Yerin x Sinb

gfriend(ships) one shots!

words: 628

 

eunbi loves hanging out at the beach late on a friday night. she enjoys the cold sea breeze blowing on her face whenever she sits near the water. it makes her feel at peace and she is able to think more clearly as compared to when she is at home. it can be suffocating sometimes when her parents worry about her twenty-four-seven so the beach is her only escape.

 

“hey, i’m sorry i’m late. my mom made me do the dishes today.”

 

eunbi smiles upon hearing the voice. she loves hanging out at the beach on a late friday night because of her.

 

jung yerin.

 

the person who makes her friday more meaningful than any other days.

 

“it's alright. at least you're here now,” she mutters softly and rests her head on the girl’s shoulder after the latter settled down beside her.

 

it has been a weekly routine for the two to meet each other at the beach. they would just sit down and talk about random things until midnight. yerin is older than her by a year but eunbi has never felt so comfortable with anyone else other than her.

 

“have you ever been in love, eunbi?” yerin asks after a short silence, reaching her hand out to hold onto eunbi’s. she then interlocks their fingers together and lightly draws circles on the back of eunbi’s thumb.

 

“eh?” eunbi turns her head sharply to face the older girl, her eyebrows slightly furrowed when she notices a faint blush on yerin’s cheeks. “are you in love with someone at the moment?”

 

“maybe…?” yerin answers unsurely.

 

“oh.”

 

eunbi could not hide her disappointment.

 

“is he a good person?”

 

yerin turns her head to face eunbi and flashes her a soft smile. “she is an amazing person.”

 

eunbi’s eyes widen when her eyes suddenly meet with yerin’s. her heart starts to palpitate faster and she is glad that the sound of waves is able to hide the sound of her heart beating.

 

“d-do i know who she is?” she asks in a soft voice.

 

yerin hums softly and nods in response. “you know her really well actually.”

 

eunbi falls silent. she can feel her heart clenching in her chest and she wishes she had not asked yerin that question. having known the older girl for more than three months, eunbi could not hide the fact that she has fallen in love with the bright girl and knowing that yerin is in love with someone, eunbi feels dejected.

 

“why are you so adorable?” yerin laughs softly and gives eunbi’s hand a gentle squeeze. her smile grows brighter and she leans her face closer to the younger girl, pressing a soft kiss on her cheek. “it's you, eunbi. you're the one i’m in love with.”

 

“h-huh?” eunbi feels her cheeks heating up at the sudden kiss and she immediately averts her gaze to the front, unable to look at yerin straight in the eyes. “you must be joking. there's nothing—”

 

“you don't even know who my friends are, eunbi,” yerin muses. “between us, we only know each other extremely well. do you think i’m still joking?”

 

“since when?”

 

yerin turns her attention back to the front as well with a serene smile on her lips. “since i laid my eyes on you. it might sound cliche but it's true. my feelings for you grew bigger as time passes by. it took me a lot of courage to confess to you.”

 

eunbi glances at their intertwined hands with a smile. “believe it or not, i feel the same too.”

 

“let's take things slow, shall we?”

 

eunbi nods in agreement and presses a quick peck on yerin’s cheek, grinning brightly after.


“let's do just that. we have all the time in our hands anyway.”