Sharehouse

Writing About Love

Namjoon wasn’t sure how he fit into the new equation with his friends and a part of him still partially shouldered the blame for Taehyung’s collapse but as the days wore on he found a place in all the chaos. Yoongi and Jimin were stealing time away from others often and when they disappeared he took to cleaning and trying to maintain a better household than what he and his roommate were used to. Jin had an influence in that, not wanting there to be a place that Taehyung wasn’t familiar with in their circle of tight knit friends. He didn’t want Taehyung to come back to a place that looked haunting enough to house his terrors and Namjoon didn’t blame him.

The more he thought about it, the more he wanted to move. While a share house wasn’t something he had previously considered during his comfortable lifestyle alongside Yoongi, he could see that it might be time to move on. Things were still tense between Jin and himself though both were loathe to admit it. It wasn’t the time to dwell on something so trivial as a bout of emotions but he wanted to proposition the move to Jin first to gauge his reaction.

If they were to all pitch in and purchase a house it would be easier for everyone. Taehyung would have someone there with him at all times until he was trusted enough to begin moving about on his own and between Jin and Jimin they would keep it clean and polished. Yoongi would provide most of the income so Jin could work a little less and enjoy himself more and Taehyung would no doubt be a source of entertainment during his confinement. He didn’t know where that put him but he tried to shove that thought to the back of his head.

He was currently thumbing through some magazines in the lobby of the hospital, waiting on Jin to finish his routine scolding of the doctors and nurses for not feeding his friend well enough. Namjoon chuckled softly to himself as a hassled-looking nurse ran by from the direction Jin’s voice was coming from. He was sure everyone in the building would be thankful when Taehyung finally got the approval for leave from his psychiatrists.

He was meeting with two of them three times daily to discuss everything that had transpired and work out what would cause him unnecessary stress and how best to treat his past. Namjoon knew that sometimes Jin or Jimin would be allowed to sit in on these sessions so that Taehyung wouldn’t be left to hash out everything several times over to all of their friends and for that he was thankful. It was surprising to see Jin caring so much about the uncouth youth that would joke about his condition more often than take it seriously and Namjoon couldn’t help but feel a little spark of jealousy.

There was no reason for that spark to ignite over such a thing but he had overheard Taehyung make more than a few ual remarks towards Jin and though he was always brushed off, Namjoon couldn’t bear to think of Jin actually thinking about those matters. Jin was always someone he had seen as an adult figure, much like himself. Too busy to really think about romance and much too caring to risk a one-night stand.

But he had found Hoseok. Just the name brought with it a tight feeling in his chest and he couldn’t dwell too long on their shared times but he realized now that what they had wasn’t ideal. Hoseok ruined his image of Jin in a twisted kind of way, making him see that Jin wasn’t such a pillar of strength that he had always envisioned. He wasn’t someone who was imperious to advances made his way as the blush that dusted his cheeks whenever Tae would imply something particularly crass would show and Namjoon was scared to admit his notice.

Jin was a human, just like all of them and Namjoon was just now starting to see just how much he had hurt the other when he stomped all over his feelings and kissed him without being sure of his own feelings. It had crossed a line that he didn’t think he was capable of crossing. Or perhaps he had crossed it when he disregarded the other’s calls and texts for the months he was with Hoseok.

Jin appeared in front of him, disrupting all further thought. “You should really stop staring off into space like that. One day these nurses are going to take you into a room thinking something wrong up there in that big head of yours.”

“Not if it meant seeing you more.” He stood up and lifted his arms above his head in a stretch.

“They know I’m just worried about him.” Jin huffed a bit and turned to leave, knowing Namjoon would follow.

“You don’t wonder why they all vanish the moment we walk through the door?”

“It isn’t my fault they are doing a horrible job running this place.” Namjoon chuckled and didn’t push the subject any further. They settled into an uncomfortable silence until they reached the car that Jin was using on a regular basis now and Namjoon felt the need to break it with his earlier musings.

“Would you object to moving in with me?” Jin sputtered at that and he turned the key too far in the ignition causing it to make noises of protest similar to his own. Namjoon rushed to correct himself. “I mean, I want to move into a share house. With you and Jimin and Taehyung and Yoongi.” He flushed a deep red at his earlier mistake.

“Where at?” He wasn’t immediately rejecting the offer, something Namjoon took as a good sign.

“I found a few places but I really wanted to talk to you first before going to see any of them.”

“Why me and not Jimin or Yoongi?”

“I’m sure they’ll agree to moving in together and Taehyung will follow wherever Jimin goes.”

“You hadn’t thought that they might want to move in together… well, alone?” Namjoon hated that he felt sheepish under Jin’s unwavering gaze. He meant to be the one who thought of everything and organized it so it was just right.

“Where would Taehyung go?”

“I thought he might want to stay with me. I have plenty of room and Jungkook could share my room when he stayed if Taehyung took the spare.” Namjoon had forgotten about Jungkook entirely.

“How often is that?” Jin looked pensive for a moment.

“He should be due to appear at the end of the week, actually.”

“Aren’t holidays happening right now? Why would he stay at the end of them instead of going back to school?” Jin brushed it off and didn’t answer him, instead opting to pull out of the parking space and begin their journey towards Namjoon’s flat. It occurred to him that if everything worked out the way that Jin implied it would, he would be alone. He had never been by himself before and suddenly the share house idea took on a new light. He may be forced to fill out an application and live with several strangers rather than with friends. It made him withdraw into himself and the rest of the ride remained silent. When he got home, he locked the door behind him and ignored the voices coming from the living room. He wasn’t in the mood to look at his so-called friends right now.  

 

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I swear I love Namjoon.