Roommates

Writing About Love

A/N: I've updated twice in the last 24 hours so make sure you're at the right spot before reading on~ Enjoy!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin was with Taehyung. It didn’t surprise him in the least but he still felt his blood boiling. He stormed towards Jin and pushed the sandy-haired man back into the store without watching Jimin be dragged off by his boyfriend. He knocked a table over once inside and grabbed onto a chair, ready to throw that as well, but Jin wrapped his arms around him. He was so sure Jimin would come back to him, at least to let him explain things and finally work out what was between them. He felt like a lost piece of himself had finally come home when he was holding Jimin and letting him cry it all out at first. If he was so happy with Taehyung then why did he cry in the first place when he saw him? This all made him so frustrated that he didn’t even hear Jin’s soft mumblings into the crook of his neck. He turned around abruptly and Jin’s hands dropped from around him in the process.

    “You’re good at these kinds of things. You watch dramas all the time and give out advice no one ever wants. So give it to me now. I want it.”

    “First you should sit down and calm down.” He moved to follow the instruction but Jin put a hand on his arm. “Actually, first you should fix the table.” Jin’s smile was sweet and Yoongi rolled his eyes before righting everything and dropping into the metal chair.

    “Go on, guru.”

    “I think you should just go home and talk to Joon. I can give you all the advice in the world but I don’t actually know Jimin. He looked pretty torn up and his friend definitely looked unique. Are you sure they are together? It didn’t look reciprocated at all.” Yoongi thought back to all the times he had seen the two together and how Taehyung would always be touching Jimin no matter what. They could be sitting on opposite sides of the couch with three people between them and Taehyung would always find a way to pass things to him or to strike up a conversation that only he and Jimin could follow.

    “They’ve always been close. I’ve walked in on them rubbing off on each other before. I don’t doubt it at all.” At that point a customer walked through the door so Jin stood up and adjusted his vest before giving Yoongi a pained look.

    “Go home and sleep. Wake up and talk to Joon and then call me after a hot shower. You need to take care of yourself before you start making rash decisions.” Yoongi snorted and stood to follow him towards the counter.

    “When have you ever seen me make a rash decision?”

    “Always. You make up your mind about something in ten seconds and you won’t see anyone else’s point of view.” The group of teens had made their selections so Yoongi chose not to respond, rather he threw a hand up in resignation and also goodbye before making his way back outside.

    He pulled his phone from his back pocket and checked the messages. When he saw there was only a message from Namjoon clearing him to come home for the night he sighed. Part of him was hoping Jimin might try and contact him but no such luck. What would I have said if we had talked? On the walk home he thought about all the possibilities that could have happened had he followed through with any of the speeches he had prepared after thinking about this for days months prior. He'd probably just have made a fool out of himself.

Yoongi was so wrapped up in his thoughts he ended up home with little to no recollection of how he ended up there. His TMoney card was clutched tightly in his hand and he faintly remembered bumping into an older lady but he was at a loss beyond that. He turned the key and was met with a sight he never wanted to see in his life. Namjoon’s back was to him but Hoseok’s face was still visible over his shoulder and he looked blissed out pressed against the wall of their entryway. Neither one heard the door or bothered to stop and Yoongi counted his blessings that it seemed both were still mostly clothed. He had seen all of his roommate before and heard some of his more passionate lovemaking sessions but that didn't ease the discomfort he felt at seeing him rutting into his longtime boyfriend's leg. He assumed Hoseok had been on his way out of the door when they took the opportunity to give each other an enthusiastic parting gift. Namjoon’s head tossed backwards and Yoongi cringed as a moan filled the space between them.

”Care to take that back to your room?” He tried to keep up his distant mask but was almost positive his voice was higher than usual. Both of the lovebirds continued on, not paying him any attention. A sigh escaped his lips before he slipped off his shoes and briskly took off for his room. Once there, he could still hear them going and it seemed to be escalating. He tried to put a towel in between the door and his floor but it did little to muffle the moans. “ Joonie, I swear to god if you don’t take that to your room or somewhere else I will spike your drinks with before you go to work for a week straight.” He yelled it as loud as he could manage and felt considerably better.

