Capture / Yuju x Umji

gfriend(ships) one shots!

Words: 1007

 

Yewon likes to capture the moment at any time of the day. Be it in the morning or at night, there won't be a day where you don't hear any shutter sound coming from her camera. A picture speaks a thousand words. Her father used to tell her that a lot when she was younger and that was what piqued her interest in photography.

 

Wow, the sky looks nice. Click.

 

The kids are so adorable playing at the playground! Click.

 

“Time, please go faster, I want to rush the clock, mind control...”

 

Yewon smiles when she hears the voice. She zooms in her camera on the girl that is seated on the park bench and takes a few shots of her as she continues to strum the guitar while singing for the children that are crowding around her.

 

Yewon’s heart seems to skip a beat and her finger stops pressing on the shutter button when the girl looks up from the kids and stares directly at the camera lens, sending the photographer a playful wink with a bright smile on her face.

 

How is she so beautiful? All the photos I've taken are nothing compared to her.

 

“Yewon noona!” a little boy comes up to her and tugs on the hem of her shirt. “Can you take a photo of me instead of continuously taking shots of Yuna noona all the time?”

 

Yewon feels her cheeks heating up over the boy’s words and she immediately puts her camera  down, flashing him a sheepish smile. “Sure thing, Minki ah. Do any poses you like and I’ll take a few good photos of you!”

 

Hearing Yewon’s words, Minki smiles toothily at Yewon and stands a few metres away from the latter before showing her a superman pose.

 

“That's a very good one, Minki ah!” Yewon shows the kid a thumbs up before bringing her camera up once again to take a few shots of Minki as he changes his pose once in awhile. “You can come back now. Let noona show you the photos she has taken!”

 

“Wow,” is all Minki could voice out when he sees the photos Yewon had taken of him. “Can I have these photos, noona? They look really good! You and Yuna noona are so amazing!”

 

Yewon laughs softly and reaches her hand out to ruffle Minki’s hair. “Noona will give you the photos soon, hm? I promise!”

 

I know you won't break your promise, noona,” Minki nods and smiles cheekily at the photographer. “I think Yuna noona is calling you. You should go now and not make her wait!”

 

Turning her head to where Yuna is seated at, Yewon sees her girlfriend looking at the two of them with a gentle smile on her face. “It seems like you're right,” she mutters softly with a small smile on her face. “I’ll see you soon alright, Minki?”

 

“Mhm,” the boy nods again. “Tell Yuna noona I said hi!”

 

Walking over to where Yuna is, Yewon settles the camera down beside her after taking a sit on the bench. Yuna places her guitar aside as well and immediately wraps her arms around Yewon’s waist, resting her head on the girl's shoulder after. “I missed you.”

 

The photographer lets out a soft chuckle and rests her head on Yuna’s head, closing her eyes briefly with a contented smile on her face at the close proximity between them. “I missed you too. You sounded great as usual singing just now, unnie. Oh, I forgot. Minki says hi.”

 

“That kid could have come up to me instead of making you his messenger,” Yuna clicks her tongue playfully. “You're really fond of Minki, aren't you? I saw you stop taking photos of me only take photos of him after. I’m jealous.”

 

Another soft laughter leaves Yewon’s lips as she pulls away slightly only to place a light kiss on the crown of Yuna’s head. “I am,” she admits with a sheepish smile. “Also, I've taken lots of photos of you already! There's nothing to be jealous of.”

 

“Out of all the photos you've taken of me, which one do you like the most?” Yuna asks softly as she looks up at her girlfriend with a glint of curiosity in her eyes.

 

“Hmm,” Yewon hums as she thinks. “I like all of them since they have you in it but my most favourite one is seeing you in person right in front of my eyes. Nothing can beat that at all.”

 

Yuna feels her cheeks flush and she buries her head on the crook of Yewon’s neck, hugging the latter's waist even tighter.

 

“A picture may speak a thousand words but whenever I see you, you always make me go speechless and that's honestly crazy because I never thought there was someone capable enough to do that to me.”

 

Yuna looks up once again with a bashful smile on her face. “You're really good with your words, you know. Have you ever thought of becoming a writer instead?”

 

Yewon answers Yuna by shaking her head before stealing a peck on Yuna’s lips. “I think photography suits me better. I prefer telling stories through photos instead of words.”

 

Click.

 

The couple immediately turns their head to where the shutter sound came from with their eyes wide open only to roll their eyes in a playful manner when they see Minki with a phone in hand.

 

“Did you just take a photo of us, Minki ah?” Yuna removes her arms from Yewon’s waist and rests her elbows on her thighs instead as she looks at the toddler.

 

“Mhm!” Minki nods happily and shows the photo to both Yewon and Yuna.

 

“Not bad at all,” Yewon comments, impressed at the photo that was taken by Minki. “You captured the moment perfectly.”

 

“We look so in love with each other,” Yuna adds.

 

Yewon smiles at Yuna’s words.

 

I may have captured lots of photos for the past few years but I love the fact that I've captured your heart in the process as well.