Finale

Writing About Love

Jimin smiled at the scene that greeted him when he walked through the door with an overexcited Taehyung. Yoongi and Namjoon were both asleep among the piles of boxes that littered every room in the apartment. Since Jimin was invited to Tae’s last session with his doctor, the other two had agreed to start the boxing process for the move into Jin’s place. It had been three long weeks of travelling back and forth between houses and the hospital and both of the sleeping boys were almost always along for the ride, eager to help in any way.

“Mine’s cuter.” Jimin could hear the smirk in Taehyung’s voice without even sparing a look away from Yoongi’s peaceful face.

“I call bull.” Yoongi’s hair was stuck up in a cute fashion and his lips were in a pout. It was the cutest thing Jimin had ever seen. Until his eyes opened. Jimin scrambled to look as though he were doing anything else besides staring but he had already been caught.

“I know I’m hard to resist but wake me up next time you plan to admire me.” Jimin scoffed, even as his face flamed into a very noticeable blush.

“You don’t need the ego boost.” Yoongi shrugged and closed his eyes again.

“At least I’m not as bad as Jin.”

“I heard him talking to himself last night in my room! He thought I was asleep and found a mirror in the bathroom!” Taehyung was even more dramatic than ever, flinging his hands around until one smacked into a box and toppled the whole stack. “Oops.”

“I knew I should’ve slept earlier.” Namjoon’s head appeared from over the back of the couch and Taehyung sprinted over to him, leaping over all the obstacles in his way.

“But then you would’ve missed time with Jin oppa.” Namjoon flinched at the name.

“Why do you say weird like that?”

“Because it makes you uncomfortable. Jin doesn’t even bat an eye anymore. It’s not fun.” He pouted to emphasize his words and Namjoon put a hand over his mouth.

“If you ever insinuate anything between us and cause things to get uncomfortable I’ll personally rip your balls off.” The door slammed shut and they heard a chuckle.

“Nice to know you protect me so well.” He tossed the keys on the table above both of their heads and walked into the kitchen, continuing his conversation with Jungkook in a lower tone.

“See, not even phased.” Taehyung scooted forward without getting up and pinned Jimin with a look.

“How far do you think I can push Jungkook?”

“In which direction?” Jimin pretended to contemplate.

“Any. I’ll break him before the move is settled.”

“Hey, lovebird. Don’t you think it’s a bit early into the relationship to move into his house?”

“It’s Jin’s house.”

“Jungkook had a room there though.”

“So? It’s mine now. He can sleep on the couch when I’m through with him,” He stood up and brushed off his pants, “and Yoongi and Jimin haven’t been together much longer and he’s moving into here. Harass them, will you?” He skipped into the kitchen and ignored the affronted expression on Namjoon’s face.

“Start on us and I’ll tell everyone about your secret box.” Yoongi didn’t even open his eyes and Jimin laughed.

“If I admit defeat before I even start I wouldn’t be much of a best friend.”

“You’re replaced. Jimin, come here.” Yoongi held out his arms and Jimin gave a half-hearted shrug towards Namjoon before laying down on the cramped couch next to his lover.

“You guys are gross.” He stood up and stretched a bit before peeking into the kitchen. All three of the occupants looked up quickly and stopped talking. “I see I’m not welcome in the housewarming plans either. I’m headed to the store, anyone want anything?”

He got a few calls from Yoongi about stuff to grab if he decided he wanted to stop by the studio and a request for ice cream from the newly-freed patient. It was a quiet walk and he realized he did want to extend it to encompass Yoongi’s studio if it gave him a bit more time to himself. Often, these past few weeks he would just sit outside of the hospital and think to himself. With someone like Hoseok, he didn’t get the chance because there was always something they could be doing besides basking in each others company.

Namjoon didn’t realize how suffocated he had felt until he stared up at the stars the night it was announced to the group that Taehyung would officially move into Jin’s place. Yoongi was moving into Taehyung’s old spot and that left them with a guest bedroom he could crash on until he found his own place but he’d probably spend most of the time in his office-space working on getting caught up in his studies and work. It was probably best to give the couple their space anyway.

