Gardens

Writing About Love

Yoongi stared at his phone as it powered off. He had been so excited about seeing Jimin he hadn’t even thought to plug in his phone though it hadn’t seen a charger in a few days. He hoped his messages went through as he tucked the device into his backpack before slinging it back over his shoulder. He was sure he looked like a student but he had to take advantage of inspiration as it came so he often toted around the backpack that held his laptop and a few notebooks safe. He thought about dragging one out now but he might miss seeing Jimin and his telltale mint hair was tucked back underneath a beanie so it wouldn’t be quite so easy to spot him with his nose buried in lyric-work.

    He shifted back and forth on his feet trying to calm himself down and mentally going over all the things Namjoon had told him in the months previously trying to calm him down for this moment. He closed his eyes and leaned back against one of the thick poles holding the sign up and took a few deep breaths. This was Jimin. He cracked one eye to look at that clock glaring at him and saw it was already 5:10.

    It wasn’t unlike Jimin to be late but it still stung that he didn’t seem as eager to meet again as Yoongi was. He thought about going down into the station and picking up something to give to Jimin but for all he knew Jimin was about to inform him of his and Taehyung’s relationship and tell Yoongi to finally let him go. As soon as that thought crossed he couldn’t stop the flow of others just as negative.

    What if Jimin doesn’t feel the same way anymore? What if he was just crying over our lost friendship and not because he really wanted to be with me? Why would he have called me after kissing Taehyung like that? Wh-

    His thoughts were cut short as he was thrown to the ground in the most undignified way. His backpack was the only thing keeping his head from feeling the impact of the concrete but the rest of his body still felt it sharply. A flailing of limbs beside him made him look to the side and he was confronted with Jimin fighting to right himself after his magnificent fall. Once he propped himself up on his knees his head jerked to look at Yoongi who was still laying on his back.

    “Yoongi, I’m so sorry. I was late and I was scared you’d leave! I went to the wrong station, I don’t live here anymore. Well, I don’t live at the same apartment anymore and I was just scared because you said your phone was going to die and I know you aren’t the most patient and I couldn’t bare letting you down again and-” Yoongi cut him off by pressing his hand up to Jimin’s mouth. The stares they were getting were annoying and he’d rather not have this conversation on the ground anyway.

    “Jimin, calm down.” Jimin nodded but as soon as Yoongi’s hand made to move he began speaking once more.

    “I was really scared Yoongi and I’m really sorry,” Yoongi stood up and brushed himself off before turning to face Jimin, “I was just in a rush.”

    “You’ve said that already. I forgive you Jimin. Please get up though, it’s attracting the wrong kind of attention.” He held out a gloved hand and Jimin grabbed it and pulled, almost sending Yoongi to the ground again. He often forgot that though they appeared to be the same size their builds were much different. “Pull a little harder next time.” Jimin looked at his smirk and blushed as he looked down.

    “Sorry.”

    “We might actually pick where to go if you’d stop saying that.”

    “Sorr- I mean- where do you want to go?” The blush had only deepened and Yoongi found it rather endearing.

     “Just follow me,” He noticed their hand were still intertwined but made no move to change it, “What have you been up to lately?” It was a lame start but hopefully they could find something not-so-awkward to start talking about before they reached their destination.

    “I moved. I already said that but I live really close to Jamsil station now. Taehyung is still with me but we decided an upgrade was needed.”

“What kind of an upgrade is it?” Yoongi wanted to roll his eyes at himself but he didn’t know how else to ask if they shared a room now or if it was just simply bigger.

“Well the walls are thicker and it’s a lot more updated. We have an automated lock on the front door now and I can actually fit that dresser into my room. Taehyung pitched a fit because he has to come into my room for all his clothes now because he never bought a dresser himself.” Jimin was perfectly content talking about his apartment all day. Rather, he was content talking about anything as long as Yoongi was there giving his little nods and questioning looks. Everything felt right about this and he figured as long as he didn’t draw attention to their held hands, Yoongi wouldn’t pull away.

“It sounds nice. Namjoon and I still live in the same ty apartment but he got himself a nice office space so he can spread out for school and stuff.”

“Is Hoseok still around?” Yoongi’s nose wrinkled a bit as he thought about the fight that had been going on as he showered and got ready.

“Yes, but I don’t know for how much longer. You remember how Namjoon always complained about Hoseok never wanting to be official?” Jimin nodded, “Namjoon is sick of it now. They’re always fighting and I’m not sure it’s only because of that.”

“Well I hope they figure it out or Namjoon finds happiness somewhere else. He needs someone who will support him fully.” Yoongi just gave a hum and Jimin took it as a sign to change the topic. “What’s new with you? Are you still at the same studio? I’m pretty sure I live close to it.”

“Close to Jin’s store? Yeah, I’m still there. I haven’t really been doing much else besides work. It’s been getting pretty hectic since we brought Namjoon in. They want me to teach him the ropes and the official way of business there but he’s more of a natural at it than I am so he’s taken charge of our entire floor already.” He thought back to how he found Namjoon scolding another producer for writing for themselves instead of the artist. It could get annoying when you were faced with a piece so different from your own style and expected to pull it off but Namjoon seemed to think of everyone involved and he really pushed that they were all equals.

“Come to think of it, Tae is harassing Jin as we speak.”

“Don’t be surprised when he comes home wounds. Jin is the nicest person you could possibly come up with but his bark and bite come hand in hand and both know exactly where to hit to make you think.” That sarcastic attitude fit well with Yoongi’s blunt side and Namjoon’s need to be knocked down a peg every once and awhile and he really wished Hoseok would be more docile around Jin. Hoseok and Jin managed to find each other’s weak spots quickly and they spared no blows when they felt the other had stepped out of line. It made the apartment really unbearable with tension so when Yoongi sought out Jin, it was often at the store he worked or at the others’ apartment.

“I’m sure Tae will heal and be back at it again tomorrow.” Yoongi didn’t doubt it for a second.

“No doubt. We’re almost there though.” Jimin was surprised at the short walk and he didn’t remember any place they would frequent over on this street. Yoongi wouldn't ever tell him he started coming out of his way to this district just for the chance to run into Jimin again and claim it an accident.

“Where are we going?”

“Just a little cafe run by a friend’s parent. It’s nothing fancy but it’s comfortable and always has good service.”

When the place came into view Jimin was taken aback by the sheer amount of plants surrounding it. They had to go down a few stairs and it landed them in the middle of a garden that absorbed the glint of sun and turned it into sustenance for the beauty that was held within this alcove.

“Nothing fancy, my , Yoongi.” Yoongi chuckled and pulled him further through it along a stone path that started at the bottom of the curled metal stairs. He could see in the wide windows now and it looked very homey inside. The tables and chairs were made of a dark wood that also accented the walls and ceiling. It was almost as though they had stepped foot into a fairytale and Jimin’s breath hitched as he remembered telling Yoongi of a dream much like this when they first started sleeping over at each other’s places. “This place is beautiful.”

“I hoped you’d like it.” Usually his the nooks he frequented were more modern looking and impersonal so he could bury himself in his work without being disturbed but he found this place reminded him of Jimin. Though it looked magical, it wasn’t a themed cafe and didn’t pull many tourists in and for that he was grateful. His wallet wasn’t thick enough to frequent one of the tourist hubs.

“I love it. I bet the food is as good as the atmosphere.” They were seated off to the back of the place, away from the garden but in view of a massive mosaic that depicted a scene just as pretty. In this place, Jimin forgot about all his worries and started talking up a storm only pausing for breath and to let Yoongi sneak something in once in awhile. Yoongi was grateful that he took control of the conversation and was pleased to just sit there and listen to anything from Taehyung’s latest antics or news of the studio to Jimin’s struggles with the latest dance he was trying to choreograph. He had been recruited by an agency and put under contract for several dances for big idol groups but he had no experience formatting his dances for multiple people and he was worried he’d botch this chance at showing the world his skills.

Yoongi loved the sound of his voice and the ease at which he could talk. He loved the way Jimin was expressive and always used his hands to talk. He loved the way that the man in front of him didn’t give a care in the world beyond making his friends happy. He loved the way he danced and the way he smelled and the way he could distract Yoongi from everything he was worried about.

“Jimin, I love you.” He had cut off Jimin mid-sentence and he hadn’t even meant to say it out loud but he figured it was high time to get it out there in the open so he wasn’t worried about it as much as he probably should be. “I love you too, I hope. I’m seven months too late but I hope you’ll accept it. I don’t even know if you and Taehyung are together but it doesn’t sound like you are and frankly, I’m not too bothered if you are. I want you to accept me and I’ll fight him for that space in your heart if I have to.” Yoongi’s face didn’t change much but he tried to use a tone that would get through to Jimin, something to put the smile back on his face that had disappeared at the first sentence. Jimin was still holding his fork halfway to his mouth and Yoongi reached out and pushed it back to the plate before taking hold of the hand he had when they had walked in. “So what do you say?”

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the format but nothing seems to want to copy and paste properly. How'd you like the confession?? What do you think Jimin will do now that he's finally faced with it? What other sites do you guys read fanfiction on? I'm wanting to post on more sites other than aff and a03 but I'm not sure where.