Bonus

Fade Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It was a tiring day at the work and you were so ready to just head home and drop on the bed to get at least 12 hours of sleep. You had performed 2 surgeries today, both totalling up to 10 hours. You didn't have time to eat for the whole day except for snacking on a few cookies for lunch and taking 2 cups of dark coffee to give you the perk you needed.

Still your battery ran flat and it was taking a monumental amount of energy to even get yourself to your car. You were contemplating if you should just call a cab because you didn't trust yourself to be driving in night conditions with your eyelids already halfway down your eyes.

But you didn't have to worry about driving at all.

Standing right by your car was Hansol, and when he saw you his beautiful lips broke out into a smile until a look of concern washed over his face, noticing how tired you looked.

You couldn't even muster the energy to run towards him to give him a hug so you just walked at your normal pace. He small jogged over and extended his arms in an embrace in which you gladly collapsed into. You were thankful that he was supporting your weight because you were sure you couldn't hold up your own anymore.

Wrapping your arms around his waist as his long arms enveloped your shoulders, you greeted him.

"Hey."

"Hey beautiful, tough day at work today?"

"Yea. 2 surgeries. 10 hours total. No food for the whole day except coffee and cookies. I'm dead beat."

Hugging you tighter, he said,

"Don't worry.  Let's get you home now. Then I'll make you your favourites."

"Mac and cheese?"

"Yup."

"That sounds good to me." You said as you smiled into his chest.

For a long while you two stood in comfortable silence, the warmth from his body seeping into your body as you took in his scent, a soft familiarity that helped you relax.

Rising on your toes, you pressed your lips against his cheek, his skin like a soft pillow for your lips.

You must have been feeling extremely brave that day, because you tilted your lips up to his ears and whispered,

"I would kiss you on the lips now if I could."

Chuckling, his reply was instantaneous.

"Kissing in public isn’t scandalous Liz, we could do it now if you want to.”

Shaking your head, you said,

"I know you’re shy, look at your red cheeks.” You pulled back to take a look at his fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter