Interference

Writing About Love

    Jimin wanted to run. His fight or flight response was generally geared to fight whatever confronted him or at least try and smooth talk his way out of it but when his eyes connected with Yoongi’s the world tilted.

    “You’re either a big fan or Jimin with the response that got.” His feet were locked in place and he was sure he looked dumb standing there but he couldn’t tear his eyes off of the man who occupied his every dream. Yoongi was the one to look away first as Jin looked ready to let something else slip.

    “Jin, could you give us some space?”

    “I work here and it looks like he has ice cream he wanted to buy until you stunned him into non-existence. Is that him?” His voice held a lilt that told Jimin he probably knew everything from his birthday to his favorite place to eat. He probably knew that Jimin had royally embarrassed himself months prior as well. Heat rose to his face and he finally pushed himself closer to the counter. Closer to Yoongi.

“Can I just get this please.” His voice was barely audible and it sounded foreign to his own ears. Yoongi’s half lidded eyes followed every jerky movement he made until he backed out of the door, trying not to sprint. There was a low buzz of conversation as soon as he swung the door open but he didn’t even get twenty feet between himself and the glass windows before he felt the tears rolling down his face. The bell on the door of the store he had just exited chimed harshly and all of a sudden he was being pulled up.

Yoongi’s scent enveloped him and even though it reminded him of all the better days, he sobbed harder until his face was pressed into the other’s shirt. It took all of his resolve not to shove Yoongi away and crawl into a hole never to return. By the time his tears dried up, he had thoroughly soaked Yoongi’s shoulder and it had become almost transparent. His gaze flitted to the neck that was riddled with goosebumps and it clicked into place that Yoongi wasn’t wearing anything to prevent the cold day from freezing him out.

“Stay right here, I’m going to go grab some napkins from Jin.” He followed the instructions well and stayed put, his mind reeling. Yoongi hates when people cry. The last time he had cried in front of Yoongi it had been over a stupid anime he was watching too late into the night. He always got too attached to characters when he binged through shows late into the night and this series decided a double suicide would be the perfect ending. Yoongi had thrown a box of tissues at him and closed his laptop, declaring he was too tired to compose anything else for the night. Jimin knew that he didn’t go to sleep right away but he still ignored all his attempts at roping him into something to take his mind off of the tragedy that had just taken place in the world of fantasy.

Yoongi was as soft as one can be on the inside but it really didn’t mesh well with the rest of his gruff personality. Personally, Jimin thought that Yoongi hated comforting people because he empathized so well with them. It hurt him to see others hurting. His lyrics that Jimin read over his shoulder or would listen to through his songs showed his pain and brought to light deeper feelings he often tried to hide. Maybe he was only comforting Jimin out of some sick apologetic empathy. He didn’t want pity. He wanted Yoongi.

“Here you go Jimmine.” He jumped out of his own skin for a moment. He had been so caught up in trying to figure out the angle Yoongi was coming at him from he didn’t even notice when he had been joined again. All of his thoughts had cleared out with the scare though and as he took the napkin he just felt numb. “Do you want to talk?”

“If I wanted to talk I would’ve picked up your phone calls or answered your texts.” He didn’t know where the harsh words came from but he wouldn’t take them back, even at the flash of pain reflected in Yoongi’s eyes. “Why don’t you go and tell Jin some more stories about how pathetic I am.” He bent down again to retrieve his bag left behind when he was pulled up the first time. When he met Yoongi’s gaze a moment later he regretted it and looked towards the ground once more.

“Jiminnie I don’t understand why you would-”

“First off, do not call me by that pet name. You don’t know me.” Yoongi’s face twisted into a grimace and Jimin’s voice caught in his throat. He could finish the second point he was going to make because he couldn’t bring himself to call Yoongi out for how terrible he looked. Usually one to never let his emotions get the best of him, it was a rare sight to see his thoughts reflected onto his face. Jimin took a deep breath. “Are you sleeping in the studio again?” Yoongi used to hole himself up in the studio for days at a time before Jimin had been introduced to him. He actually mirrored how he looked on the first day they met. Hair was sticking to his forehead as though he had been sweating even though it was quite chilly outside. His shirt was wrinkled and he had bags under his near-black eyes that rivaled those of a panda. “You look like .”

“I haven’t seen you in seven months and the first thing you do is distance yourself and then insult me. After I held you crying even. Thanks.” He shifted awkwardly and Jimin knew he was about to reach up to rub the back of his neck. He always did that when he was nervous and when he followed through with it, Jimin almost started crying again.

“I hate you.”

“Funny how the last words I heard from you were quite the opposite.”

“I hate you even more for bringing that up. I hate you for not dressing properly and taking care of yourself because it makes me think you’ve been doing as badly as I have been coping. I hate you for not trying harder to reach me. I hate you for making me so confused. I hate you for releasing songs that I think are about me.” By this point tears were streaming down his face again.

“Come here Jimminie. You know I’m terrible at things like this.” He did. That’s why he couldn’t even stay mad at Yoongi. He knew exactly how he was. “I missed you.” He looked up to see Yoongi hold out his arms and he stepped forward, ready to be held again. He didn’t make it though.

“Park Jimin you step away right now.” Taehyung’s voice rang in his ears and he spun around to see Tae storming towards the pair. “If I had known there was trash wandering around the streets I would’ve come personally to the studio to pick you up.” He shot a glare at the mint haired boy over Jimin’s shoulder before grabbing the plastic sac out of Jimin’s hold and replacing it with his hand. “We are going home.” And before Jimin could protest, he found Taehyung’s lips on his own. He was so shocked he didn’t move. The night was taking a toll on his mental capabilities and it wasn’t until Taehyung moaned that he finally gathered himself and pushed him away. Jimin heard a whistle coming from the direction of the store and turned to find Jin standing in the doorway looking a kid who just got handed candy.

“It’s a real life drama.” Jimin wanted to look at Yoongi’s expression but before he could, Tae had yanked hard on his hand in the direction of their flat. He tried to spot Yoongi over his shoulder before it was dislocated by Tae’s pulling but the man he was searching for was already gone.

 

-------------------

A/N: Are you guys okay with multiple pairings throughout this? It will still end in Yoonmin and Vkook and Namjin but there may be a few times (like this chapter) where other pairings get slipped in. Thoughts?