This Is It

Fade Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite the fact that only the first rays of sunlight that were starting to paint the midnight blue sky golden, the alarm clock blared, causing you to stir in your sleep. After shutting it off, you turned back and with the ethereal sight presented right in front of you, I were definitely wide awake.

 

Ji Hansol’s perfectly sculpted face was right in front you, so close to the point you could feel his soft yet short breaths fan across your lips. So in this quiet moment, where it feels like the world is gone and it’s just you and him left, you threw away all your reservations and just stared right him, etching all the curves of his face into your mind, catching up on all the times that you missed seeing him up close just because you were so shy to stare at him.

 

On cue, he opened his eyes and so both of you just stared at one another for some time. Nothing special came between the two of you, it was just simple staring.

 

Just as you were about to rise from bed, you felt his hand close around your wrist before you were pulled back into the comfort of your sheets, with the added advantage of being cuddled by him.

 

With your back against his chest and his lips against your neck, he breathed,

"5 more minutes in bed ok?"

"Isn't that what couples say to one another?"

"Then let me be yours for today."

"Ok."

You lay with my eyes wide open as you watched the sun rise, the sun rays painting different shapes on your wall.

 

"I think it's been 5 minutes already Hansol, you need to be at the airport so you should get up too."

Gently removing his arms that were wound around yours, you padded towards the bathroom, your feet reluctant to leave the warmth of his embrace.

 

The ride to the airport was silent, he just held your hand, and you had let him.  Staring out of the window, you thought back to that very moment where he told you he was going to leave for good.

 

Christmas was round the corner, and so was your birthday. It's always been a tradition for both of you to spend Christmas together to celebrate your birthday.

 

But this year, things were going to change.

 

"I've got it all planned out this year. We're going to travel to the winter beach before heading to the mall, maybe do some last minute Christmas shopping. Sounds OK to you?"

 

You met his face with a smile but all you had was his silence.

 

"Hansol what's wrong? You don't like the idea?"

 

"No, I'm leaving."

 

"Leaving? Where to?"

 

"Seoul."

 

"Ahh~ you're spending Christmas there this year? Let's do it next year then."

 

"No I'm leaving for good."

 

Now he was beginning to scare you.

 

"Hansol what do you mean leave for good?"

 

"I got accepted by SM Ent."

 

And then it hit you then.  He was leaving for good to be a trainee under SM Ent.

 

At a loss for words, you didn't know what to say for a good long while until you whispered out a few words.

 

"Oh my gosh that's so amazing, you're finally living your dream. I'm so happy for you Hansol."

 

You looked in the other direction before he could see your face, the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter