On Rainy Days / Yerin x Yuju

gfriend(ships) one shots!

Word Count: 980
 

Yuju is left alone with Yerin in the dorm as the rest of the members has gone out to the neighbourhood’s convenience store to stock up their supply of food and daily necessities. The main vocalist initially wanted to follow them but somehow, Yerin, feeling like a couch potato for the day had successfully made Yuju stay with her by using her deadly aegyo. Of course, Yuju was unable to say no at the exceptionally cute human being. Especially when she has a very soft spot for the second oldest. She took it as a chance to finally be able to have Jung Yerin all to herself.

 

“Do you hear that?” Yerin crinkles her nose as she lowers the volume of the television.

 

“Hear what?” Yuju blinks and tries to hear for anything unusual.

 

“It seems like it's raining,” Yerin stands up from the floor and heads towards the window to check if she is right.

 

Yuju's eyes follows Yerin's movements and the corner of her lips unknowingly curls up into a smile when she sees the older member watching the rain with much fascination like a toddler.

 

“Do you know what the rain reminds me of, Yuju ah?” Yerin smiles a little as she walks back towards Yuju and settles down beside her.

 

“What… is it?” Yuju looks at Yerin like a deer caught in the headlights.

 

“Why are you so cute?” Yerin pulls Yuju into a hug and squeezes her figure gently.

 

The main vocalist feels her cheeks heating up at the sudden hug and she wishes that Yerin would not notice her reddened face. The last thing she wanted is for Yerin to to the point she will get extremely flustered.

 

“Anyway,” Yerin rests her head on Yuju’s shoulder and sighs, causing Yuju to furrow her brows. “The rain always reminds me of the time you kept falling on stage.”

 

Yuju's expression softens and she glances at Yerin who is now playing with her fingers.

 

“You're such a strong and determined person. You still continued though it was obvious you were hurting,” Yerin frowns slightly as she recalls the event.

 

The younger girl feels her heart getting warm at Yerin's words. She reaches her hand out to intertwine her fingers with Yerin's and gives the latter's hand a light squeeze, making Yerin look up at her. Yuju feels as if the time has stopped as she makes eye contact with Yerin. Sometimes, she feels like she is the older one out of the two whenever Yerin does something childish. However, at this point of time, with the look of concern evident in Yerin's eyes, Yuju knows Yerin is actually a great unnie. Yerin is someone whom she can share her problems with, lean on for support and someone who happens to make her heart skip a beat whenever she smiles. It's amazing how you can make me feel this way, Yerin unnie, Yuju smiles at her thought.

 

“Yah, what's with that smile?” Yerin huffs. “I was being serious!”

 

Yuju shakes her head and leans in to peck the tip of Yerin's nose, surprising the older girl. “Thank you.”

 

Yerin's cheeks flushes. She had always been the one to attack her members with kisses and for Yuju, her Yuju, to make a move first, she got surprised. “What are you thanking me for?”

 

“Just everything,” Yuju grins bashfully. “You've done so much for me without you knowing it yourself.”

 

“Do I get a reward for that?” Yerin wiggles her brows playfully.

 

Noting that the other members won't arrive home any sooner due to the heavy rain, Yuju gives Yerin's hand another squeeze before leaning in once again to give her another peck, this time on the corner of her lips. Before Yuju can even pull away, Yerin brings her free hand up to cup Yuju's cheek, pressing her lips ever so gently against Yuju's own pair, surprising the latter.

 

No words can explain how Yuju is feeling when she feels Yerin lips on hers for more than a mere second. She was only teasing Yerin a moment ago. How did she get into such a situation in such a short time? Yuju does not think much about it though. Having Yerin’s lips on hers has always been a dream of hers since she started falling for the member.

 

“Now, that’s a reward,” Yerin whispers as she lets her lips linger on Yuju’s for a few seconds before pulling away completely with a huge grin plastered on her lips.

 

Yuju turns flustered for the nth time and she hits Yerin on the shoulder a little bit too hard. “That was my first kiss!” she exclaims.

 

“I’m glad,” Yerin chuckles softly and rubs the spot Yuju had hit. “Your lips are only mine starting from today.”

 

“Tsk.” Yuju crosses her arms and huffs. “Says the one who also attacks the others with kisses.”

 

Yerin raises a brow in amusement, finding this side of Yuju awfully cute. “I’ll stop if you agree to be mine.”

 

What?”

 

Yuju is finding it hard to believe whatever she is hearing it now. Did Yerin unnie really just ask me that?

 

Yerin sighs dramatically and shakes her head, deciding to tease the main vocalist. “It’s okay.”

 

“I’ll be yours,” Yuju says firmly, afraid that Yerin would actually change her mind all of a sudden.

 

“Of course, everyone would like to be mine,” Yerin jokes, earning a glare from Yuju.

 

“I’m taking back-”

 

Yerin silence Yuju with yet another kiss on the lips.

 

“There’s no taking back now. I promise I won’t kiss Sowon unnie and the other kids because starting from today, you’re my girlfriend, Choi Yuna,” Yerin smiles as she snuggles closer to Yuju, resting her head on the latter's shoulder. “Having you as my girlfriend is the real reward.”

 

Yuju doesn’t even regret her decision to stay with Yerin that day.