My Cup Of Tea

Fade Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You tried to carry on life as usual without him; but it still felt weird to go on your social media accounts to find that you're following one less person and then as you scroll through to find out, you're reminded that it's him. Your phone that would usually light up with his name throughout the day was now silent without his presence.

 

Even on days when you wanted to find someone to hang with, you couldn't just whip out my phone to call him anymore.

 

And on some days, you would visit old hunts and try to remember the feeling of him beside you so that you would feel less lonely.

 

Life without him was alright... just emptier... but it'll be something you have to learn to live with.

 

These thoughts occupied your mind as you walked down the aisle of the supermarket, your eyes scanning through the various coffee and tea products but you weren't registering what your eyes were seeing.

 

Stopping in front the coffee that you always drank, you picked up the box, ready to place it in the cart but for some reason, coffee lost it's appeal that day. You were craving for something more... something else.

 

Placing the box back on the shelf, you retraced my footsteps until you stopped in front of the tea section.

 

Not knowing much about tea, you picked up the only one you knew of: Earl Gray.

 

Finally satisfied, you checked out and concluded your day.

_

 

"That's odd, you never drink tea."

 

"Huh?" Hearing the voice of your older sister, you immediately perked up.

 

"Look at what you're drinking Liz." Picking up the tag, she made another statement. "And it's Hansol's favourite tea."

 

Looking down, you notic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter