023

A Wife For My Dad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARK

I just finished take a shower when my wife enter the room with something in her hands, “What is it?” I asked.

“This,” she handed out a silver necklace, “I put it in your wardrobe before we got married but seems like you didn’t noticed it.”

“And?”

“What and? This is for you! Take it.” She fussed the necklace over my bare chest. I take from her hands and scanned the long silver chain, “I am sorry, it might be cheap but I always want to see you wear it.” She said.

“Why?” I asked as I look at her.

“What do you mean by why? Do I a need reason to give you something?” She frowned.

I chuckled in return, “I mean, why necklace? You can simply give me necktie or maybe shirt or wallet. Why must this?”

“Be – Because I – think, you’ll look y if you wear that.” She flustered by her own words.

“You mean I didn’t look y enough?” I furrowed my eyebrow.

“No! Not that.” She shook her head, “It just… I bought it with my first salary when I was working in that restaurant and I always want my husband to wear this. It seems hot and y.” She said. My wife could be unpredictable sometimes.

“Baby,” I her hair and tucked her hair behind her ear, “You know, my flight is in 2 hours and if you –“

“Stop it! Hurry up and wear your clothes.” She slapped my chest.

“It’s not my fault. You should stop seducing me.” I defence myself. It’s true! She should stop all of it while I can control my hormone. You can’t even imagine how y she look like when she’s being cute and flustered by her own words.

“Whatever. I’m waking up Irene.” Before she could go, I pull her hand, “Do it for me.” I show her the silver necklace. “You can always do it by yourself.” She mumbled as she put the necklace around my neck.

“Will you be fine here?” I asked as cupped her face using my right hand.

“Of course.” Click “You don’t have to be super worried.” And she pinched my nose after done doing her work.

“You’re pregnant.”

“So what if I am pregnant?” She widen her eyes.

“You need someone to take care of you.” I near my face to her as I hold her waist.

“I’m not a kid anymore, Mark. I know how to take care of myself.” She frowned in annoyance.

“But there’s my son here.”

She chuckled as I rub her still flat stomach, “You do not know the gender yet!”

“I’ve feeling.”

“What if it’s girl?”

“Then, Irene will get her gang to play and we both have time to try again on getting son.” I smile.

“Stop being ert!” She slapped my chest again as I laughed. “You really!”

“I will miss you. Why don’t you just come and follow me?” I asked right after I stop to laugh.

“Oh God, Mark, it just going to be 2 days. You don’t have to be very touching.”

“Right!” I move away from her as I take my shirt that she had prepare on the bed, “I just need to sleep and wake up and sleep and wake up before I get to see you again.” I feel a fingers brushed over my hand as I wearing my shirt.

“I will call you every day.” She help buttoned up my shirt.

“Nope! I’ll be busy. I won’t answer you.” And I walk away before she could finished buttoned up my shirt and I folded my sleeve.

“Honey –“

“I couldn’t contact Jackson and Jinyoung will come with me. So, Jaebum is the one who will watch over you two. He will send Irene to school and take her to home. Anything you need just ask him –“ I said as I walk back and forth in the room. Trying to make myself busy before she cut me off.

“I can handle all that.” She stopped in front of me and hold my arm as I avoid her gaze, “Don’t be like this. If Irene didn’t have school, I swear I will follow you.”

“She can always skip her classes for emergency matter like this.” I hissed. This is annoying.

“She can’t skip her lesson. LA and Korea are not like Korea and Japan. You’ve to understand that.”

“Her aunty is missing!”

“I know and Sara will be fine. Police will get to find her and Irene will get to see her aunty in 2 days.”

“Daddy…” A voice interrupt before I could reply, “Where are you going?” My daughter get into my room and stand beside my wife.

“I’m going back to LA.” I said as I kneel down in front of her and her messy hair.

“Why?” She asked. Sigh. What should I say to her? Telling her that her aunty was missing is not the right thing at all. But, I shouldn’t lie either.

“Aunty Sara having problem right now. She need me to help her.” I guess this is the best one.

“Can I follow you? I want to help her too.” She said.

How much I want you to come with me baby unfortunately, mommy didn’t allow you to come with me, “No, you’ve classes to attend.”

“But, -“

“No baby,” I stood up, “You will come later with uncle Jaebum after you finish your classes.”

“Mommy?”

I shrugged my shoulders and walk away as I take my luggage, “Depend on her. If she want to come then she will go with you and uncle Jaebum later.”

“Mark –“

“Go and take a shower now. I’ve to go now. Uncle Jaebum will send you to school today.” I cut her off as I kissed my daughter’s forehead and walk out from the room.

“Mark…”

“You don’t have to explain anything. I know you just want the best for Irene.” I said as I bring my luggage to downstairs while my wife tagged along behind me.

“Can you listen to me first?” She pull my hand and I stop to walk, right at the last stairs as she look at me. But, me being me. I avoid her gaze. “Honey, I really want to go with you. But, we’ve to sacrifice sometimes for our future. I promise I’ll come fast as soon Irene come back from school.”

“Don’t be like this.” She begged me when I didn’t say anything.

“Okay, I will go now. Take care.” I kissed her lips before I walk out from the house. There’s no way I can resist her soft lips. Better go now or else I will just drag two of them to follow me.

JIYEON

I stunned when he just left right after he kissed my lips. I couldn’t even get to taste his lips. Did I do wrong? I don’t think I was wrong because I definitely put Irene in the first place here. She have to -

“Mommy…” I turned and look at a little girl who was standing there with towel wrapped around her body.

“Irene, let’s get you ready now. Uncle Jaebum will come by anytime.” I walk to her and walk side by side with my daughter to her room.

IRENE

“Mommy, will you come with me to LA?” I asked her as she comb and tie up my hair neatly.

“Of course I will.” She replied.

“Do you know what happen to Aunty Sara?” I really curious about this.

“No. I don’t know. Daddy didn’t tell me.”

“Are you okay with daddy?” And, she look at me before show me her smile, “Of course I am. Now you’re ready. Let’s go to eat breakfast.” She drag me to downstairs while holding my hand with her right hand and my bag pack on her l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter