Apology

Fade Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Missing you came in waves, and today, you were an ocean."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Over the next few days, you explained your entire history with Hansol to Taeil. When you smiled wistfully as you told him of your adventures as a child, he would smile along as well, imagining how cute you must have been as a child. When you spoke of the times you fought with Hansol over differing opinions with him, he would listen attentively, empathising with you and the difficulties you faced back then to try to make the relationship work. When you finally got to the point when you broke off your friendship with Hansol, Taeil would give you a moment to gather your emotions and thoughts. At the end, when you were tearing up, he pulled you into his arms as he whispered words of comfort into your hair. He told you about how your decision was not wrong and about how you should stop hurting for him. His soothing hands on your back and his warm scent helped clear your head. When you finally got a grip on yourself, you whispered into his shoulder.

“Thank you Taeil, for listening.”

“No problem. Someday, someone’s going to come along and make you happy again. Until then, take the time to heal.”

“Thank you so much. You have no idea how grateful I am to have you by my side.”

Unbeknownst to you, Taeil had planned to be that man.

-

It’s been 3 months since your conversation with Taeil and you were feeling so happy. Taeil went out of his way to make you happier each day, be it giving you small cupcakes to get you through your tougher days or planning slightly crazier adventures like escaping to the beach late into the night to stargaze and hear the peaceful lapping of the waves against the shore. He also made it a point to put on more aegyo shows for you and sing to you.

But still, on lonely nights when you can’t sleep, with a cup of hot chamomile tea in your hands huddled in layers of blankets as the movie in front of you plays, you find yourself not paying attention to the moving images on the screen but instead thinking of a man miles away. When sleep finally comes, you fall asleep to the thought of him.

It’s been so long since I’ve last saw him, but he still manages to have a hold on my life.

-

One evening, Taeil had brought you back to Palawan Beach, and there, he poured out all he had for you.

Stopping you at the same spot as you were bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun, he began.

“Do you remember this spot Liz?”

“Of course I do, it’s where you first sang for me.”

“Do you want to know what else happened in that moment?”

“Go on.” You were excited to know what had happened. You were expecting that he’d say that he’d finally found the courage to sing or rediscovered his true talent for singing.

But you were clearly unprepared for a confession.

“I knew that I truly loved you. Back then, as the sun adorned you in its warm glow and gazed at your form lovingly, you looked like an ethereal being. Even now, under a different setting sun, you still look like the most beautiful human being the world could ever create. More than that, I fell in love with your smile, the way the kindness shone from your eyes. You appreciate every single little thing of this earth, and your thankful heart just makes you much more attractive. There are so many more other things that I love about you, but the list would be too long. But if you give me the chance, I would let my actions talk and sing for you. You’re my first love and whilst I might not be your first, I hope to be your last. I’m asking you to be my girl now.”

Grasping your hand in his, he looked at you expectantly, waiting for a reply.

Your fingers lay limp against his hands, as you tried to process his words and let that feeling of love flow out of you. You waited, and waited.

But that feeling of love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter