For the easiest thing until the harder one

Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Hello dear readers, here's the weekly update as promised. This chapter is Joongki's side on the proposal and some of the dialogues are the same as in the previous one. Also, I made up a last name for Hyekyo's mother since she may not have the same as her father after their divorce.

Sorry for the messy writing. Comments are welcome, see you next week!

These past days had been difficult for him, Joongki tried to not being weird around Hyekyo and despite his wish to be with her constantly he had to do something, maybe not the perfect marriage proposal but at least something strong enough for not having her rejecting him and feel embarrassed. He was so busy and in some way was kind of neglectful towards her.

After two months of barely seeing each other he was ready, he made all that was in his hands to asking her to be his wife. If I’m going to do this better to do it well, Joongki thought and he was determinate to it, he even may forgo some details, but he had to do the best for her and planning a way to propose to her was just a little thing, he had to go further for her.

And so he did, after all even when the concept of the proposal was his’ Joongki’s manager made all the hard work on that side. But he had a plan; he’ll go for the easiest thing until the harder one.

Joongki first meet with his parents, this is the easy part. They knew that he had some sort of fan love towards Hyekyo and he informed them they’re recently dating, it was a surprise but if their son is happy then they are too. But both parents could not avoid feeling dumbfounded when he told them he has plans to marry her.

His mother was the most worried; even when Joongki is not that young he’s still his younger son. On the other side, his father did not mind that much, it just seemed fast and asked if she was pregnant and he denied it. Thankfully after letting out their concerns Mr. and Mrs. Song approved the marriage, they have to for their son’s happiness.

The next move was not that easy but he hoped it would not be that hard; while on a short date with Hyekyo Joongki snatched her cell phone, he felt a little apologetic for grabbing her phone without asking, but he can’t ask for her mother’s phone number without looking suspicious.

He arranged a meeting with Hyekyo’s mother, asking her not to say anything; he believes that her son-to-be mother in lay may have a little soft side towards him, after the particular phone call about babies he thought so, even when her mother was teasing Hyekyo he was sure that Mrs. Heo would not take a topic like this lightly.

Joongki meet Hyekyo’s mother on a traditional restaurant and after all the formalities he let her mind out, saying that he would protect and made her happy and Mrs. Heo made a lot of questions and requests being the most important one to not hurt her daughter. In recent days she can see how Hyekyo is changing, she saw her in love but in the past she was in love to and ended being the one in pain.

“I know, I can see my daughter in love and I’m happy for her; and just said that you would protect her, she does not need that. This might sound hard but it’s the true, my Kyo is strong, the only thing that I’m asking from you is to not hurt her. I could be against your marriage after that party and because this is soon, but I’m not doing it for her.”

Mrs. Heo was clear and strong, if Joongki dares to hurt her daughter this will not end well and he fully understands; after the divorce of Hyekyo’s parents they only have each other, he’s not only taking Hyekyo, in some way he’s also being a little responsible for her mother.

And the end came the hardest part; Joongki had to talk with Jo Insung, they’re just friends but the disaster at his birthday made the things weird between the two. Insung knows that everything was a misunderstanding but still feels protective towards Hyekyo because he’s been supporting in her past struggles.

In the so called scandals that she’s been trough Insung was the first one to show support even against her own will, because Hyekyo always thinks that she can manage all by herself, and she can but also needs someone behind her, even if they just stay close without doing anything; and in some way he also took the role of her older brother.

Joongki meet with Insung in a private bar, ready for his dear friend to throw all kind of arguments against their relationship and he said that to him, he had a long speech to convince him and the reaction of Insung was nothing than expected, he started to laugh

“Yah! Why are you asking for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter