Friday / Yuju x Eunha

gfriend(ships) one shots!

Words: 534

 

It’s too hard to wait till the weekend
Time, please go faster, I want to rush the clock

 

Eunha stares at the plain wall of her bedroom as she listens to a recording of Yuju strumming her guitar while she sings. She can still remember clearly the happy look Yuju had on her face when her parents present her with a guitar on her birthday and since then, Eunha never saw her best friend without her guitar whenever she decides to hang out at the latter's place.

 

Each minute, each second is so sweet
What is this man?
I can’t help but to fall in love

 

Eunha feels a strong tug in her chest and smiles bitterly as she continues listening to Yuju’s soothing voice resonating in her room.

 

Love.

 

Eunha has been in love with Yuju for as long as she can remember. It started of as a crush in middle school but as time passes by, she finds herself falling deeper in love with her best friend. She had tried her best to push the feeling away but all her attempts were futile. Nothing can make her heart stop from beating erratically whenever Yuju is around.

 

All day, my heart rides on that clock hand
Getting closer to you with each tick

 

Wait… no. Not now…’

 

Eunha thinks to herself as she feels slowly getting uncomfortable. Sitting upright on her bed, Eunha rests her palm on and forces herself to cough, trying to get rid of the unsettling feeling in . She can feel something building up in the pits of her stomach and she starts to shake her head as tears form on the corner of her eyes due to the unbearable pain in .

 

‘No no no. I shouldn't be feeling like this. You're supposed to be strong, Jung Eunbi. You told yourself not to let this happen again.’

 

However, she knows her mind did not listen to her when she sees a lone flower petal stained with blood lands gracefully on her white bed sheet. Another petal leaves her lips followed by another and another. Eunha finds it hard to stop coughing now as she tries to get rid of all the flower petals that are still stuck in , making it extremely hard for her to breathe.

 

Baby's breath.

 

It's Yuju's favourite flower.

 

Eunha cannot forget how happy her best friend looked when she received those flowers on Valentine's Day. She finds it pathetic how Yuju’s favourite flowers are the ones that is causing her pain at the moment.

 

Let’s meet this coming Friday
Take all of my heart on that day

 

Eunha ghosts her finger above the petals as silence fills the room once the recording has ended. She takes them in her hand and clenches her fist tightly, a soft laughter escapes her lips as tears are streaming down her eyes. The pain she felt in earlier on is nothing compared to the pain she is feeling in her chest whenever she thinks about her hopeless love with Yuju.

 

Friday is always their night out together but today, Yuju is out with someone who is not her.