Chapter 17

Love For Revenge

 

 

Hyun Joong’s POV

 

 

Everyone has greeted me a happy birthday. I’ve got nothing to do but to smile, smile as big as I can. Isn’t that obvious? I am very happy… and excited. Not for what will happen on my birthday. Like, I can have this every year. I am excited because few hours from now Hwangbo will meet my parents. I hope they will like her. No… I know they will like her. She’s a very nice girl, very successful, she’s gorgeous and smart. All that they want for my future bride is in her.

Speaking of my love, I’m worried about her now. She’s an hour late! Ok, I’m very aware of girls’ tradition of being late on these, but hell! I’m really worried. I tried to call her many times but she didn’t answer. What happened to her?

I went outside the bar that they reserved for my birthday. I will wait for her here. I can’t take my eyes off my watch. I am also trying my best to reach her phone, until I saw her walking towards me. I bet she did not see me because she’s looking at the ground.

 

 

“Hey.” She stopped the moment I said that.

 

“Uh. Hyun Joong.”

 

“I’m worried about you. I thought…”

 

“I promised, right? Now let’s talk.”

 

“Let’s go inside first.”

 

“No. please let me talk to you now while I have enough courage.”

 

 

What did she said? What’s with her courage?? I can’t figure it clearly.

 

 

“Uhm. Honey. Why didn’t you… answer my calls?”

 

“Hyun Joong. Do you love me?”

 

 

Is she really asking me that? I mean, can’t she feel it? Are my efforts to show my love for her not enough?

 

 

“What kind of question is that?”

 

“I’m asking you. Do you love me?!” She started to shout. And that gave me creeps. What wrong did I do now? Why is she asking this kind of question?

 

“Of course I really love you. More than anything else.” I said with my tone of sincerity. Yes, I am honest with my feelings. Am I that crazy to introduce her to my parents if I am not serious with her? But I think she didn’t believe me based on her stare.

 

“How there you lie to me, @sshole. And how much did they pay you for that, huh?”

 

“W-what…”

 

 

Does that mean that she already know that secret? No way. No.

I don’t know what to say anymore. I can’t think clear, I’m just blankly thinking of her.

Yes I know, I’m a jerk! I’m a jerk who knows nothing but to play stupid games with my best friend. I know that everyone hates me for what I did. And me too, I hate myself and I hate every sh1t I did to her. I thought I won’t fall for her but I did. And now, the possibility that she will leave scares me… a lot. 

 

 

“Now what? Stop pretending. Your games are now over. ”

 

“Please Hwangbo, let me explain.” My eyes are getting misty. I’m now putting my hopes on. I want to explain every d@mn thing to her. I want her to know that I love her now, and I am d@mn sincere with it.

 

“No. I won’t. I don’t wanna hear your lies anymore.” She said, smiling. I tried to look at her eyes but she’s avoiding my stare. She turned back and started to walk.

 

 

No. This can’t be happening.

This will be the last opportunity for me to explain. And no, I can’t afford to lose it.

 

 

I held her arm and in an instant, she stopped. And with that I let my knees fall on the ground. I let the tears come out, I let my head stoop. I know, I’m swallowing my pride, and for a man it’s really hard. But I don’t care. I just want her to hear me out. “Please… Let me explain.”

 

She took her arm back and turned around. “Before I forget…”

 

 

After I heard her saying that I saw a ring resting on the ground. It’s the same ring I gave to her. She’s giving it back. It means it’s over.

She left me there, kneeling like a moron, with no strength to stop her. I can’t even breathe, even though I tried many times but still I can’t. It looks like my whole system wouldn’t work without her. It is as if my heart stopped after she left me.

So tell me, is this the consequence for what I did?

And… Is my death enough for her to come back?

 

 

 

Bom’s POV

 

 

I did not attend Hyun Joong’s party, even if I have an invitation. Like hello, me, attending an enemy's party?! Hell no!

And the worst part, I am here, imagining what’s going on in the party. Are they having fun? Is Hwangbo having fun right now, knowing that she’s just having sarcastic conversation with his ex?

Aishhh! I said she doesn’t have to come there, but that hard-headed chic went on!

I even tried to call her many times but she didn’t answer me even once. Aishhh. What’s happening to her? I’m really worried.

I stopped worrying when I heard someone knocking the door. Omo! Is that Hwangbo? Is that her??? It must be her!!! It must be her!!!!! And yes, it’s really her. And say what, she looks pitiful in her state right now. Her make-up is a mess, maybe because of her tears and maybe she will have another batch of those now.

I let her in. She then sat at the couch and I sat beside her after closing the door.

 

 

“So. What happened?” I started the conversation. I know until now she’s not that in the mood to start it right away.

 

“We… I… broke with him. On his important day. D@mn me, d@mn me Bommie.” I just said it, she will have another batch of tears now.

 

“It’s ok… He deserves it.” I hugged her and pat her back. I cannot do anything, but this kind of comfort. And I know, this is what she needs.

 

“I just can’t imagine that I ended *hiccups* everything tonight. I even *hiccups* didn’t let him explain.”

 

“You did the right thing Hwangbo. You don’t need any explanations.”

 

“But…. But… I want to hear. *hiccups* I just got scared on *hiccups* what he will say. *hiccups* But I want to hear every word!”

 

“No. Just move on.” I breathed hard. Move on? Can she do that in a short time? Or rather, can I do that if we broke up? I think I can’t. I’m too in loved with Seung Hyun that I can’t imagine life without him.

 

 

We cried the whole time until she decided to go home. We bade goodbyes for the last time of the day and after that I closed the door and walked towards my room but Hwangbo knock the door again. Alright, I’m not that sure that it’s her, but I think she came back. Maybe she forgot something.

But when I opened the door, I saw my boyfriend’s face. Yup still a boyfriend. I don’t want to break with him while Hyun Joong and Hwangbo are still together. I don’t want to ruin my friend’s plan. And breaking with him will surely ruin her plans.

 

 

“What brought you here?” I tried to be cool. I have to try, even if I am angry… no not just angry, I am really really furiously mad at him. I just want to kill him right now.

 

He looked at me, that’s what I remembered, but in just a second I saw myself resting in his chest. He hugged me, but I didn’t hug him back. Now I can smell the stinky odor of beer. “I love you~~” He screamed at the top of his lungs. I knew it, he’s drunk.

 

“You know that I don’t want you to say that when you’re drunk.”

 

“Hahahaha. But that’s true. Believe me Bom. I really really really…” He’s acting like he’s vomiting. Oh no, he’s not gonna do that!!!

 

I pushed him, “Hey! Don’t you dare vomit at me!!!” I don’t want to be a victim of whatever he’ll spit tonight!

 

At last, he controlled the vomiting act and laughed softly, “I won’t… Just… Let’s just stay like this for a while.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Breakfast?”

 

 

Oh yeah. Believe me or not, I let my soon-to-be-ex to stay here in my house for a night.

I must admit, I still care for him.

Hey. Know what guys, you should stop judging. First, is it wrong to still care for him? I mean, anyone cannot erase that feeling in a snap. Second, we didn’t do anything wrong last night. He slept at the guest’s room. I didn’t even try to touch any of his body part. I let my driver do that.

 

 

He sipped the coffee I gave, “Ah… I need to explain, do I?”

 

“No need.”

 

“I guess, I shouldn’t ask you that. I really need to explain.” He smiled and me? I rolled my eyes. I can’t stand him anymore!! Arghhh!!! “And even you say no, still I will.”

 

“Know what, you’re just wasting your time.”

 

“You guess so? Well I think I’m not. In the end I know it will be worth it.” His smile became bigger. Oh God, forgive me! I will kill this man! I will, really!!!

 

“Sometimes, you don’t know the use of the words ‘shut up’.” I said sarcastically. He’s starting to get into my nerves!

 

“Yes I know.” He winked. He unbelievably winked at me!!! The nerve! “So, should I start?”

 

“No you can’t.”

 

“I can! This is a democratic country and --”

 

Aghhh. Into his dramas again!! “Fine! Shoot it!”

 

 

He started to state what happened, from the day they met Hwangbo at the mall until yesterday. His words are too convincing that I believed in every word. I think he’s really out of the ex-couple’s business. I think I must…

 

 

“Know what, I wish I didn’t suggest that to Hyun Joong. I wish I knew earlier that you’re best friends. And I wish,” He lowers his voice, “You can forgive me for the stupid things that I did.”

 

 

After hearing his side, I think this is the bestest thing to do. I think I must consider Hwangbo’s advice now.

 

 

“I… do forgive you.” He smiled. “But that doesn’t mean that I already forgot what you did to Hwangbo.” He suddenly frowned. I really want to laugh at his reactions but I can’t. I don’t want to ruin this serious moment.

 

“Then what will I do?”

 

“First. Say sorry to Hwangbo and try to explain your side.” After all, he needs to apologize. It’s not entirely his fault, but still it is his fault.

 

“But what if--”

 

I cut him, “I’m so sure she will.”

 

“Second?” As if he’s excited to hear the second one.

 

“Second. You will court me… for 3 months.”

 

“For what?!” I know, I know. He must be shocked right now. But I can’t think of something else. And besides, I want him to do the things he used to do to me, like giving a bouquet of roses, teddy bears, chocolates, serenading me, and other courting stuffs.

 

“Three months. Violent reaction?”

 

He breathed, maybe trying to think of a response. “None.” I smiled. That’s good! “Just a question.”

 

“What?”

 

“Can I start now?”

 

 

If I can burst, I did it right away.

Say what??! He will start right now?!

Iyaaaaaahhhhh! Shameful me, I think my face is getting red!!!

Omo, I really love this guy.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally!!! Updated again. :)

Thank you guys for your support. I hope you'll continue it ^________^

 

                                                                                                                                        -BunnyTOP