Consoling

Writing About Love

“Hoseok broke up with me.”

“If I hadn’t put that together before I got here, I sure did when I saw you assaulting Jin.” Yoongi tried not to roll his eyes but there were so many emotions rolling through him he just defaulted into the persona he was the most used to. He received a glare from Namjoon in return but it didn’t faze him. “What I want to know is why it took 12 hours to break up and why you look like a part of a gang.”

“He didn't want to talk at first. We just layed down on my bed and slept for a bit. Or at least, I did. When I woke up he looked like he’d been crying. He told me all about how he'd been thinking about us and how he wasn't going to deny that we had something. Had as in past tense because ending it means there has to be something to end I guess.”

“Did he tell you why?”

“There were probably 15 reasons he listed. I don’t know. They were all pretty much bull and I told him that.”

“Does he at least look as bad as you? I know dancers are pretty strong but you went to boxing classes with me in high school. You should at least know how to defend yourself.”

“It wasn’t him I fought with. I tore up the house while he was there and he tried to calm me down but I wouldn’t until he started kissing me.”

“Please tell me you didn’t, Joon.” Yoongi didn’t even want to hear the next part but he sat through it anyway.

“Why does it matter? I thought maybe he had really slept with Jungkook and that’s why he was leaving. If I could show him I was better than Jungkook then he wouldn’t leave. It made sense until I sat down and thought about it.”

“So after roughing it out and then, I assume, getting into a fight with someone on the way here, you still felt the urge to freak Jin out more than he probably already was seeing you looking like such .”

“I don’t know what I was thinking.” Namjoon was making taking his side in this whole thing incredibly hard and it made Yoongi wonder if he could just go home and lay down with Jimin and not pick any sides at all. Deep down he knew that he'd always pick Namjoon, he sure as hell had always picked Yoongi, but it didn't make right this minute any easier to deal with.

“I don’t even care to hear your thinking anymore. I’m going to go comfort Jin. Finish cleaning yourself up and then put up what you can. I know you don’t know where goes here but I’ll get it all if you just pack it away. A washcloth is in the hallway closet next to the room you were in.

“Thank you, Yoongi. I’m sorry I tried to run like that.” Yoongi just hauled himself off of the couch and clapped him on the shoulder where it looked the cleanest and kept walking towards Jin’s room. He knocked but didn’t get an answer.

“Jin, I’m coming in one way or another. It’s Yoongi.” It took a few more moments before the handle turned but it only cracked a bit. Yoongi pushed it open the rest of the way and sighed. Jin was already curled back up under his comforter and looking like a small child with his wide eyes rimmed in red. The armor he had put around his emotions to deal with Namjoon melted away at seeing how vulnerable Jin looked and it only took a moment for him to reach the edge of Jin’s refuge.

“I see how well you’re holding up. Wanna talk about it?”

“Not really.” Jin turned brown eyes towards the ceiling and sighed. “Actually, yeah.”

“You know, in advance, I’m terrible at comforting people.” That got him a smile.

“I know. It’s my forte.” Yoongi reached a hand out curled it around Jin’s.

“I’m here.”

“You’re there for Namjoon too though.”

“I’m starting to reconsider that.” Jin rolled his eyes and Yoongi tried to sound offended. “That’s my signature. You can’t have it.”

“You can keep it. I just think it’s funny that you could possibly believe you guys would survive a fight with each other.”

“Why are we talking about me?”

“How much did you hear before you said something?” Yoongi decided this conversation would be easier if they weren’t looking at each other. He let go of Jin’s hand for a moment until he readjusted his body so he was laying on top of the comforter but still parallel with the other occupant. They silently stayed in their positions just thinking for a while before Yoongi let out a breathy sigh. Jin may not seem it but he was just as stubborn as Yoongi and they could’ve carried the silence a lot longer before one of them cracked.

“You guys were talking about me. You know it’s not his fault Jimin and I fought.”

“I just wanted him to hurt.”

“He deserved it.” Jin elbowed him in the side.

“You’re supposed to encourage us to apologize to each other and be friends again.” Yoongi lolled his head to the side to look at him.

“You already know you’ll eventually do that. Why not make him wait? He was in the wrong in the first place and he needs someone to kick his like that every once in awhile. He hasn’t been the same Joonie we all love for a long time.”

“He’s obviously still at least halfway decent. You’re still there.”

“I didn’t say he wasn’t Joon anymore. Just that he’s a bit different. I think you’ll be able to bring him around though.”

“He actively ignored me for several months. What makes you think he won’t keep doing it?”

“He’s inherently a good guy. He’ll come around and apologize and then you just have to keep trying really. Maybe he’ll be a bit embarrassed but if you stick around long enough I think he’ll realize he didn’t just try and kiss you because he’d kiss anyone. He kissed you just now and ignored you for so long because he couldn’t tell Hoseok spending time with you meant nothing because he’d be lying.”

“He already said that once.”

“Well maybe he meant it.”

“You might be better at consoling people than you think you are.”

“Don’t tell Jimin.” Jin smiled at him and nodded. Eventually they’d rejoin the world outside again but right now they were content to stay in the comfort of the massive bed and talk away their worries.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Don't think everything's worked out just yet ;)