Hospital

Writing About Love

Jin was running on autopilot by the time he pulled into the hospital’s emergency lane. Later, he wouldn’t be able to tell people what had happened on the ride there besides Yoongi’s comforting murmuring in the background, soothing them all as it drifted from the backseat. Jimin was brought back to them after only a few minutes and he curled against Yoongi for support while Tae’s head laid in his lap.

Namjoon was the one who ended up carrying Taehyung into the emergency room as Jimin was still shaky on his feet and Jin wasn’t near as strong as he liked to pretend and carrying Jimin earlier had been a strain. He was sure they looked a right sight, Namjoon still sporting bruises and bandages, Jimin hardly able to walk propped against Yoongi and himself looking two sheets to the wind but when two nurses rushed over he assured them it wasn’t too much of an emergency. They just needed to see what was wrong with Taehyung and then a good rest afterwards.

After a few skeptical questions they were left well enough alone to contemplate what was happening behind the closed door that stood between them and Taehyung. He didn’t care if the hospital assumed they were related to a gang, as long as they fixed his newfound friend.

The air was tense with unspoken explanations and apologies. Jimin hadn’t been able to give much information before falling into a fitful sleep against Namjoon since Yoongi had to make a few calls to insure his appearance in the hospital didn’t get out to the public and the last thing he needed if someone photographed him here was for them to capture the looks he and Jimin exchanged while leaned against each other. When he came back he sat next to Jin and stared off unseeing.

“Yoongi, what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know, what could possibly be wrong?” He didn’t even spare Jin a glance and the other boy knew he should have seen it coming.

“Yoongs.” He tried to muster up all the authority he had felt when he was mad earlier but he knew he fell short when Yoongi just turned and raised an eyebrow.

“I’m fine, okay. It just wasn’t fun to wake up to all of this right after Namjoon decided to be a royal git.” A glare was shot from the seats across from them but Namjoon knew better than try to justify his actions when emotions were still running high. Jin tried to accept his excuse and closed his eyes.

His nerves were frayed but he didn’t want to miss any updates that came out. Still, sleep was trying to overtake him. When it did, it was fitful and didn’t provide much rest but it passed the time quicker and provided a release from all of the thoughts that plagued him. He didn’t understand what was taking them so long just to diagnose a simple anxiety attack and it worried all of them.

It was another two hours before they heard anything and when they did, it wasn’t much. A nurse came out from the door and with one look she had all three of them on their feet and walking towards her. She looked harried and ready to snap but she seemed quelled by their combined attention.

“He’ll be okay. I’m sorry no one has been out to notify you but as you knew it wasn’t an emergency to begin with, it was assumed you would understand about the demands of other patients.”

“Yeah, after the first hour we definitely thought absolutely nothing was wrong.” Namjoon elbowed Yoongi even though he thought much the same.

“Our attention has been really divided today what with wrecks and-”

“Can we go see our friend?” The nurse pursed her lips and stared at Yoongi.

“If you see fit to act that way, no. He doesn’t need too much stress and in my professional opinion, you would see to it that the boy collapsed again.” She turned to storm off but Jin caught her arm.

“Look, we’ve been out here worried about Taehyung for almost 5 hours. I’m sorry if he offended you but I think it’s understandable why we would be upset at you guys neglecting to update us.”

“It wasn’t my decision though. Getting mad at me will only hinder your chances to see him.”

“If you don’t let us see him we’ll file an official complaint and make your life hell with requests.” Jin shot Namjoon an incredulous look but Namjoon kept a straight face and ignored him. “Hate us all you want. Go talk at the nurse’s station but let us see him and we’ll leave you alone. I’m not going to play nice if you don’t.” She rolled her eyes.

“You guys are so dramatic. Here’s the card with the room number. I’m assuming you can read the signs to get to it.”

Jimin grabbed it and Jin rushed a thank you before falling in behind the group. It was on another floor altogether and they chose to climb the stairs rather than wait for the elevator. They were told to slow down several times but it was always disregarded until they crowded around the entrance to Taehyung’s room. The door was open and voices drifted out.

“When will they be up here? You’ve prodded at me enough I think.”

“Sir, you just have to sit still for a few more minutes. We already sent someone for them.”

“I think this is our cue.” Namjoon pushed Jimin in first and he looked back as if seeking reassurance before facing his best friend.

Taehyung had an oxygen mask around his neck that wasn’t doing any good and it was probably what the doctor looked so disgruntled at. He looked perfectly healthy sitting there with his legs crossed if not for the mask and an IV tube hooked up to each arm.

“Hey guys,” he smiled his boxy smile and Jimin launched himself at Taehyung before the doctor could think of saying something against it. He just sputtered instead before rolling his eyes and warning them to be careful of his IV’s. A moment later he walked out and Jin followed to get instructions and discharge information but the two left didn’t notice.

Yoongi and Namjoon felt awkward being privy to a moment this intense but Yoongi wanted to be there for his lover and Namjoon didn’t want to alienate the two he was sure to see more of now. All their worries were taken away when the boys separated for a moment and turned their smiles towards the two standing.

    “Sit down, I have a lot to tell you guys and it’s not all good,” He grimaced but continued, “but I’ll be okay.” Taehyung grabbed Jimin’s hand as he climbed down from the bed and onto the arm of the chair Yoongi pulled closer and they stayed like that, basking in each other’s presence until Jin came back with a clipboard and a manila envelope.

    “Start the story now Tae.” Jimin gave his hand a squeeze and Jin a reassuring nod before he began.

    “It really all comes back to my dad....”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm back from my holiday break! Hope you enjoy this chapter and forgive me for starting out the year with a hospital scene. Who's point of view do you want next?