I’m not strong.”

“Even when you can’t, you have to pretend like you’re strong. For mama and papa. For Sara. She must be sad if she saw us like this, crying for her death.” I never thought that we will talk in tears. Like, literally he’s still crying, so do I.

“What should I do then? I miss her so much but I will no longer get to see her anymore.”

“Mark…”

“You don’t understand my feelings.”

“I know. She is my sister too, honey. I feel lose too. Just like you.” I said as I wiped my tears. This is horrible. Can we turn back time?

“I don’t think I can drive back to home.” He said to me as he look at me.

I wake up from my seat and get near to Chen once again, “Chen, I’m sorry. Can I ask for your help again?”

“What is it?”

“Mark… He don’t think he can drive back home, can you or any of your team drive his car back to home?”

“Sure, I’ll drive it. We w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter