013

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE

I don't know how I ended up sleeping between my mommy and daddy. As I woke up due to shining light strike to my face, I rubbed my eyes and look both of them still sleeping soundless. So what happen with mommy will sleep alone tonight? I think she miss daddy so much just like I did.

I climbed down from bed, careful avoid to make them awake and go to downstairs. Walking slowly as zombies, I enter kitchen only to see my grandparent is eating breakfast, "Good morning!" Aunty Sara greet me while bring a plate of scrambled eggs.

"Good morning." I muttered slowly and take a seat beside my grandma.

"Hey, wash your face first and brush your teeth." Aunty Sara talked to me as she took a seat in front of me.

"I don't want to eat." I said and dropped my head on the table.

"Where's your crazy daddy bring you last night?" Grandma asked me.

Yes, daddy is crazy!

As I remember after we finished eating, daddy bring us to walk at uptown. He said he just want to spend lovely night with his daughter and his wife. But, seriously uptown?

"Uptown." I replied.

"What time you back?"

"I don't know. I think I sleep in car."

Maybe that's how I ended sleep between mommy and daddy.

"Where's your daddy. He don't know how to wake up already?" Aunty Sara asked.

"He sleep with mommy." I groaned.

Can everyone stop to ask already? I just want to sleep a while. That's all I need now.

"WHAT?" Grandma and Aunty Sara shouted at the same time.

What now?

"He still sleep with mommy." I frowned.

"This man..." Grandma hissed in irritated.

"What's wrong with this noise?"

Daddy!

I saw daddy coming and I gesture him to lift me up. He did as I told and took a seat on my chair. I ended hugging him and seat on his lap while my back facing the dining table.

Now, it's comfortable to sleep. I dropped my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

"You can't sleep with her until both of you married. Don't you know that?" I hear grandma talked.

"I didn't do anything." Daddy replied.

"Still, can't sleep together. I know you." Aunty Sara interrupt.

I hear daddy sighed, "Okay."

"Irene, let's eat." Daddy shook my body and I frowned. I just need to sleep for a while.

"Your daughter still not wash her face and brush her teeth." Aunty Sara said make me groaned in frustration.

"Come on, let's wash your face." Daddy said and he lifted me up, bring me to upstairs, inside his room.

Where is mommy?

Suddenly the bathroom door swung opened, revealing mommy who still tying her long hair.

"Morning," she muttered.

"Morning, don't go downstairs yet. Wait for me." Daddy said and bring me to enter bathroom.

Daddy help to wash my face and wiped it with clean cloth before giving me my toothbrush and I began to brush my teeth.

Soon, after I finished, daddy still lifted me up and we go downstairs only to see they were glaring to one of us. I don't know who and I don't want to know. I just want to eat and sleep afterward.

"What about your marriage?" Grandma asked while daddy put a toast in my plate.

"I don't want this." I frowned.

"What do you want?" Mommy take over me while daddy is answering grandma, "Go on."

"So, where's your friends?"

I pointed out a tuna sandwich and mommy grabbed it and put it in my plate.

"They will come today." Daddy replied as he took a sip of hot coffee.

"Mark, no more cancel. We had make the bookings and everything is ready. Do not make any troubles anymore." I hear grandpa warned daddy and I can only shrugged my shoulder.

"But I've question," suddenly mommy interrupt.

"What is it?" Grandma asked while smiling. She's indeed my lovely grandma!

"Who will walk me down the aisle?"

And everyone gasped, but then, "Don't worry about that, Jiyeon. I can walk you down the aisle." A familiar voice hit the whole family who is having breakfast.

"Uncle Jackson!" I exclaimed in excitement.

He enter the kitchen while struggling pushing his luggage. Followed by Uncle Jinyoung and Aunty Diana, and last Uncle Jaebum. He stopped a while and catches his breath, "God damn it, Mark! Where's your phone?" He's getting irritated.

"Upstairs. What's up?" Daddy greet his friends and they soon took a seat on dining table, joining the family.

"Sorry, but I need water. Don't what's up what's up with me." Uncle Jackson said and Aunty Sara giving out them a glass of juice.

"Are you running?" Daddy asked as he saw his friends was panted and sweating was all over their faces.

"What's with 'call me when you landed, I will pick up' thing? And, the taxi stopped by at the main road, we need to walks down to here. Do you know how far it is?" Uncle Jackson didn't stop talking even though he was barely to breathe.

"I don't know you guys would be landed so soon." Daddy replied.

Uncle Jackson snickered, "Look, Mark. Is this a part of game? This is your wedding and you wanted to have fun by using us?"

"What are you talking about?" Daddy shook his head.

"First, you cancel your wedding and told us not to come but after 16 hours, you said your wedding is going on, told us to make rushing flight. Is this a jokes?" Uncle Jinyoung getting annoyed too.

My grandparent chuckled when they heard their son's friends actually getting exhausted with his behaviour and letting out all while he just getting nagged from his parent a while ago.

"My fault, okay? And, I am sorry." Daddy said as he reminds whole things that happen yesterday.

"I don't care what is it but I take sudden leave for a week on my company and Diana has passed her form to take sudden leave too for a week and just need your approval, you must approve it no matter what." Uncle Jackson explained make daddy gasped.

"A week? Who's going to handle my company when I and she’s not in there?"

"It's not that only you and her working there. Besides, she deserved it." Uncle Jaebum interrupt.

"What's the occasion?" Mark asked about his sudden confession.

"We're staying her for a week after your wedding day!" Uncle Jinyoung said while smiling and take the sandwich that Aunty Sara handed to him.

"What?" Daddy getting shocked, so do I.

"We want to have our vacation here and decide to not stay in hotel, we will vacant your big house for a week along with 4 meals a day package. Other than that, we will handle it." Uncle Jackson said.

"This is my wedding." Daddy almost whispered.

"We know and this is the chances for us having fun here for a while." Uncle Jaebum stated.

"Yeay! So I can have my free times with Uncle Jackson!" I clapped my hands.

"Yes! We will handle Irene and giving you space to go honeymoon with your wife!" Uncle Jackson said, getting excited too.

Daddy rounded his eyes, "No, because I'm taking her with me too." Daddy said.

Uncle Jackson frowned in return, "Whose on earth bring their child’s to honeymoon, Mark?"

"Me, and she can't even separate with me for 2 weeks."

"Mark, don't you heard just now, we only stay here for a week. That's mean we'll giving you only a week to go honeymoon with your wife and have lovey-dovey scenes before you take Irene together back with you." Uncle Jackson explained with his dramatic expression, earned chuckled from me.

"Oh great! Since I've 3 days leave for this ceremony, I will join the group by then." Aunty Sara exclaimed earned a smile from Uncle Jinyoung.

"She's my sister!" Daddy throw a napkin to Uncle Jinyoung as he noticed how Uncle Jinyoung look at his sister.

"Ma, what about double marriage? Mark and Jiyeon, Sara and Jinyoung?" Uncle Jackson asked make grandma chuckled in return.

"Oh, what about triple marriage? Including you and Diana." Grandpa said make we all burst out laughter, making Uncle Jaebum frowned.

"Irene, you have to partner up with me." Uncle Jaebum sighed make our laugh even louder.

 

-----

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter