Jamsil

Writing About Love

   This is a double update so make sure you didn't skip last chapter about Joonie and Hoseok~

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

 

Tae was going to kill him when he found out he had set up a meeting with Yoongi but he at least wanted to clear the air between them. He wanted to be able to finally move past all of this and when he finally went back into the living room and told that to Taehyung he was rewarded with a small smile instead of the books thrown that he was expecting.

    “Tell him I’ll cut his balls off if he plays with your heart anymore. He already knows how you feel so you need to make him squirm. Make him come to you.” Jimin laughed as Taehyung’s eyes took on a playfully evil glint that usually stood for a night of stupid pranks. He threw himself towards his platonic other half and they stayed in that position until Taehyung’s legs felt like putty and he had to push Jimin off for his wellbeing. “You’re so overbearing, mom.” He looked at Jimin sprawled on the floor staring at the ceiling with a lopsided smile on his face, “You’re an overbearing mom in love.” He drew out the last syllable as long as he could hold his breath for and got a pillow to the face to shut up.

    “Go somewhere else to fulfill your fantasies, Tae.”

    “Maybe I’ll go poison that workaholic while you’re gone. Tell him I’m the reason and and boy wonder are getting back together so he owes me a .”

    “Yeah, say it exactly like that,” Jimin deadpanned, “ He’ll love it. He will for sure fall at your feet.” They both broke out into another round of laughter before Jimin hopped up and propped a leg up on the back of the couch over Tae’s head. At first Taehyung was worried when he’d come across Jimin stretching out on every surface at the sharehouse they first lived in but over the years he’d grown used to him looking as flexible as a cooked noodle and instead for his need to constantly flaunt the fact he was a dancer.

    “You know I could cripple you just by lifting my arm a certain way right now.” He cocked an eyebrow at Jimin and wasn’t surprised when he stayed parked where he was. Jimin was used to his idle threats by now and Taehyung may be a bit violent when he gets happy but he’d never endanger another man’s bits. “You’re no fun.” He pouted and wiggled out from underneath Jimin’s leg and skipped towards his room to get ready. He may not use the words he did with Jimin but he did want to go bother the busybody that was always working.

    Jimin hoped Jin could handle himself well enough but he couldn’t go chaperone Taehyung this time. Because Yoongi. It felt so nice to be able to think about him without cursing or trying to distract himself. Things were going to be better now. He wouldn’t let Yoongi out of his sight until the other man was confessing his undying love. Or at least admitting that they should see each other again. Whichever one happened to come about. Jimin was ecstatic either way.

    He rushed back into his room and grabbed a few articles of clothing to put on after his shower at the studio but he needed to go release all the built up tension or he was sure he’d snap before 5 o’clock rolled around and he didn’t want to be jumping down Yoongi’s throat as soon as the other man showed up. It didn’t take long before he and Taehyung were headed out the door and then separating at the corner to go different ways.

    “Go get ‘em, Tiger.” Tae grinned and Jimin clapped him on the shoulder.

    “Good luck with that one. Just remember he’s Yoongi’s friend and you shouldn’t scare him too much or I’ll have to hear about it.”

    “I’ll try to keep it in mind but no promises.” He was gone in the next blink of an eye and Jimin took of in the other direction. There was no containing Taehyung but he liked it best that way. He had come to Seoul to get away from his overbearing parents and Jimin wasn’t going to hold him back from being himself.

    His time spent at the studio went by fairly quickly and he felt exhausted as he stood under the showerhead in the group bathroom that was reserved for their most dedicated dancers and teachers. He still hadn’t planned what he was going to say when he finally sat down with Yoongi but he knew that he worked better when it just came off the top of his head so he hoped this would be the same. He spent enough time around Yoongi before that he was able to predict almost every move the other made before it happened and that’s the way he hoped it still was. Yoongi was safe and inviting and the more he thought about him, the more he couldn’t wait to head to the rendezvous point.

    He dressed quickly and didn’t stop to say goodbye on his way out the door. His nerves were accosting him once more but he tried to put himself back in the mindset he had held while dancing. I can do this. I can do this. He snorted as he remembered the children’s book about trains he had been made to read in his English classes before he dropped the course. It was a stupid thing to think about but it amused him and he loosened up a bit before boarding the subway to the station home.

    4:32. Damn it, he was really early. He checked his phone again and decided to wait down on the platform for a little bit before going up and braving the crowds and the cold of the station. It calmed him down to ride the trains and seeing everyone going about their day. People-watching was a habit he had picked up once he went through a psychology course and had done a project on human’s natural want to follow a routine. He always thought it was kind of a bull course that based way too much on previous experiments but it was intriguing enough that he kept with the subject until he dropped out. His best friend was a testament to how wrong it could all be.

