Chapter 7

Love For Revenge

 

 

 

Hyun Joong’s POV

 

After the concert, I decided to ask her for a dinner. While walking, I talked to her, as humble as I can.

Hmm… She’s answering all my questions perfectly perfect. I mean there’s no any stain of off-putting answers. Really serious huh.

Aish. Don’t tell me that you’re gonna believe me now, poor little Hwangbo? My God! You’re so early! I thought you’ll be playing hard-to-get again…

O…K… My planned had definitely worked!

 

 

“I know after the concert you are now hungry.” I said with my most humble tone.

 

“Yeah… A bit.”

 

“Let’s eat. Uhm… Where do you want?”

 

“Surely there’s no any open restaurant at this time. I want to eat there.”

 

 

I looked at the watch. It’s past twelve. She’s right. There’s no any open restaurant in here.

 

 

“It’s past twelve. Maybe there’s no any now. How about fast food chain?”

 

“There’s no any too. I’m kinda sure that they are closing first than restaurants.”

 

“Uhm…. How about night market?”

 

“RIGHT! Whoa. I can’t remember the last time I ate there.”

 

 

I thought all of rich ladies are choosy. She’s the only girl I knew that has this kind of attitude. If I will ask other ladies to eat in a night market, maybe they’ll pretend they’re still full of they need to go home just to avoid foods they think are dirty. But she’s different… she’s not like others.

We arrived at the parking area with us talking on foods ONLY. Until now she can’t decide what she will eat. Looks like she really missed night markets.

 

 

 

“Have a ride now. Just think of that when we arrive there.”

 

“Alright.”

 

 

Hwangbo’s POV

 

“I want here!” I said as I pull him in.

 

 

I really missed eating at night markets! I even pulled Hyun Joong inside the stall.

I can’t decide what to eat. It’s like I really want to eat all of the foods here!

We sat at one of the set of tables and chairs here. I called the owner after, who is also my favorite waiter and at the same time, a friend.

 

 

“Ma’am! May I have an order?”She went near us having the menu.

 

 

“What is it?” She then asked.

 

“I want all your specialties. You Hyun Joong?”

 

“Uhm…” He murmured. Doesn’t he have any choice?

 

“Wait… Miss Hwangbo? Oh. Why didn’t you go here for so long?” The owner suddenly formed a soft smile on her lips.

 

“You still know me?” I smiled back at her with a bit of shock in my eyes. I can’t believe that she’ll remember me.“Uhm… It’s just… I’m too busy these past few months.” I then continued.

 

“Oh… good thing you went here. Ah. Since you’re my favorite costumer, I’ll just give you a discount.”

 

 

Her eyes went to Hyun Joong, then at me again. She’s having a malicious look at me… Hmm. Seems like I know what she will ask.

 

 

“Wait. Is he your boyfriend?”

 

 

Gotcha!

I just shook my head, saying a NO.

 

 

“No! Definitely not.”

 

 She nod really slowly and started to speak. “AHHH. Fine. Uhm. What’s your order again, sir?”

 

 

She eyed on Hyun Joong again. Hyun Joong then smiled at her and said what he wants.

 

 

“Uhm… I want to order all the foods Hwangbo has ordered.”

 

 

She went out after that. Few minutes passed, she came back with a tray full of the stall’s specialties. I really, really, really missed those! Even the beer yay! Tonight is my little own party~

Our table is literally filled with foods. I sipped the soup first, particularly the chap chae.

Brrrrrrr! It’s getting cold in here. Hyun Joong just can’t notice that.

 

 

Hyun Joong’s POV

 

She’s like… shivering until now. I saw that goosebumps forming on her skin earlier…And then now, she’s sipping… No. she’s actually drinking that soup in an unethical way.

Is she really freezing or what? She can tell me. Why wouldn’t she?

 

 

“Uhm… any problem?” I asked her. I know there is.

 

“Nothing.”She made a fake smile. FAKE SMILE AGAIN? Better not to show THAT kind of smile again.

 

 “Uh. Ok.”

 

 

I’m used into that fake smile, dumb. And I know the difference between your fake and real smile. So can you quit smiling in that way?

But now, that smile has a different meaning. Not to show brutality, but to hide something.

 

 

Hwangbo’s POV

 

 Ok? Just a big damn OKAY? Stupid you, you can’t notice that. Gosh. Why are men like that? Why can men be so INSENSITIVE??! If he knows, and if he thinks, he will notice that I’m nearly freezing here.

Well… Is it me who’s stupid? He will know if I’ll tell him that I’m chilling…

But hey! That’s too… arghh… I can’t say, “Hey Hyun Joong, I’m chilling. Will you put that coat on my shoulders??” with twinkling eyes. Yah yah. Sounds really flirty.

The soup is hot. I’m busy sipping it, and every sip I feel the coldness getting into my nerves more. It’s like I’m just avoiding my body to be prone on the weather. I quit sipping for a moment, but I can really feel the chill so I sip again.

I’m sipping and sipping and sipping when I saw Hyun Joong suddenly put his scarf off his neck and handed it to me. I gazed at the scarf, then to him after. He seems more serious than before. It’s my first time to saw that seriousness. He’s just staring at me; he can’t blink even for a second.

 

 

“Wear this.” He said with a low tone over his voice.

 

 

I took the scarf and wore it.

Whoa. Thank God he noticed!

At least now, I can feel even a little warmth. Now I don’t have to pretend that I’m ok.

 

 

“You know its autumn, so you should not wear that kind of skinny dress. You’re a stylist, you should know that.” He then continued. I stared at him for a moment, but suddenly bowed in shame.

 

 

He wore a slight obvious smile on his lips.

Yah yah. I know that Hyun Joong. I will not wear this ever again.

I continued eating without replying him; I admitted to myself that I’m wrong in my choice of clothes now.

But… I’m a bit curious about that smile. All of his smiles are just annoying… but now, he showed a meaningful… the most meaningful smile. Yeah. I think he has something to say, but it is not the right time to say that.