The noises moved further away and his pent up frustration at both them and Jimin felt like it had dissipated a bit. He moved to plug in his headphones to his desktop he hardly used and set to work. Originally, he had planned to just go home and pass out but he was too tightly wound up to close his eyes. He was worried that when he closed his eyes he’d see Jimin wrapped around Taehyung.

Maybe if I had just been persistent in trying to talk to him when it all happened. He knew he could’ve stopped by the dance studio Jimin practiced at or even had one of their friends intervene but he really just wanted Jimin to come to him by his own accord. He knew Jimin shut down and either took off or became a stubborn prat when someone tried to corner him and he didn’t want to risk alienating the other boy further. Not that it ended up much better than his worst scenarios. Possibly the only upside was that Jimin still cared enough to cry and he’d rather not think of tears as a good thing.

The next time he looked at the clock it was already 7 o'clock in the morning. Time always slipped between his fingers when he was working on a song but he had really meant to sleep. His entire foray had been ruined and felt kind of useless. He had tweaked a few songs and started his daily lyrics sets but it would’ve been better to stay at the studio with all of his equipment to work. A knock startled him as he was putting the finishing touches on his third lyric set. It was something he took pride in, jotting down at least a few lines to tunes he’d come up with throughout the day just to make sure he didn’t get too narrow minded on a single song while also getting practice in.

“Yoongi, I know you’re up. I heard the seal on your red bull break.” Yoongi glanced down at his drink that felt somehow traitorous since it had outed him. “Come on, I just want to apologize for whatever you saw last night. Let me take you out.” He lifted his hands up above his head and stretched before cracking his neck. Let Namjoon suffer a few moments of silence.

“Alright. Let me change.” He shed his hoodie he had acquired at some point throughout the night and took a look at himself in the mirror. There were already sounds of Namjoon getting ready through their paper-thin walls and he debated about taking a shower for a moment. Jimin had been right about one thing, he looked like . Namjoon made the decision for him though when he burst through the door wearing only his boxers.

“Have you seen my A$AP shirt?” He waved his toothbrush through the air as if it would emphasize his question but Yoongi was well aware of what the article of clothing looked like. Namjoon might as well live in the thing.

“Yeah, it’s in the shoe closet.” Namjoon looked as if he was going to question the odd placement but instead he opted for just a shrug.

“Hurry up. I’m ready to go.” Yoongi’s brows rose to his hairline but he just took off the shirt stained with Jimin’s tears the previous night and replaced it with a long sleeve one of the same color. His wardrobe used to be just black and white but Jimin had slowly filled it with other colors he had either purchased or left behind in wake of his showers and nights spent in Yoongi’s bed until it included a variety of blues, greys, and greens that apparently brought out his eyes. Really, Jimin’s feelings should have been obvious way before the actual confession but he supposed he was just too caught up in his own world trying to mask his own. He couldn’t find a clean pair of pants and drew a breath in, trying not to be irritated. It was his own fault he didn’t do laundry often.

The two years with Jimin were really the only time that the apartment stood a chance against the combined forces of Namjoon and Yoongi’s creative yet destructive habits. He had felt himself being domesticated back then and he had no problem laying back and contributing even less than he had previously had. Too bad it came to bite him in the now.

Within a few more minutes, Yoongi was out the door. He had pushed his hair back beneath a cap and thrown on a jacket that was a bit too big but still did it’s job of keeping the cold at bay. Namjoon kept the conversation flowing and Yoongi felt himself de-stress as they neared their destination. Joon stuck to proverbs like an elderly man and got caught up in philosophy and other abstract subjects that Yoongi never cared about but somehow, through Namjoon, he found himself enjoying the walk. It always ended up like that and he contemplated telling Namjoon he sounded like Jin but he learned a long time ago that Hoseok and Jin didn’t really get along and it was a sore spot for his best friend.

They found a spot available in the corner of a local cafe and Yoongi felt all of his worries about Jimin come flooding back. It was time for him to figure out just how much Namjoon knew and how his roommate could help fix the shattered pieces he should have stopped caring about months ago. Originally, this crush for Jimin had been put off as a bit of hormones and lust but even Yoongi, the man who had never had a relationship before, knew that seeing him after so long shouldn’t have affected him as much as it did. Joonie sat up and steeled himself for the long run as Yoongi drew a breath and started recounting the tale over steaming mugs of coffee.