You Wouldn't Answer My Calls. in' Chicken Pimp.

Suicidal Love

Lately, I have been having an urge to pee.  Like a strong urge.  Like having to go so bad you get a cramp. /:  I get thirsty really easily.  Is this me going through my menopause?  :P  I hope not.  WHY I AM TELLING YOU GUYS, NO IDEA ;D.


 

Jonghyun's POV

 

I sat on the bench, positioned so my back was arched, leaning on my hands and my elbows resting on my knees, waiting for news, from the doctors.  Why did it take them so long just to fix up a few scratches? 

My phone rang, disrupting the moment of silence, that we obviously need to clear our minds.

"Sorry", I apologized to Key and Taemin.  I slid my phone out of my pocket, and checked the ID.

Onew.  God was he stuck in the traffic?

I picked it up immediately, "Hello, you're late"

These was a slight hesitation, before he answered, "I'm not coming."

I pulled the phone away from my ear and placed it on loudspeaker.  "Tell Key that."

I heard Onew, drag out a long breath, before repeating himself, "I'm not coming.  I can't"

Key's nostrils flared. "What?"

 

Onew's POV

 

I couldn't leave it like this.  You have to tell them.  That you can't bear to see her, all broken.  My hand bravely swooped down to get my cell phone. 

Jonghyun.  He could take it in the best.  He was the only one who wouldn't burst out in tears on me, or start yelling and nagging like an ahjumma.

I went to my contacts list.

Bling Bling Jonghyun.  I clicked the enter button.

One Ring.  Two.  Finally.

"Hello, You're late."

I could hang up right  now.  I could run away and start a new life.

The only thing stopping me was Her.  "I'm not coming"

There was a few seconds of silence.  This wasn't like him.  Maybe he didn't hear me?

"I'm not coming.  I can't"

"WHAT?!", I heard an angry Key on the other side. 

Oh Jonghyun heard me, Loud and Clear.  He just had to share it, a layer of anger rose from inside.  How could he?  I wanted to keep this private.  Between him and I.  I kept silent, not wanting to scream into the phone.

"Hyung?", Taemin's mellow voice uncertainly said, "What do you mean you aren't coming?  How late are you going to be?"

I sighed, I wasn't in the mood to deal with Taemin's sensitivity.  "Can you see her in the emergency room?"

"No, Hyung", Taemin whimpered.

"No", Key snorted, "But, I sure as hell know she's in pain."

Jonghyun sniffled, about to cry, like he did when things got hard.

"I did that to her.", I softly said, but loud enough so that they could hear me.

"WHAT?!", Key shouted, followed immediately by hushes.

"What do you mean you did that to her?", Taemin sobbed.

"Yeah, I know this is hard, but don't blame it on yourself.", Jonghyun comforted.

I shook my head, " No YOU, don't understand.  I crashed into her with my Honda.  Don't worry.  I won't be coming back for a while. "

Gasps filled the air in the other line.

I hung up.

No need to hear anything else.

 

Taemin's POV

 

Huh?  Did I hear correctly? 

The words rang over and over again in my ears, like the sad chimes of a bell.  I did it.

He? 

Onew?

He did this to her?  I gasped. 

"Why?", I gently asked, just as a flat beep came from the phone. 

I closed my ears, so I couldn't hear anyone else's words.

I covered my mouth so, no sobs would come out.

I closed my eyes, so no tears would spill.

 

I needed some time alone.

Away from existence.

Only me.

And my heart break.

Run, Taemin.

"TAEMIN, COME BACK."

"Let him go."

 

I ran until my legs felt as if they had been ripped off by the Devil himself.  I stopped, and took a breath, my lungs felt as if they were on fire.  Where was I?  I looked around, trying to locate where I was.

Benches.  Boardwalk. Metal Fence.  Dim lighting.  Docks.

I was at the shore.  I'd been here once with Min Woo.  When Minho got sick and had to stand her up.  They all made me come here to inform her, insisting since they thought I looked the least intimidating.

 

-Flashback-

 

Where was she?  Oh gawd.  How could I ever find her here.

Those damn hyungs.  How could they make me come here alone?  I frowned.

At least they gave me a picture of her.  I checked my pockets, about to bring out the photo. 

Nothing.  Maybe my back pockets?

OH . NO.

Where'd it go?

A light touch tapped at my shoulder. "Excuse me.  Did you lose something? "

I crouched onto the floor, to look for it " Uh.  Yes.  A photo.  Have you seen it? "

She laughed, " A photo? In this crowd?  No. . . but I can help you look."

"Really?  Thank you so much.  But don't you have something to do? "

"No.", a tint of sadness entered her voice, "My boyfriend stood me up.  I'm still waiting though.  Might as well do something productive."

"I'm sorry. Thanks for helping though.  What's your name?"

"Huh? Oh uh, my name's Min Woo. "

Sounded familiar.

I turned around, "My name's Taemi-".  For some reason, when my eyes reached her face it seemed as if my vocal cords had been cut off.  I looked into her soft

"Taemi? That's a strange name.", Min Woo burst into a dazzling smile, showing pearly white teeth.

"No my name's Taemin.  I don't understand why your boyfriend would stand up a girl like you", I let out a nervous laugh.

She sighed, " I don't he's usually really sweet.  Are you dating yet? "

"Me? No.  Waiting for the right girl.", I replied, surprised by her personal question.

"I see."

An awkward silence passed, "What's your boyfriend's name?"

"Minho."

"Bwoh?!  Choi Minho?"

"Yup.  You know him?"

"YEAH.  He's the reason why I came."

"Why did you come?"

"He's sick.  So I came in his place.", I half-lied.

"Oh, I see.  Let's find the photo first."

"It was a photo of you.  He won't mind.", I gave her a smile that most girl would melt under.  But she kept under perfect hold, and gave me a brighter one that melted my heart.

-End Flashback-

Some how you make my life a little brighter.  I sighed.  Where was my light now?

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

Taemin curled into a ball, his face contorted in pain.  I felt the same way, I held out an arm to give him a hug.  Unsure of what else to do.  Usually when he was upset, he would come to one of us for a hug. 

Taemin bolted away.

"TAEMIN, COIME BACK.", I yelled after him.  Right now, all we had was each other.   How could he walk out on us now?

"Let him go.", Key placed his hand on my shoulder.

I expected this from him least. "What do you mean?  He's only 17.  He needs us.  What is he going to do out in the night?  HE'S YOUR SON!  YOUR SON.  YOU ARE HIS UMMA.  What are you doing here?  Run after him."

Key gave me a heart-piercing look. " We aren't related.  We made the whole family thing up.  It was never real. "

What?  Was this Key? 

He seemed to have read my mind. " Look, Jonghyun, people react to crisis' in different ways.  And if my son need some time all by himself.  Who am I to deny him that? ", he cried, emphasizing 'son'.  He gave me a weak smile.

I nodded, not quite comprehending. " We are family. "

"I know", Key replied.


:D It's 8:30-ish  here and I haven't eaten in 11 hours.  I'm hungry. ):  Gtg.