Getting Ready

Writing About Love

    Yoongi jumped up and ran over to Namjoon, ing his phone screen in front of the elder’s eyes. “What am I supposed to do? What do I say?” Namjoon laughed in response.

    “First you should probably answer it. Weren’t you just saying how your chance to talk to him was taken away? So pick it up. Talk to him.” Yoongi took his advice and answered with a shaky hello.

    “Yoon-Yoongi?” Jimin sounded just as scared of this as he was.

    “Yeah, Jimin?”

    “I was worried you wouldn’t have my number anymore. Or that you changed yours.” Yoongi hadn’t just in case Jimin ever called him or he finally caved and called the other boy himself.

    “Uh… No, this is still me.” He heard a lot of background noise on the other side of the line but he couldn’t make out quite what it was.

    “Would you maybe want to meet up somewhere? I know you probably are still mad at me but I really just want to clear the air, I guess.” Yoongi had never heard Jimin sound so broken before. Even when he was crying the night before he still had some fight left in his voice and he made it quite clear how he felt about Yoongi. Jimin was always the self-assured one who knew what he wanted to be doing and how he wanted to go about doing it.

    “Yeah, Jimin. When and where?”

    “I was hoping you’d pick. I’m free whenever but I know you can be picky about going out and… yeah.” Yoongi tried not to be offended. He was kind of particular about his routine places but it was more going to a place he was comfortable in and Jimin knew exactly where those places were. Yoongi hoped it was just him being courteous and not that he really had forgotten all of the memories they had made at Yoongi’s favorite places.

    “Why don’t we meet up in a few hours at the train station near your house. We can talk about where to go from there.”

    “Okay. Is 5 okay?” Yoongi grabbed Namjoon’s arm to check the time on his watch and got a yelp of surprise for his efforts.

    “Yeah, that works.” He tried to contain all of the feelings running rampant inside his brain and sound as normal as possible without sounding disinterested.

    “Cool. And Yoongi?”

    “Hm?”

    “I’m looking forward to it.” The line clicked dead and Yoongi took a shaky breath and curled his fingers tighter around Namjoon’s wrist he still had captive.

    “I’m going to meet him at 5.”

    “Well good for you, can I please have my writing hand back?” Namjoon looked more amused than displeased and he let out a chuckle when Yoongi dropped his hand as if it were infected and went to throw himself back down on the couch. “Shouldn’t you get ready?”

    “I still have like 5 hours, Joon. Three of those are going to be spent napping. I have to prepare.” He pulled his hat low over his eyes and Namjoon sighed with a smile on his face. It was so much nicer to see his friend worked up over something than moping about and working non-stop. He understood the need to distract oneself but the way Yoongi had gone about things was detrimental to his health. Namjoon wished he was better at getting Yoongi to come home or doing simple household things to make their lives easier but between school and working for the same label Yoongi was, it was hard to make the time slow down enough to cram everything he wanted to do into it.

    He sent a text to Hoseok letting him know that he was at the office because he knew his rowdy partner was due back at the apartment in a few minutes and he didn’t want him to freak out. Hoseok was a very protective and loving partner and Namjoon wished he could get the man to agree to be his partner in more than just actions. For someone who was so overbearing he needed to know Namjoon’s every move he didn’t really let that much of himself be seen. It had taken a few months alone just to get Hoseok to open up about why he didn’t want a real relationship and though Namjoon understood not wanting to get hurt, he knew that if Hoseok left him he would be just as torn up as he would over a boyfriend leaving him. They had been together for almost a year at this point, he didn’t understand why Hoseok still pushed him away sometimes.

    For being so smart, he felt lost when dealing with his personal life. He was glad Yoongi wasn’t one to push the subject though. It was bad enough trying to come to terms with Hoseok’s refusal sometimes, he didn’t want to have to explain it to his best friend and make him suspicious about his partner’s intent. Yoongi may seem uncaring but Namjoon knew if he were to get hurt, Yoongi would throw himself right into the mix and take out whatever or whoever dared lay a finger on him or his emotions. Everything was fine as long as he didn’t push a title out of Hoseok and that was the way it was going to stay for as long as Namjoon could see.

    He looked over at the sleeping form on his couch and a smile took over his features. There was once a time when he longed for Yoongi but he was glad they ended up as brothers rather than lovers. For two people so dedicated to their work it would’ve been a very trying relationship. Yoongi needed someone who would encourage him and support him and entice him to set aside his unhealthy habits, not someone who would be just as bad and egg him deeper into the hole. He needed someone like Jimin. That was originally why Namjoon had cornered Jimin in their kitchen that day. He knew there was the possibility of Yoongi overhearing but he thought they wouldn’t worked past it a lot faster than that. He wanted to be mad at Jimin for giving up and shoving Yoongi away so quickly but he realized if it was anyone’s fault they grew apart, it was his.

    He turned back to his homework in front of him before blocking out anymore thoughts down that path. He had blamed himself for long enough, he didn’t want to work himself up and not be able to focus on what was at hand. He wanted to go home when Yoongi left to get ready so he could support him so he had approximately 3 hours to complete his report and start on some of his mathematics. Why he would need mathematics for a music degree, he would never know but he would set out to do his best regardless.

    When Yoongi awoke later it was because the sun was coming through the window aimed straight at his eyelids and the rays were giving him a pounding headache. He shielded his eyes and shifted so he could see Namjoon sitting at the same place he was earlier.

    “Joon, what time is it?”

    “It’s only about two-forty. You still have twenty minutes to sleep if you want to.” He didn’t even look up to address him.

    “It’s okay, I think the sun has different ideas.” He sat up and stretched his arms above his head before pulling his phone out of his pocket and checking the messages. A few from some acquaintances and a reminder about a song he was due to finish but nothing important. He a game and fiddled around on it, trying to pass a level he had been stuck on for a week until Namjoon began packing up his supplies and organizing things back into a neat pile.

“Why do you keep this place immaculate but our house looks like trash?”

“I can’t work in a place that is messy. Does your studio resemble our house? Last time I was in there it was just as clean as I keep it here.” Yoongi shrugged and figured Namjoon was right. Sometimes instant noodle bowls or notebooks piled up but he was quick to put a stop to any building messes as they happened when it concerned his equipment and working space.

They walked back to their apartment in relative silence, both feeling comfortable with each other enough that they didn’t need to fill the air with pointless conversation. Both of their minds were on other things and that was okay. Yoongi took note of all the commotion going on around them putting up Christmas decorations and Namjoon took stock of all the things he needed to accomplish once he got home so he could get started writing again.

When they reached the apartment, Yoongi maneuvered around Hoseok who was blocking the hallway and went into his room. He wasn’t about to confront the other man because he really needed to get ready and head out. Being early wouldn’t be a bad thing as long as he dressed warmly and he had enough time to throw in a load of clothes while he showered. He began humming the latest track he had been working on to himself as he gathered everything he needed before he ambled towards the bathroom. He could hear arguing and he sighed but let them be. It always happened on days he and Namjoon went out together and he had a sinking suspicion it linked back to him but Namjoon always brushed it off the next day and insisted he was happy so he let it slide.

He was getting ready to confess to Jimin and he needed to look his best without looking like he was trying too hard. He hoped things would still be easy between them but part of him understood that was wishful thinking and that he needed to prepare a bit more than just “I like you”. He set to work after pressing play on his bluetooth speaker and let the music take over his senses to calm him down. It would go fine. He would see Jimin happy again, Taehyung be damned.

 

----------------------------------------------

Do you want to see what Hoseok and Namjoon were arguing about in a filler chapter tomorrow or just jump straight into Jimin's side of things?