Coffee

Writing About Love

Namjoon had pinned Yoongi with a stare that promised certain death if he didn’t start talking soon. He and Yoongi had been friends for years and somehow the elder always knew exactly when Yoongi retreated behind his mask or when his attitude was about to make a change for the worst. Namjoon was often bullied throughout school so he had always been a bit subdued until his other half showed up as a transfer student from Daegu.

“Hey guys, have you seen the transfer student yet? I saw him in the office a few minutes ago and I think we should try and get him on our side.” Namjoon snorted but when the kid who had been talking looked over he faked a cough to try and mask his amusement. He didn’t need to draw anymore attention to himself, especially since he had an assignment in his bag that was due the following class. After a staredown with the kid he dropped his eyes to the notebook in front of him. “You should know your place by now Namjoon. Do you need us to show you again what’s it’s like to cross us?”

Their school was in the lower income sector in Seoul and several students took it upon themselves to form mock gangs to prove their worth to the big shots once they got into high school. The local gangs have been picking them younger and younger recently because of the increase in police activity and involvement. A 14-year-old couldn’t be a cop in disguise and you automatically gained a member no one would expect and someone you could shape into your exact needs. Someone who was desperate from recognition after being pushed into a class of thirty people constantly vying for attention.

Frankly, Namjoon thought the whole thing was ridiculous and all he wanted was to stay low until he graduated and could go to a decent boarding school away from his parents. From there it was a clear path to become a producer. He just needed to get away from this school and the stigma every student had placed on their head for attending such a place. The teachers didn’t care what happened as long as no one got hurt in front of them.

He was jarred from his daydream as someone grabbed his backpack he was wearing and hoisted him up. It was uncomfortable at best, his arms were forced up as the straps dug into his armpits and his head was pushed forward from the pressure on his neck.

“What do you want Woojong?” He didn’t need to look up to know who had the strength to pull such a stunt.

“I was talking to you.”

“So talk. I’m trying to work and we have a test coming up you should probably study for.” He braced himself against the impact he knew was coming but it wasn’t enough to take the sting out of his skin when the long ruler the teacher stored up in the front of the classroom made contact with the back of his knees.

“You’re going to learn one of these days.” He didn’t respond to the leer and received another smack for his insolence. “Speak up, boy.”

“You’re pathetic.” He flinched again as he said it so he knew it wouldn’t hold much of the intended effect but the next blow never came. Instead, he felt his book bag drop back into it’s proper place before he turned around and looked up. There was a kid with dark red hair standing in the place Woojong had been occupying a moment ago and he held the ruler in his hands now.

This must be the new kid. He didn’t recognize the hair and in a school full of brown hair, this kid’s locks stood out like a sore thumb.

“Quit trying to be a hard .”

After that, Namjoon had followed around this strange boy like a puppy. He stood up for people whenever he felt up to it but told Joon he’d probably have joined a gang if it wasn’t so much effort and such little reward. The only thing he did that took effort was basketball and when he got on the court his lethargic air disappeared and was replaced by a whole new persona. Namjoon was sure there was more to discover about the boy with dual personalities and he wanted to find out.

“I saw Jimin again. At Jin’s store on the way home last night.” Namjoon cocked an eyebrow but he stayed silent at this. “He cried… a lot. And then Kim Taehyung showed up and kissed him before I could say anything.”

“Taehyung kisses a lot of people. He may have just wanted to make you jealous.”

“Well he succeeded. I’m jealous.” He nursed his coffee and Namjoon knew he would have to take control of the situation. Yoongi wouldn’t open up otherwise.

“So you like Jimin?”

“I wouldn’t have been friends with him for several years if I didn’t like him.”

“Yoongs, am I going to have to drag it out of you? You know what I was asking. If you don’t want to talk about it, fine. Lose your second chance at getting the boy you want but don’t come to me a month after this looking for advice again.” It was a jab at how long it took him to confide in his friend the first time. Even though Namjoon had been present at the initial outburst (Yoongi would argue he was the cause of it all), Yoongi was just uncomfortable sharing his feelings. Always had been, always will.

“Yes, Namjoon. I like Jimin. That’s what being jealous of another man kissing him entails.”

“I wanted to hear you say it.” Yoongi rolled his eyes at that. “It’s good to get it out of your system. Just talking about it. What all happened? Start from the beginning.”

Yoongi recounted the story to him and didn’t leave out anything, including Jin’s part which got him a reaction from Namjoon he thought to file away to later ask about. Right now it was all about Jimin. After some debate, they packed up and walked down the street further to Namjoon’s office space where they continued talking about solutions that wouldn’t embarrass Yoongi too much. He shot down what felt like a hundred suggestions before sighing and deciding to change the topic. They talked about everything they could both think of until Namjoon became too immersed in the homework he had kept putting off for time to spend with his partner.

“So school is going okay?” Namjoon just shrugged and gestured to the stack of papers and books on his desk.

“It’s going pretty badly. I can’t seem to find the same spark I had for it all when I started this course and now I’m stuck with it.”

“Hoseok failing in his muse duties?”

“What muse duties would those be? He comes over when he wants to get laid and I call him when I want to get laid. It’s a nice arrangement that hasn’t caused any issues.”

“I wasn’t aware a person had to move in to be friends with benefits.”

“He hasn’t moved in.” He knew Namjoon’s attention was fading because he would usually get a lot more of a vehement reaction but this seemed very subdued.

“Yeah right. That man had more body products in the shower than I do.”

“Coming from the one who hasn’t showered in several days and is sitting in front of me in clothes I’ve seen four hundred times since the last washing cycle.”

“The fact that there hasn’t been a washing cycle in that long says something bad about us.” He got a bit of laughter from that and they bantered for a while before he decided a nap was in order. He stretched out on the small couch and propped his legs up over the arm of it before closing his eyes.

“Yoongi, your phone is ringing.” He groaned before reaching for it on the table. Of course someone would call him just as he was getting to sleep. Of course, he woke right up when he saw the Caller ID.

Jimin

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this seems a little rushed but I wanted to get it all out~ See you tomorrow!