His breath appeared hazy in the night because of the cold and he shoved his hands deeper into his pockets. Best hurry back. He had probably taken too long anyway. He tried to think all positive thoughts on his way back. During Taehyung's stay at the hospital he had worked non-stop to ensure everything was going correctly so maybe he would let himself have a break from everyone once things died down.

Oftentimes he would drive Jin’s car to pick up one of the other’s while Jin rested at the bedside in between shifts at work. He also chauffeured Yoongi to and from the studio when he became too stifled between all the exuberant personalities and needed a break. And let’s not forget Jungkook’s need to meet with all of his teachers and pick up homework. Eventually, Namjoon just picked it up for him to try and eliminate so many trips.

That had led to an uncomfortable run in with Hoseok who appeared to be on the same mission. Namjoon had practically sprinted in the opposite direction when he spotted the mop of hair and he fervently hoped he wasn’t seen. There were things he was equipped to deal with, like taking care of the odd chores that came up within their friend group, and seeing Hoseok again was not one of them. He had gotten Jungkook to text the other beforehand every time after that just to ensure he didn’t have another run-in.

He sighed and shook his head. This leg of the trip was supposed to be about positive thoughts but he was back thinking about Jin and what he was to do about their situation when he reached for the door handle of Jimin’s apartment. It seemed nothing was going quite to plan that night.

“Surprise!” Namjoon jumped about a foot in the air when he heard the joined calls and briefly wondered what month it was. It wasn’t his birthday yet. Taehyung didn’t give him any time to recover before grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the entrance hall. He looked at all the boxes sitting in a neat row against the wall that hadn’t been there before and he made himself even more confused.

“What exactly…?” He shuffled closer to them after receiving a push from Jungkook. No one said anything until he reached the pile. They all had his name on them. He opened one and sure enough, it was his stuff. “What?”

“You’re moving in with Jin too. I may or may not have found a couple to lease our apartment and finished clearing it out and getting back our deposits this afternoon before we started moving Taehyung’s stuff out. It was a bit less than expected because of the damage but with our combined deposits and some money everyone else had saved up we got you guys an actual house… like you told Jin you wanted.” Yoongi smiled at him and Jimin came over to clap him on the shoulder.

“We’ll be over often but Yoongi and I are still staying here. We didn’t make you do all that work for nothing, I promise.” Namjoon couldn’t wrap his head around everything that was happening. He made eye contact with Jin and got a tentative smile.

“You’ve been working really hard, Joon. You didn’t think I would just discard what you wanted?”

“We only talked about it that once though.” Jin frowned a bit.

“I tried to bring it up several times and you always pushed it away with sentences like

‘I won’t be a bother’. Anyone could have seen what was wrong. If it’s too much we can always find you another place like you wanted. And if you give us a little time we can have your deposit back too.” They all looked unsure of their gift now. That is, everyone except Yoongi.

“If you guys don’t solve the between you right now I’m not going to help move any of these boxes. I’m tired anyway.”

“There’s no tension-”

“He’s the one who won’t apologize!” Jin and Namjoon both tried to retort at the same time but Namjoon caught the end of Jin’s and looked over to meet his eyes again.

“I’m sorry.” He saw Jimin grab Taehyung and Jungkook and steer them out of the room but Yoongi stood there impassively.

“Fix this so you can have a guest bedroom for Jimin and I when we visit.” He his heel and followed the rest after that.

“He has his priorities a bit mixed up.” Namjoon laughed a bit awkwardly and walked a bit closer to Jin. “You know I am sorry. I think Yoongi’s attitude has rubbed off on me a bit. I’d rather just show you.”

“What are you even sorry for? Do you know why I’m so mad?”

“I’m sorry because I chose Hoseok over you. I’m sorry because I took advantage of you. I’m sorry because I violated your boundaries without stopping and thinking about it or asking. I’m also sorry for wanting to do it again.” He stepped a bit closer again and Jin blushed and looked away.

“Are you actually thinking about it? Are you okay with your present? Don’t kiss me out of misplaced pity and don’t do it if you think it will ruin what we have right now.”

“I want to ruin it. I want you and everything a life as your partner would entail. Not this polite distance.” And with that he kissed Jin with everything he had kept repressed the past few weeks. He heard cooing coming from the direction the others had disappeared to but frankly, he didn’t give a .

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Here it is guys! The last chapter <3 Epilogue will be up within the next few days~