Typical Three

The Wish of Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a typical day off for the trio of friends; an afternoon indoors with magazines, gadget-fiddling, and its peripherals, scattered on the floor.

Whilst the taller of the trio rested on the bed, fiddling with Kyungsoo's phone, the rest sat by the side of the bed, Luhan scrolling through his phone and Kyungsoo reading a pop culture magazine.

“It's Saturday, you're not working today, Soo?” asked Chanyeol, looking through the fair student's schedule in the phones calendar application.

“No, tomorrow. Jongwoo said that there are two people already book for today's long day shift, three would be unnecessary. So, tomorrow I work the long shift with Henry; morning till evening.”

“Henry?” asked Luhan, looking to his right, where Kyungsoo sat.

“Yeah, he goes to the Academy. The one my sister talked to for me to get the job.”

“Is your sister popular at the Academy?” asked Chanyeol.

“I don't know, she doesn't talk about it, she mostly mentions her studies.”

“I bet she is; she's beautiful. I mean, if Yoona is popular at our school, I can't imagine why your sister couldn't be.”

“Was that shade?” Kyungsoo questioned Luhan, then looked to Chanyeol for confirmation.

The towering young man chuckled, endeared by his smaller friend's unawareness “It can be.”

“I didn't mean it like that;” Luhan corrected himself, “they're both beautiful smart, that's a sure way to be popular.”

“So why aren't you?” asked Kyungsoo to Luhan, tilting his head, to the background noise of Chanyeol guffawing at the comeback.

“Excuse me?” Luhan aimed a bitter eye at the oblivious mild teen “Kyungsoo, I am well popular where it matters, just look at this!” The beautiful boy shoved his phone's screen in front of the fair student. Kyungsoo stared at the screen, confused by the characters and the structure of what he was presented with.

“I can't read it, what is it?”

“It's a post I made on social media and look how many likes and reposts I have!”

“Well, that's Chinese social media.” Chanyeol rationalised, unconvinced.

“So?”

“Well, there's more people who speak Chinese than Korean, the amount, in terms of ratio, doesn't count for much, in any case, those thousands would turn to hundreds, or even tenths in our smaller country population ratio.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter