Yuju x Eunha

gfriend(ships) one shots!

a/n: well, i feel like there's something lacking in this one-shot but i got inspired to write this after seeing a prompt by @gfriendfics on twitter!


 

Words: 801

 

 

Yuju always watches Eunha from afar.

 

As much as she wants to approach the latter, she knows it is impossible for her to do so. Hence, Yuju is contented with just being able to see Eunha smile and laugh although it is from a distance. It warms her heart seeing Eunha happy though she would like it even better if she is the reason behind Eunha's smile and laughter.

 

Yuju sighs. It hurts her honestly that she isn't able to get any closer to Eunha. There are a lot of things she wishes she could do with Eunha. She wants to be a shoulder Eunha can lean on whenever she's upset. She wants to be the first one to wish Eunha good morning and the last one to wish her goodnight. She wants to be Eunha's personal cheerleader whenever exams are nearing. It saddens Yuju knowing that all these are not possible to be done even if she tries hard.

 

Yuju is happy enough that Yerin and Sinb are taking good care of Eunha. She had met them once during a camp and they treated her as if they had been friends for a long time and it made Yuju feel very welcomed for the three days two night camp. However, luck was not on her side during the camp because Eunha happened to have fallen sick the day before the camp. She was not able to enjoy the camp fully due to Eunha's absence.

 

It isn't like Eunha dislikes Yuju or anything. In fact, Eunha admires Yuju a lot but she never did tell her. They don't talk much although they are in the same class but when they do, everyone else disappears and it feels like there are only the two of them on Earth. Every moment with Yuju is special to Eunha but she had no courage to tell Yuju that as well.

 

How I wish I can be by your side now, Yuju thinks as she watches Eunha sitting on her seat with her earpiece on. Her heart clenches upon noticing a glint of sadness in Eunha's eyes. It seems like tears are threatening to fall but she is trying hard to hold them in. I hate seeing that look on you.

 

~.~.~

 

“Eunha, would you like to join Sinb and I in watching a movie?” Yerin asks as the trio walk out of the school compound together.

 

Eunha shakes her head and flashes a small smile at the two. “I'll give it a miss today. I have something else to do.”

 

“If you say so,” Yerin furrows her brows but doesn't say anything else although she finds her friend a little bit suspicious.

 

“It's your loss then since Yerin unnie promised to pay today!” Sinb grins, not realising the change in atmosphere between them.

 

“I'll see the both of you tomorrow,” Eunha waves to them and walks to the other direction.

 

Yuju leaves a huge gap between the both of them and shoves her hands into the pockets of her jacket as she watches over Eunha closely from behind. She feels like a stalker following Eunha around secretly but she cannot forgive herself if anything is to happen to her classmate-slash-crush.

 

~.~.~

 

Yuju frowns as she looks up at the sign before turning her attention back to Eunha. She sees Eunha squatting down with her bag in front of her and s her bag to pull out something from inside.

 

Isn't that my jacket I lent her…?

 

“You're an idiot,” Yuju hears Eunha mutter and takes a few steps closer but not too close to have a better listen. “A very big idiot.”

 

The taller girl chuckles bitterly and clenches her fists tightly. “I'm really sorry, Eunha…” she whispers, knowing why Eunha said so.

 

“Why did you have to be so selfless?”

 

Yuju hears Eunha sniffling and her heart tightens. She wants to hug her but she knows she can't reach out to hold her.

 

She never could since a month ago.

 

She's dead.

 

And Eunha is squatting down in front of her very own grave.

 

“If only I wasn't a coward back then…” Eunha dug her nails into the fabric of the jacket she is holding and bites onto her lower lip trying hard to prevent her tears from flowing. “If only you didn't try to play hero and got hit by the speeding car trying save the dog, would things have been different between us?”

 

I'm sorry…” Yuju apologises once again although she knows Eunha can't hear her.

 

Teardrops starts to fall onto the jacket and Eunha fails to hold them in anymore.

 

When I was still alive and breathing, I wished that I was able to be by your side… I guess I can only do so by being your guardian angel now.