Akai Ito / Yuju x Umji

gfriend(ships) one shots!

Words: 507

 

The red string of fate — akai ito. Some claimed to be able to see the thin red thread tied around their pinky but most of them don't and find it ridiculous. Why would someone's fate be determined just a piece of string? Choi Yuna, unluckily, belongs to the first group of people. She is able to see the thread wherever she goes to and it bothers her because although she is able to see it, she is still not able to find her destined partner.

 

Yuna was able to see the thread when she had just turned sixteen. Now, being twenty years old, she finds it frustrating that her partner is still nowhere near her. She did travel to a few countries — China, Japan and as far as the United states to find the person. However, her attempts were futile. None of them had the other end to her string.

 

“Are you still trying to find that soulmate of yours?” Sojung raises an eyebrow when she sees Yuna looking around the café.

 

“Mhm, he has to be here somewhere,” Yuna mumbles her reply as she tugs on her string gently, hoping that someone in the small, confined shop would feel the tug and react to it.

 

Sojung sighs softly. “Do you really believe in that myth a lot?”

 

Yuna turns her head sharply to face Sojung and narrows her eyes at her with a small scowl on her lips. “I can really see the thread on my pinky finger, unnie. You even have it on yours too!”

 

The older girl rests her elbow on the table and supports her chin on the palm of her hand, taking a deep breath in before speaking once again. She always finds it hard to talk some sense into her dear friend. “Don't you think it's time for you to grow up, Yuna? You're twenty already. There's no such—”

 

“Welcome back, Miss Kim!”

 

Yuna’s eyes widen slightly and her back tenses up when she feels a light tug on her pinky finger, making Sojung cut her sentence halfway. “Unnie,” Yuna calls enthusiastically. “I can feel it. I-I think my soulmate is here!”

 

Sojung could only let out another sigh and decides to concede like she usually does. “If you say so.”

 

Standing up from her seat, Yuna slowly follows her thread in order not to scare the person. For all she knows, her soulmate might be like Sojung who isn't able to see the thread. Her heart slowly starts to pick up its pace and Yuna is starting to regret getting out of her seat before looking at her soulmate’s face.

 

“Excuse me, miss?”

 

Yuna stops walking and looks up from her thread to face the owner of the voice.

 

“Are you here to order something?”

 

“No, I’m Choi Yuna— I-I mean—”

 

She looks down once again to hide her blushing cheeks.

 

“I’m Kim Yewon,” the other customer introduces herself, making Yuna feel warm all over by her soft, honey-like voice.

 

“It seems like we've finally found each other.”