    4:37. He watched a mother scold her child for tugging on someone’s coat and bothering them on the train. The other man hadn’t looked offended at all but the mother wanted to push the fact that you shouldn’t bother someone over something as trivial as a sticker. Jimin thought to himself that Taehyung had bothered someone over a lot less than that. Mainly just his will to bother someone in general. Jimin supposed he got a bit boring after a while as he almost always reacted the same to Taehyung’s prodding.

    4:43. He saw a girl with headphones in and colored hair that reminded him so strongly of Yoongi that he wanted to approach the girl and ask if she listened to his music. Yoongi liked to pretend no one knew him but every time they had gone through Hongdae he would be surrounded by people staring after him or asking after his newest work. It was sweet the way Yoongi was so humble after creating something great.

    4:52. Jimin supposed he could go up to the station now as his phone didn’t get great service down on the platform and he was starting to get weird looks from the attendant. He didn’t want anyone to think he was a threat though he couldn’t see how he presented himself as one at all. He found himself very ordinary looking other than his hair which Yoongi had convinced him to dye one day and that he kept up ever since then. People sometimes thought him an idol as not many chose to go for unnatural colors in the bulk of Seoul but the thought made him laugh.

    He waded through the populated area and ascended the stairs towards the exit. His nerves were going haywire and he was running out of options to calm himself down. He tried to think about all the times Yoongi had come to meet him at the station.

    He felt a warm body press against his side silently and he knew it was Yoongi without looking. There was an air that he gave off that was demanding and yet lethargic in the way it commanded your attention as if he wasn’t trying at all. Jimin knew it’s because he really wasn’t trying at all.

    “I missed you Yoongi.” Yoongi had gone home to his parent’s house that weekend and Jimin hoped he wasn’t wearing his heart on his sleeve as he looked up through thick eyelashes at the source of his crush. Yoongi’s laugh was reserved and he looked ready to pass out but he responded in the same manner Jimin had spoken in.

    “I miss you too Jiminnie.” Jimin’s face heated at the nickname and he looked away quickly. Really, he didn’t know how Yoongi had managed to miss his attraction. At this point he was convinced Yoongi knew about it and was ignoring it for his own reasons. He didn’t even like men and Jimin could hardly blame him. He sometimes wished he liked women as well, it would be much easier in the country that made a point to tell everyone straight was better. He shoved his negative feelings aside as he grabbed Yoongi’s arm and dragged him towards the stairwell that led down into the depths of the subway system. They had to buy a new T-Money card for Yoongi as he had lost his for the fifth time since they had begun hanging out and Jimin was tempted just to tell the other boy he’d carry it around for him.

    “You always lose your card, shouldn’t I carry it?”

    “You’d have to live closer to me than what you do now. I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere if you had my card.” He started pressing the buttons on the machine and Jimin leaned up against it.

    “I could always move in with you. You and Namjoon probably need it.” He listed off all the reasons they should live together only half joking and when Yoongi was done he gave a smile that filled Jimin’s insides with warmth.

    “Sounds like you ought to already be living there. Did you go visit while I was gone?”

    “Who would I be if I didn’t provide Namjoon and Hoseok leftover’s just because you’re gone? You act like I’m only around to please you.” He gave a little sniff and lifted his nose into the air before peeking out one of his closed eyes and seeing Yoongi’s amused look. He hurriedly closed his eye again to maintain his look and Yoongi pulled him through the gates.

    “Only two stops today? Or do you want to go somewhere else?” Jimin knew Yoongi was only asking to appease him because the other boy was more likely to eat dirt than go somewhere he didn’t know. It made him happy to know Yoongi trusted him enough to let him pick what they did that day.

    “Your pick is fine.” He sidled up next to Yoongi on the seats, claiming there was no more room and the person on the other side of him smelled bad so he could get closer.

    “How did you survive without me for the whole weekend Jimin?”

    “You videochatted with little old me enough to keep my needs at bay.” He laughed and they fell into an amicable silence while they rode on to their stop. He wished every moment was as blissful as this, where he could pretend there weren’t any secrets between them.

    Jimin gave a start when he reached the exit and saw the sign for Jamsil and remembered the one he stood under in the memory. Yoongi didn’t know he had moved. He began to shake as he pulled out his phone and saw two missed messages.

    [4:59] I’m here.

   [5:00] My phone is about to die, I’m standing under the sign. Hurry.