of claw machines and plushies. / yerin x sinb

gfriend(ships) one shots!

words: 661

 

yerin is addicted to playing the claw machines at the arcade. she would drag eunbi out of the dorm— it will always be hwang eunbi and not the other eunbi or the other members— and the main dancer wishes that she could just tie her precious unnie up for a day so that she could rest peacefully without having to deal with any of yerin’s whines and hits whenever she fails to get the plushie she wants.

 

today is no different though.

 

just like any other day, eunbi is once again dragged by yerin to head over to the mini arcade that yerin came to love. eunbi had taken note that the plushies in the claw machines change every week so she was lowkey curious to know what plushies are up for grab this time round. turning her head to face the older girl, eunbi could not help but smile when she sees the bright expression on yerin’s face as they walk down the pavement. as much as she hates going to the arcade, she enjoys being with yerin very much which is why she does not mind being dragged by yerin over and over again.

 

“look, eunbi!” yerin exclaims and points to a claw machine that is visible within their sight. “they're penguin plushies!”

 

eyes widening slightly at the mention of her favourite animal, eunbi quickly changes her focus to where yerin is pointing at and immediately pulls the older girl excitedly towards the claw machine that is filled with plenty of penguin plushies.

 

“yerin unnie, can you get one for me?” eunbi asks as she leans against the machine to take a closer look at the adorable stuffed toys waiting to be claimed.

 

yerin looks at eunbi in amusement. she can see the sparkles in the dancer’s eyes at the sight of the penguins and yerin is more than willing to get it for her dear eunbi but she decides to tease the younger girl a little. “what do i get in return if i manage to get you one of those?”

 

“you'll—” eunbi furrows her brows slightly as she thinks, instantly regretting her words after saying the next line. “i promise i won't complain every time you drag me here.”

 

“deal!” yerin nods firmly and stands in front of the machine, placing a few coins into the machine after.

 

eunbi watches closely as yerin concentrates on positioning the claw at the right spot. a quiet chuckle escapes her lips when she notices yerin bite on her lower lip when the claw goes a little too far off before moving it to where it should be, just above the stuffed animal. her heart rate speeds up a little when yerin presses down on the other button, her eyes lock themselves onto the claw as it goes down to grab onto the plush toy yerin is aiming for.

 

“almost there,” eunbi hears yerin mutter under her breath.

 

“yes!” eunbi exclaims happily when the claws of the crane manage to secure the penguin plushie. “you got it, unnie! the penguin is nearing that hole over there!!”

 

yerin smiles warmly at the excited eunbi. she had not expected to get the toy in just one try but it seems like luck is on her side this time round. being able to see eunbi happy because of her winning the plushie is a bonus.

 

“i love you so much! you're the best, yerin unnie!” eunbi gives yerin a quick hug and a peck on the cheek before retrieving the penguin plushie.

 

yerin freezes in her spot for a few seconds before bringing a hand up to lightly touch the spot eunbi placed a peck on, a light blush covering her cheeks at the realisation that hwang eunbi just kissed her.

 

“unnie,”

 

yerin looks up at eunbi.

 

“even if you didn't manage to get me the penguin, i’ll still love you the same.”

 

yerin has never been this happy to win a plushie before.